Hong Kong Wetland Park
Hong Kong Wetland Park is located in the north of Tin Shui Wai, the New Territories. The site of the park was initially intended for an ecological mitigation area to make up the lost wetlands during the urbanization process of Tin Shui Wai. In 1998, the Agriculture and Fisheries Department and Hong Kong Tourists Association did a research on whether a wetland tourist attraction can be built in Tin Shui Wai. Finally, they came to the same conclusion and decided to build a wetland park there but not to weaken its ecological mitigation function. Now, the Wetland Park has become a renowned nature reserve with educational and tourism value.
The park includes a 'Wetland Interactive World' of about 10,000 square meters (0.25 acres) and over 60 hectares (148 acres) of wetland for wildlife. The Wetland Interactive World is made up of five exhibition galleries, a projection room, a souvenir shop, a dining room, an indoor play area and a resource center. The five exhibition galleries focus on different themes and showcase the importance of wetlands on biodiversity, civilization and conservation. The wetland reserve comprises an area of man-made wetland and a habitat specifically intended for waterfowl and other wildlife. In the area of man-made wetland, you can have a close view of various fish, water birds and many other interesting living things.
The park attaches much importance to environmental protection. Through various meaningful exhibitions and your personal experience, you can learn a lot about wetland and its protection. At the same time, the beautiful scenery in the park will bring you much enjoyment. The park puts the Volunteer Scheme into practice. Some nature lovers are willing to be the volunteers to participate in the protection of the wetland. These volunteers not only play an important role in the protection of the wetland but also propagandize the environmental protection in the society.
A code of visiting:
1. To avoid disturbing the birds and other wildlife, please don't wear brightly-colored clothes.
2. Please don't speak loudly or run in the park.
3. Please don't damage the plants or catch the animals.
4. Smoking is not allowed there.
5. Please don't picnic in the park.
6. Please put litter into dustbin.
How to get there:
1. Transfer to the Light Rail Route 705 or 706 at Tin Shui Wai Station of MTR West Rail. Then, get off at the light rail's Wetland Park Stop.
2. Take Bus No.264M, 276B or 967, which all pass the Wetland Park.
3. Get to Tin Heng Estate Bus Terminus by taking buses No.K73, K76, 265B, 265M, 276A. And then, have a 10 to 15 minutes' walk to the Park.
|Mon., Wed. to Sun., public holidays||10:00 – 17:00|
|Tue. (except public holidays)||closed|
|The first and second day of Chinese Lunar New Year||closed|
The service hours of ticket office: 09:30 – 16:00
|Concessionary: children aged 3 to 17, full-time students, the disabled (and the accompanying carer), the elderly aged 65 or above||HKD15|
|Children below 3 years old||Free|
Note: Half price for children aged 3 to 18, full-time students, and senior citizen aged 65 or above; and free for children under 3 years old.