If you are applying to work or study in the PRC, or if someone else travelling with you shares the same passport, or if you are applying in a country or territory other than the country of your current nationality, you also should fill out the Supplementary Visa Application Form besides the Visa Application Form.
1. Applicant's passport with blank pages and at least 6 months validity left before expiration. And a copy of its information page and emergency contact page.
2. The truly and completely filled Application Form.
3. Glue a color photo in 48mm x 33mm size to the application form. Stapled/taped/clipped/detached photos are not be acceptable.
4. For first-time applicant whose former nationality was Chinese, or who was born in the PRC (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), are required to provide the original Chinese passport and a copy of its information page, and pages of extension (if any).
5. Previous Chinese visa if any. If it is in the old passport, copies of passport's information page and that visa page(sticker with immigration stamps) are needed.
6. Name Change Certificate if name in the new passport differs from that in the old one. The documents (e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate) for name change issued by the authority are required.
7. For foreign passport holders, they are required to provide valid proof of residency, work or study in Philippines.
Special Requirements for Different Types:
Tourist/Family Visit Visa (L)
L is issued to a person who comes to the PRC for sightseeing, visiting relatives, or private matters. Documents to be included with application:
1. An invitation letter issued by Authorized Travel Agency, or from other travel agencies or individuals. Otherwise, you must provide a copy of return ticket and hotel reservation.
2. If visiting PRC for the first time, BIR-Stamped income tax return form, recent 6 months bank statement and original bank receipt are required. For students, please provide student ID, sponsorship letter and the bank statement of sponsor instead.
Business Visa (F)
F is issued to a person who is invited by Chinese authorities authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (M.F.A) to come for a visit, investigations, giving lectures, doing business, carrying out scientific, technical and cultural exchanges, pursuing short-term advanced studies or doing short-term fieldwork, for a period of less than 6 months. Documents to be included with application:
1. Invitation Letter of Authorized Chinese Unit, or a Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by an Authorized Chinese Unit, or an Invitation Letter issued by the Chinese companies, corporations and institutions other than above-mentioned Authorized Chinese Unit.
2. If applying for study in the PRC for less than 6 months, the original and copy of the Admission Notice, Form JW-201/JW-202 Application for Study in the PRC are required.
3. If visiting the RPC for the first time, BIR-Stamped income tax return form, recent 6 months bank statement and original bank receipt are required. For students, please provide student ID, sponsorship letter and the bank statement of sponsor instead. BTW, if applicants have invitation letter said above, income tax return form and bank statement are not required.
Employment/Work Visa (Z)
Z is issued to a person who comes for a post or employment and to the person's accompanying family members. It is also issued to a person who comes for commercial entertainment performance. Documents to be included with application:
1. Employment/Work Permit for Foreigners issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security.
2. Original and copy of Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by an authorized unit in China.
Accompanying family dependents should also provide an original and copy of Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by the authorized Chinese unit, or proof of kinship, e.g. original NSO birth certificate or marriage contract. Besides, the copies of relative's Z and residence permit are required.
3. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner from a hospital appointed by the embassy/consulate. The list of the appointed hospitals is available at consular counter.
4. Supplementary Application Form is required.
Student Visa (X)
There are two categories for study (X and F). X is issued to a person who comes to study, engage in advanced studies, or do fieldwork, for a period of more than 6 months, while F is issued for less than 6 months. Documents to be included with application:
1. Original and copy of Admission Notice and Application Form for Study (Form JW-201 or Form JW-202).
2. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner from a hospital appointed by the embassy/consulate. The list of the appointed hospitals is available at consular counter.
3. Supplementary Application Form is required.
A valid visa to final destination country/region and an onward air ticket on an international flight. For crew members who come to board, they are required to provide an original and copy of Invitation Letter and their Crew ID.
Note: Passengers are exempted from going through the procedures for obtaining a transit G if they hold an onward ticket and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.
Other Useful Information about Application
Address of Consular Office: 2nd & 3rd Floor, the World Center, 330 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila
Address: Cebu Fil-Chinese Volunteers Fire Brigade Building, Don Julio Llorente Street, Barangay Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000
Address: No.216 National Highway, Brgy 1, San Francisco, San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte 2901
Fee for Regular Service, Express Service, Rush Service