Year of the Tiger
2022 is the Year of the Tiger according to Chinese zodiac. This is a Year of Water Tiger, starting from the 2022 Chinese New Year on Feb. 1 and lasting to 2023 Lunar New Year’s Eve on Jan. 21. The Tiger ranks third in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Tiger include 1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034...
Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful, and terrifying, are the symbol of power and lordliness in Chinese culture. In ancient times, people usually compared emperors or kings with the tigers. Tigers are also considered as a patron deity for children and parents will prepare the shoes and hats with tiger designs for their babies.
The Chinese zodiac Tiger sign entitles people born in the Years of the Tiger to be natural leaders. They are adventurous, ambitious and have a strong sense of justice, but maybe also a little arrogant and impetuous.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Yin
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yang
You can also search the result by using the “Find Your Chinese Zodiac”.
Lucky Things for Tigers:Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 4 Lucky Colors: grey, blue, white, orange Lucky Flowers: cineraria, anthurium Lucky Directions: south, east, southeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 6, 7, 8 Unlucky Colors: gold, silver, brown, black Unlucky Direction: northwest
Tigers are such persons who dare to love and hate. If a friend does something wrong, they may point it out directly. The daring also makes them rebellious, stubborn and arbitrary in life, and thus it is not easy for them to take others’ advice.
- Strengths: Brave, passionate, optimistic, love challenges and adventures
- Weaknesses: Rebellious, overconfident, stubborn, emotional
- Tiger Men: Most of the Tiger men are optimistic and ambitious at work. They are not satisfied with the status quo and strive for excellence. Even encountering difficulties, the Tigers will not give up easily and just go forward. Besides, they never break promises once giving their words.
- Tiger Women: Tiger women are good at taking care of family members. They are loved by children and can always get along well with them by playing games and telling stories. They also enjoy life and you may find them in various parties and outdoor activities. Rather than keeping alone, they prefer to stay with people.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Tiger' Are You?
Tigers present different personalities and character traits according to various elements. In Chinese culture, all the things are composed of the Five Elements including Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. See the following chart to find your type.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Tiger||1914, 1974||Just, sympathetic, willing to help the weak, but rejecting others' command.|
|Fire Tiger||1926, 1986||Optimistic, effective at execution, independent, and courageous.|
|Earth Tiger||1938, 1998||Hardworking, practical, rich in enterprising spirit.|
|Metal Tiger||1950, 2010||Active, ambitious, loving freedom, caring much for family.|
|Water Tiger||1962, 2022||Confident, curious, high learning potential; possibly with high self-esteem.|
- Tiger’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: Tigers with blood type O are warm-hearted and develop a good sense of justice. They are never afraid of failures and can always hold their own.
• Blood Type A: For those with blood type A, they may have completely contrary characteristics at the same time, sometimes active and progressive, but sometimes shy and conservative.
• Blood Type B: They love making friends and are specializing in social interactions. However, the overemotional personality sometimes makes them lack of planning.
• Blood Type AB: They are positive and confident, good at convincing others, which helps to get great success at work. But it may be a bit hard for them to follow through.
- Best Matches: Dragon, Horse, Pig
The Dragon, Horse, and Pig are bound to the Tiger’s partners because of their complementary characteristic traits. They have the same goals and beliefs in life, easily being attracted by each other. When meeting difficulties, they will also get timely support from their partners.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Tiger, Snake, Monkey
When choosing a partner, it is better for the Tiger to avoid the Ox, Tiger, and Snake as it is hard for them to be attuned to the Tiger’s feelings. What’s more, they seldom compromise in a relationship with the Tigers, which results in endless quarrels.
- How to Build Relationship with Tigers
Good news to people who want to build a love relationship with the Tigers is that they cast doubt on the soul mate theory and don’t believe there is someone definitely compatible with them, which means everyone can have a chance to touch the Tiger’s heart. The Tiger always looks strong and pride but they do have a soft heart. When getting along with the Tiger, more patience and understanding are needed and they care about some details.
- Best Jobs: Politician, economist, adventurer, banker, doctor, police officer, lawyer...
Also, long-term stress may cause some disorders. It is advised to take regular exercise and keep a balanced diet as most of the Tigers have a dietary preference for sweet foods. Change to a healthier diet and take in more high-fiber fruits and vegetables.
- Career: 2021 will be a good time to expand businesses or start their own businesses for the Tigers. Keep a vigilant eye on somebody lack of moral character. They are also likely to be promoted for their excellent abilities at work.
- Wealth: Tiger people do not need to worry about their wealth in 2021. They should make savings and never put their eggs in one basket. Some low-risks funds and investments are recommended.
- Relationships: The possibility for single Tigers to establish a harmonious love relationship will be high this year. Those who have made up a family are happy and smooth.
- Education: There will be more exams this year. Careful preparations for the exam will surely achieve ideal results. When they feel stressed, parents should give more company and support.
- Health: It is important for People with Tiger sign of Chinese zodiac to have a positive attitude towards life and take exercises regularly in 2021 because they are vulnerable to diseases.
Marilyn Monroe (Actress): June 1, 1926, Fire Tiger
Tom Cruise (Actor): July 3, 1962, Water Tiger
Lady Gaga (Singer): March 28, 1986, Fire Tiger
Shawn Mendes (Singer): August 8, 1998, Earth Tiger
31/3/86 time 14.45 pm
Thank you for your time and wishing you a wonderful 2021.
Ps Jeff, you have such wise words would greatly appreciate your thoughts.