Year of the Monkey
Monkey is the ninth in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Monkey include 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028...
The monkey is a clever animal. It is usually compared to a smart person. During the Spring and Autumn Period (770 - 476 BC), the dignified Chinese official title of marquis was pronounced 'Hou', the same as the pronunciation of ‘monkey’ in Chinese. The animal was thereby bestowed with an auspicious meaning.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Shen
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Jin (Metal)
Yin Yang: Yang
Years of the Monkey
Lucky Signs for People Born in Monkey Year:
Lucky Colors: white, gold, blue
Lucky Flowers: chrysanthemum, alliums
Lucky Directions: north, northwest, west
- Unlucky Numbers: 2, 5, 9
- Unlucky Colors: red, black, grey, dark coffee
- Unlucky Direction: east
- Perfect Matches: Ox, Rabbit
They seem like made for each other, having several similarities in personality and life. Both of them can tolerate everything of each other, as long as they have enough space and freedom. Their love lives are full of fun because they have a strong sense of curiosity to get to know each other. Usually, they share common attitudes and opinions about life.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Pig
Holding different values and views, they don’t have many common topics in daily life. It’s difficult for them to communicate with patience and respect. Quarrels and conflicts will bring lots of negative influences to their relationship.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Blood Type O: The honest and frank personality traits help them win high popularity among surrounding people.
- Blood Type A: They are always full of passion towards work and study. Meanwhile, natural talents also enhance their charms.
- Blood Type B: They are good at expressing their own opinions and communicating with others but not stubborn to reject others’ suggestions.
- Blood Type AB: Performing in front of an audience is their favorite thing. They pursue benefit and efficiency but lack patience.
The Five Phases of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water subtly impact on the personality and performance of people with Chinese zodiac sign Monkey.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Monkey||1944, 2004||Holding lofty aspirations, active, responsible in tasks but some workaholic.|
|Fire Monkey||1956, 2016||Smart, passionate, adventurous, business-minded.|
|Earth Monkey||1908, 1968||Earnest and down-to-earth, industrious and frugal.|
|Metal Monkey||1920, 1980||Valiant, decisive, crafty, gifted with confidence and eloquence.|
|Water Monkey||1932, 1992||Having born leadership with great vitality but arrogance.|