Year of the Snake
Snake is the sixth in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. The Years of the Snake include 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025, 2037...
Snake carries the meanings of malevolence, cattiness and mystery, as well as acumen and divination. In some places, people believe that a Snake found in their court can bring delight. However, in most cases, this animal is considered evil, which scares people from the bottom of the heart. There are some idioms in China indicating the danger of this animal, for example, once bitten by the Snake twice shy of ten years.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Si
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Huo (Fire)
Yin Yang: Yin
Years of the Snake
Lucky Signs for People Born in Snake Year:
Lucky Colors: red, light yellow, black
Lucky Flowers: orchid, cactus
Lucky Directions: northeast, southwest, south
- Unlucky Numbers: 1, 6, 7
- Unlucky Colors: white, gold, brown
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
- Best Matches: Dragon, Rooster
Their relationship develops through lasting attraction between each other. Both of them like to cooperate to make life better. They both are good at associating, and enjoy a high reputation in life circus. They can form a cozy and harmonious family.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Sheep, Pig
They are suspicious and silent. When misunderstanding occurs, they lack effective communication and they stick on the disagreement, which give rise to more conflicts.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Blood Type O: They are skilled in managing relationship with others, but people can seldom get their inner side. They usually hold a doubtful attitude towards most things.
- Blood Type A: They are persistent in fulfilling goals, cautious to make every detailed plan to accomplish something. They also love revenge.
- Blood Type B: With brilliant wit, they would rather stay closer to nature world than being with friends. They are lovers of solitude.
- Blood Type AB: They are creative, good at inventions. People will feel relaxing with them, and they are willing to give enlightenment to others.
Different years of birth indicate different elements that people belong to, and also corresponding personality and fate. See your own description from the following five types of Snakes.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Snake||1905, 1965||Neat and precise, gifted with exceptional taste.|
|Fire Snake||1917, 1977||Intelligent, insightful, quick-minded, good at socializing.|
|Earth Snake||1929, 1989||Quick-witted, loyal to friends, sensitive, jealous.|
|Metal Snake||1941, 2001||Inborn willpower and courage, with strong egocentricity.|
|Water Snake||1953, 2013||Active, nimble, adventurous; creative with artistic talent.|