Year of the Ox
Ox is the second in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac sign. Years of the Ox include 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033...
Oxen used to be capable farming tools in an agricultural society, which attach to the symbol of diligence, persistence, and honesty. In Chinese culture, Ox is a faithful friend that made great contributions to the development of the society. Like the ox, people born in the Year of the Ox are industrious, cautious, hold their faith firmly, and always glad to offer help.
It is said that Ox ranks the second among the Chinese zodiacs because it helped the Rat but was later tricked by it. The myth goes that the Jade Emperor declared the order of zodiac signs would be based on the arrival orders of 12 animals. Ox could have arrived the first but it kindly gave a ride to Rat. However, when arriving, Rat just jumped to the terminus ahead of Ox, and thus Ox lost the first place
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Chou
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yin
Search it through the “Find Your Chinese Zodiac” or check the birthdays of the following chart, which also tells you what kind of elements you have.
Lucky Things for Oxen:Lucky Numbers: 1, 9 Lucky Colors: red, blue, purple Lucky Flowers: tulip, evergreen, peach blossom Lucky Directions: southeast, south and north
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 3, 4 Unlucky Colors: white, green Unlucky Direction: northwest
They are likely to be self-made and insist that everyone should do their part while not putting up barriers to others' work. Although being a little conservative, Oxen always try to keep just and fair, no matter in life or at work, and never let people down.
- Strengths: Loyal, honest, responsible, hard-working, logical
- Weaknesses: Less-talkative, conservative, stubborn, overcautious
- Ox Men: Most Ox men are mature and have a strong sense of accountability, leaving a deep impression on others. Their good logical thoughts and diligent working make them easily get success in work. However, men with Chinese zodiac Ox sign lack a certain sense of humor and passion in life and sometimes maybe a little assertive and arrogant.
- Ox Women: Women born in the Year of the Ox are diligent and tolerant. They don’t talk too much, just remaining sincere to be a loyal friend. They are also very ethical and don't like to break any rules. But sometimes their stubbornness may cause some conflicts. Ox women are also industrious and thrifty in managing a household, ensuring smooth-running of a home.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Ox' Are You?
The elements, namely Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Metal, all represent different personalities and characters of Oxen. See your types and personality traits in the chart below.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Ox||1925, 1985||Brave, selfless, resourceful, upright and outspoken.|
|Fire Ox||1937, 1997||Clever, versatile, but lack of sympathy.|
|Earth Ox||1949, 2009||Smart, confident, and resolute, a little conservative.|
|Metal Ox||1961, 2021||Busy and active, with good interpersonal relations.|
|Water Ox||1913, 1973||Hardworking and diligent, realistic.|
- Ox’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: At work, they like to face all the problems alone and never ask for help until at the wits' end. Being the most loyal friend, they value friendship and will give a sincere hand to friends in trouble.
• Blood Type A: With a cautious character, their decisions come from a thorough thinking. And they never give up halfway, starting well and ending well, which helps them win the trust.
• Blood Type B: They have a clever mind, thinking about a lot of unusual and brilliant ideas. But they are too shy to express themselves. However, once the talent shows, their performances will be impressive.
• Blood Type AB: Having a strong personality, they are selfless and adhere to principles. Thus, people with blood type AB seldom change their views because of others’ thoughts.
- Best Matches: Rat, Snake, Rooster
The best match of the Ox is the Rat as they can complement with each other, while the Ox and the Snake have the same beliefs and are deeply attracted by each other. The Ox and the Rooster are easy to get along well with each other and find common hobbies so that they can enjoy life together.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Dragon, Horse, Sheep
The Ox should be cautious if meeting partners with zodiacs of Tiger, Dragon, Horse, and Sheep because they may have different values, and quarrels may be frequent in daily life. Different life styles also bring a lot of conflicts.
- How to Get along with Oxen
Most Ox people will give their heart and soul when falling in love with somebody but won't let a relationship come to light until it’s stable, which means their partner should be more patient. They prefer a mature partner and never want to get along with flirtatious people. So sometimes they may choose to wait for a long time to find a soulmate rather than build a relationship quickly. What’s more, the Oxen cherish the family and it is necessary to win recognition of their family members.
- Best Jobs: Lawyer, doctor, teacher, technician, politician, office clerk, consultant...
Thus for Ox men, more outdoor activities are needed and they can play basketball, tennis or soccer with friends to exercise. For Ox women, yoga is recommended to build the body. Also, try to keep a healthy diet.
- Career: The bosses and seniors would show great concern for Ox people in 2022. When encountering big projects, Ox people are advised to behave actively to bring benefits to the company. Even if there is a significant upswing in their career this year, they still shouldn’t rush for success. They must be down-to-earth and diligent all the time. Most of them can get along well with their colleagues. If necessary, they can ask for advice and experience from seniors, which can save them a lot of time and energy.
- Wealth: For people with Ox sign of Chinese zodiac, they could find many golden chances in making wealth as long as maintaining good interpersonal relationships. If they work harder and harder in 2022, the salary would be stable and even increased a lot. In addition, some Ox people can get a lot of money by investing in secure funds and stocks.
- Relationships: For single Ox people, they would have a high possibility to start a sweet love relationship. In front of the people they like, they should take a step forward bravely. Don't be restrained and hesitated. Although it may take a long time to get along with each other, it is beneficial to stabilize their relationship. For married ones, they must firm their hearts when facing temptations and not do things sorry to their partners.
- Education: 2022 is a great year for learning. Meanwhile, it is a good year to lay the foundation for Ox people’s future career. While cultivating effective study habits, it is necessary to have some professional-related lessons to improve their abilities. Establishing phased targets will make the final goals be easily accomplished and enhance their self-confidence.
- Health: Chinese zodiac Ox people won’t have serious body problems based on Ox fortune prediction in 2022. However, they may often feel exhausted because of the increasing work tasks. They can listen to some light music before going to bed to relax themselves. Ox who drive the car should be cautious this year and abide by traffic regulations always.
- Career: In 2023, they may feel it difficult to finish the work tasks on time due to their low work efficiency. This may not only make themselves feel upset, but also cause the dissatisfaction of team members. Do something to change it, like improving themselves in spare time and asking help from workmates.
- Wealth: Do not expect a high salary this year. Instead, they are likely to depend on their sideline or previous investment returns to make a living. If possible, trim the daily expenses to save some for rainy days. Businessmen should develop new markets to maintain the growth rate of the profits.
- Relationships: Be modest in company even if some workmates may be dissatisfied about them, just in order to avoid more annoyances. In term of love, it is not a lucky year. It is advised the singles do not spend much energy in finding a girlfriend or boyfriend and the married or those being dating make efforts to make their love relationship closer.
- Education: They are blessed with good luck in study this year. They may meet some experienced and professional teachers and feel it not hard to acquire new knowledge. But they may not be self-disciplined and often attracted. Those working on their professional certificates will also be luck and there is a great possibility for them to succeed.
- Health: Their health fortune is on a downtrend, so they’d better take more care of themselves. In addition, stay away from possible dangers to avoid getting hurt.
Margaret Thatcher (British Prime Minister): October 13, 1925, Wood Ox
Diana Spencer (Princess of Wales): July 1, 1961, Metal Ox
Barack Obama (44th US President): August 4, 1961, Metal Ox
Bruno Mars (Singer): October 8, 1985, Wood Ox