Year of the Dog
Dog is the eleventh in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac animals. The recent Years of the Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030, 2042...
Dog is men's good friend who can understand the human spirit and obey its master, whether he is wealthy or not. Chinese people regard it as an auspicious animal. If a dog happens to come to a house, it symbolizes the coming of fortune. In Chinese legend, the invincible God Erlang has a loyal dog partner to help him capture monsters.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Xu
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yang
As Chinese zodiac is based on the Chinese lunar calendar, people who born in January or February maybe were not born in the year of the Dog in the lunar calendar. Want to confirm your real zodiac sign? Just check the chart below or fill your birthdays in “Find your Chinese Zodiac”.
Lucky Things for Dogs:Lucky Numbers: 3, 4, 9 Lucky Colors: green, red, purple Lucky Flowers: rose, oncidium, cymbidium orchids Lucky Directions: east, southeast, south
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 6, 7 Unlucky Colors: blue, white, golden Unlucky Direction: north, west
Though being just and honest, Dogs are also very critical and sometimes make a sharp criticism. They are not good at taking the whole picture to consider things, which may lead to misunderstanding and blame their own mistakes on others.
- Strengths: Brave, loyal, responsible, clever, lively
- Weaknesses: Sensitive, conservative, stubborn, emotional
- Dog Men: Men born in the year of the Dog are observant and straightforward. The outgoing characteristics always make them popular among friends and colleagues. However, they may feel sensitive inside and cannot stand any ambiguity. The stubbornness endows them the ability to march forward courageously and never give up easily.
- Dog Women: Women in the year of the Dog are very cautious. It is hard for them to trust anyone easily but they will try their best to help trusted friends. And they care about their families deeply. Sometimes they may be a little sensitive, especially when enraged. But in most time, they care about others’ feelings and are adept at working with people.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Dog' Are You?
Based on 5 basic elements, people born in different years of Dog show diverse traits and horoscope. See what kind of Dogs you are.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Dog||1934, 1994||Honest, reliable, considerate, having a strong feeling for justice.|
|Fire Dog||1946, 2006||Kind-hearted, cautious, working in a down-to-earth way.|
|Earth Dog||1958, 2018||Persistent, meticulously attentive, with good fortune in wealth.|
|Metal Dog||1910, 1970||Conservative, accommodating, strong sense of self-respect.|
|Water Dog||1922, 1982||Foresighted, responsible, but some self-centered.|
- Dog’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: With high self-esteem, they are competitive in work and love the idea of freedom. Outstanding work abilities and good tempers make them achieve a lot.
• Blood Type A: They are faithful and genuine but may not be very eloquent. It makes their popularity among friends but also brings some troubles at work.
• Blood Type B: Persistence and justice are defining characteristics. They always try to achieve success by their own efforts and abhor evils as deadly foes.
• Blood Type AB: With high self-control and prudence in their nature, they always obtain bosses’ recognition but they are prone to be less communicative in life.
- Best Matches: Rabbit
Rabbits have the best love compatibility with Dogs. And Dogs are easily attracted by them as Rabbits are always gentle and considerate. Compared to Dogs, they care more about the details. Dogs and Rabbits just complement each other when they make up a family.
- Bad Matches: Dragon, Sheep, Rooster
Different personalities cause many conflicts in their daily life when dogs get along with Dragons, Sheep, or Roosters. It may be a little hard for them to have smooth communication and share inner true feelings when dating with people of these three signs.
- How to Get along with Dogs
Most Dogs are not good at expressing, which sometimes makes it difficult for others to feel their passion. So if you are too hasty and aggressive, they may not feel so comfortable. Dogs tend to be more thoughtful when being in a relationship so it is suggested to create a romantic environment and carefully arrange your date when getting along with Dogs. Also, remember to be genuine as Dogs hate all the cheats and betrayals.
- Best Jobs: Lawyers, judges, teachers, doctors, civil servants, programmers, advertising planners, bloggers…
However, be careful about flus and pulmonary diseases, especially in autumn and early winter, as they just seem like common colds. Timely medical treatment and regular exercises are necessary. Stresses come from overwork may also cause indisposition. Doing some simple exercises after work like yoga, running, or bikes can boost immunity. Running a short-distance Marathon will also be an ideal option to keep fit and healthy.
- Career: They will meet troubles in career, but new opportunities will appear in the second-half year. Be ready for chances and you will be paid off by the hard work and extra effort.
- Wealth: Be more careful about your investment and avoid high risky financial programs. Though Dogs will spend a lot of money in January, they will see a financial growth in the last two quarters. Remember not to be anyone's guarantor.
- Relationships: Dogs have good luck in relationships in 2020 and have more contact with the opposite sex. You may find your soulmate in some large activities. Don't miss any chance to take the initiative. February and April in the lunar calendar will be the best months for Dogs.
- Education: Dogs may not perform well in the study this year and will meet many problems. To improve the grade, Dogs need extra effort and to be hard-working. Make sure to study hard even during the holidays.
- Health: The busy work of the Rat Year may bring you some small diseases like headaches and disarrange the stomach. Proper diet is important. Also, try to avoid overwork and keep doing exercises.
Donald Trump: June 14, 1946, Fire Dog
Michael Jackson: August 29, 1958, Earth Dog
Madonna: August 16, 1958, Earth Dog
Kim Jong-un: January 8, 1983, Water Dog
Justin Bieber: March 1, 1994, Wood Dog
Will I be able to find a job soon?