More Snow Jade Cave Photos
Discovered in the mid-1990's, the cave is over 1,022 miles long. At present, it is the youngest discovered in China. Because of its uniqueness and beauty, it has become a popular scenic spot along the Yangtze River as well as serving as a research site for the study of caves.
Some Unique Facts
- Most of the stalactites in the cave are white and pure as jade, hence its name.
- Stalactites grow quickly - thirty-three millimeters in one hundred years in fact. In contract, in other such kinds of caves, the average stalactite only grows one millimeter in a century.
- It houses many spectacular and unusual karst formations. These include a waterfall; stone hair; shields; coral and animal shapes. Snow Jade Cave is often referred to as the 'white marble sculpture museum.'
- The coral tower in the cave is the largest of its kind in the world.
- The glittering and transparent King Stone Flag at 26 feet high is the world's tallest and thinnest stone flag.
- The stone shield at 13 feet high is also known as the Snowy Jade Penguin. It is a source of amazement and marvel for many visitors and scholars.
- Certain groups of stalactites resemble goose necks, some as much as two yards long.
The perennial temperature in the cave is 60.8-62.6F. The air contains high levels of carbon dioxide and negative ions. It's reputed to have a curative effect for nasal and pulmonary conditions.
|Admission Fee:||CNY 70|
|Opening Hours:||08:00 to 17:00|