- Mini group of only 1 to 6 guests, escorted by your professional English-speaking guide.
- Lowest Price Guarantee: We beat any price of the other tours at the same quality.
- Hike more than 3 hours on the partially restored Jinshanling Great Wall.
- Experience a unique Hutong rickshaw tour to learn the traditional culture of old Beijing.
- Trace the royal life of ancient China in the time-honored imperial garden Summer Palace.
- Enjoy unlimited bottles of drinking water and small local refreshments for free.
- Equipped with free headsets to keep away from the noisy surroundings.
- NO tourist shops, tea ceremony, shopping site restaurants take up your valuable time at attraction sites. Enjoy a pure sightseeing experience.
Day 01: Visit Temple of Heaven, Hutong Alleys, Lama Temple, Summer Palace
8:00 Hotel Pick-up
Welcome to take our 2-day mini group tour in Beijing. In the morning, your guide will pick you up from your hotel at the appointed time. We will contact you one day ahead of the tour to confirm the exact meeting time. If you have any questions about the pick-up issues, please feel free to contact your one-on-one travel consultant who remains at your service.
9:00 Visit Temple of Heaven
First, we will guide you to visit the Temple of Heaven, which is the largest sacrificial building complex in the world. Built in 1420 AD, the Temple of Heaven is the imperial sacrificial altar where to worship the heaven and pray for good harvest in the Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1911 AD). Now, in addition to being an attraction with great historical and cultural values, it has also become a large forest park for the local people to do morning exercise and some recreational activities like playing chess, playing music instruments, practising Tai Chi etc.
Explore the grand architecture at the Temple of Heaven
11:00 Hutong Rickshaw Tour & Free Time for Lunch
Next, we will drive to the old Hutongs to explore the old Beijing by rickshaw. You will go through Qianhai Lake, Yinding Bridge, Yandaixie Street, Houhai Lake and finally pay a visit to a local family to learn about the life of the old Beijingers. After the visit, we will leave you some free time to have lunch on your own. There are many good local restaurants so you can taste the authentic Beijing food here. Surely, your tour guide is ready to offer help.
Experience a rickshaw tour through Hutong alleys
13:30 Visit Lama Temple
After that, we will come to the Lama Temple. At the very beginning it was the residence of Prince Yinzhen who was later the emperor Yongzheng. As another emperor, Qianlong was also born here, it was regarded as a blessed place by people. With yellow tile and red wall, it has the same standard with the Forbidden City. Later in 1744 AD, it was changed to a Buddhist temple, which was the highest standard one in China in the middle and late Qing Dynasty. The magnificent temples and palaces inside will definitely amaze you. You will also find lots of visitors burning joss sticks or lightening red candles here.
15:00 Visit Summer Palace
Then we will drive to visit the Summer Palace, which was a royal garden in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911AD) and now is the largest garden in China. Longevity Hill, Kunming Lake, Seventeen-Arch Bridge and many other sites in Summer Palace are all well-known and worth a visit.
Enjoy the pleasant landscape in the Summer Palace
17:30 Hotel Drop-off
Today's city tour in Beijing ends here and we will drive you back to your hotel. Have a good sleep tonight!
Day 02: Jingshanling Great Wall Hiking
7:00 Hotel Pick-up & Drive to Jingshanling Great Wall
On the 2nd day of the Great Wall hiking tour, we will meet you at your hotel lobby on time and then set out for the Jinshanling Great Wall. It takes about 2.5-3 hours and your guide will give you some brief introduction on the way.
10:00 Hike on the Great Wall from Simatai West to Jingshanling
With Simatai Great Wall to the east and Gubeikou Great Wall to the west, Jinshanling section has been honored as "The Paradise for Shutterbugs". The picturesque scenery is everywhere, and you will enjoy constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views.We will arrive at the west section of Simatai, then hike westward along Jinshanling and finally stop at Shalingkou Pass or Zhuanduokou Pass according to your physical energy. First, we will go up the mountain from the east gate of Jinshanling Great Wall. After around 40 minutes' hiking, we will reach the East Five-Window Tower. You will have a short break here and then keep hiking westward to go through the famous Big Jinshan Tower, Small Jinshan Tower, and Black Tower successively. At last, we will get to the Shalingkou Pass and go down the mountain here. If you still have energy, we could continue to hike for another 30 minutes to Zhuanduokou and go down there.
Our happy guests on the Great Wall
Hiking on the Great Wall is an unique experience of a lifetime
- The hiking from west section of Simatai Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall is moderate for most people. However, it's more suitable for adventurous young and middle-aged travelers as there are also some steep stairs and unrepaired sections. With few tourists and beautiful scenery, Jinshanling can be counted as a paradise for hikers and shutterbugs. If you love outdoor activities, you should not miss it.
14:00 Drive Back & Hotel Drop-off
Your Great Wall walking tour at Jingshanling comes to an end and we will drive you back to the hotel. Hope you have a wonderful tour with us!
- Pick-up & drop-off from the hotel
- Entrance fees as indicated above
- Professional English speaking guide
- Experienced driver & air conditioned vehicle
- Unlimited bottles of drinking water for free
- Meals, advice freely available
- Tips or gratuities for guide and driver
WeChat QR Code
For last minute booking within 24 hours, please feel free to contact us to check the availability or ask questions.+86-18629541315 email@example.com WeChat: 18909182319
- Infant Price: This tour is free of charge for an infant under 3 years old.
- Confirmation: Upon receiving your booking request, confirmation will be sent within 12 hours.
- Payment: Full payment is required at least two days prior to the day trip. We accept payment by PayPal, Credit Card, Alipay, Wechat and Bank Transfer.
- Cancellation: Your payment is fully refundable if you cancel more than 24 hours prior to the trip. Cancellation within 24 hours or any unused portion after the day trip begins is non-refundable.
- Pick-up Service: Beijing is a very large city. To ensure the morning pick-up going smoothly as scheduled, we suggest you choose downtown hotels within the third ring road of the city. If your hotel is outside the area, there might be an extra cost for the transfer, or you may get to the appointed place to meet the group on your own. If you are not sure about the pick-up issues, your one-on-one travel consultant is ready to serve anytime.
- Departures are guaranteed with two persons.
- Guests under the age of 80 can participate in this mini group tour.
Itineraries you may also like: