- Clients: Ms. Gudrun Ingeborg Heister & Mr. Otto Kilian Stein
- Country: Germany
- Itinerary: Ethnic Minorities in Longsheng (5 Days Luxury Hiking Tour of Guilin - Longsheng - Guilin - Yangshuo)
We enjoyed every moment of this wonderful trip and appreciated its perfect organization.
We preferred the breakfast in Guilin to the ones in Yangshuo. The latter were a bit too much on the Chinese side and not really catering for Western tastes. The proposed length of the hiking tours was, however, sometimes a bit too much for us, being an elderly couple, but our guide Mr. Wu managed this problem wonderfully. Thus he organized a continuation of our hiking tour along the river Li by having us floating to Xingding on a bamboo raft. We can only hope that other guides are as engaging and competent as Mr. Wu in coping with individual needs. The variations given in the outline description had indeed been decisive for booking this trip.
I agree to publish all or any part of this comment, but only without giving my email-address. I am thinking of sending some of our pictures to you and will ask you to forward them to Mr. Wu.
With best regards,
- Clients: Ms. Janet Elaine Peart, Ms. Freda Tucker, Mr. Gary Charles Peart & Mr. Thomas James Maynard
- Country: UK
- Itinerary: 14 Days Standard of Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Hong Kong
We had a fantastic holiday in China and everything you arranged for us through Travel China Guide was absolutely perfect - thank you. Joe, Gloria and David, our tour guides did an excellent job and are credit to your company. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt very well looked after. I would certainly recommend and use your company again.
In answer to your questions:
1. Meals were great, nice restaurants, good choice, tasty food and excellent service. The guides helped us choose from the menu and gave some great suggestions.
2. The service, attitude, knowledge and language of all three guides were excellent. We feel they went out of their way to make our trip a great experience, they were all very friendly yet remained professional at all times. We left two cameras in our hotel in Shanghai and Gloria our guide in Beijing was extremely helpful and we had both cameras back in just a few days. Gloria also lent my son a coat as it was well below freezing during our trip to the great wall which was so kind of her.
3. The drivers were polite and friendly and the cars were clean, comfortable and warm!
4. The hotels were all great and the breakfasts good. We particularly liked the holiday inn in Beijing although a little out of the centre we enjoyed the walk. The grand Stanford in Hong Kong was also excellent and a great location right on the harbor front in Kowloon, and everywhere was within easy walking distance.
Janet Peart, Gary Peart, Freda Tucker and Tommy Maynard