- 1 Day Tours
- Beijing 2 Day Tour
- 3 Days Sightseeing
- 4 Days Best Beijing
- 5 Days with Hutong
- 1 Week Beijing Xian
- 1 Week Beijing Shanghai
- 1 Day Tours to Xian Terracotta Warriors
2 Days Independent Beijing to Qinhuangdao Tour
Afterwards, go to Beidaihe Scenic Area by public transportation or taxi. You may choose to accommodate near the Dove Nest Park. In the evening, you can go to the beach or enjoy a delicious feast at the seafood stall.
First Pass under Heaven: Shanhaiguan Great Wall is renowned as the First Pass under Heaven because before 1990 it was regarded as the first pass in the east of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644). Connecting with the Great Wall, this pass is a small ancient city with a perimeter of 4 kilometers (2.5 miles). The main architecture is the Zhendong Tower in the east. The famous board with the Chinese characters "Tian Xia Di Yi Guan" is hanging under the eaves. Standing on the second floor, visitors are able to enjoy a whole view of this historical city. Around the tower are the Linlu Tower, Muying Tower, Jingbian Tower, Shanghaiguan Great Wall Museum, etc. If you want to have a deep understanding of the history, structure and other basic facts of the Great Wall, pay a visit to the museum.
Laolongtou Great Wall: Located 5 kilometers (3 miles) south to Shanhaiguan Great Wall, Laolongtou, also called Old Dragon's Head, looks like a dragon which drinks water from the sea. It is the only sea and land military defense system of the Great Wall, integrating the mountain, the sea, a pass, and an ancient city. It is composed of the Seaside Stone City, Sea God Temple, Jinglu Watchtower, Nanhaikou Pass, Chenghai Pavilion, Ninghai City, and Seaside Great Wall. Henghai Pavilion is the commanding height of the scenic area, thus the best place to watch the sea scenery. In the pavilion is an exhibition of the cultural relics unearthed there and the poems by national leaders. Ninghai City displays the style and features of the fortress in the Ming Dynasty.
· If you want more time for the Qinhuangdao tour from Beijing, there are also another two earlier trains from Beijing to Shanhaiguan. One departs at 06:39 and arrives at 09:19, while the other travels from 06:55 to 09:46.
· It is suggested to travel with a light package in the 2 days Beijing to Qinhuangdao tour. If you have some inconvenient luggage to take, you can deposit it in Shanhaiguan Railway Station when arriving and get it back after the tour.
· If taking bus from Laolongtou or the train station to Dove Nest Park, it needs a transfer and takes about 2.5 hours. If you go by taxi, you will spend about 1 hour and CNY 100.
Dove Nest Park: Dove Nest Park is one of the four main scenic spots in Beidaihe Scenic Area. The most attractive scenery should be the splendid sunrise from the sea and the thousands of various migratory birds in spring and autumn. The park also feeds more than 600 pigeons, so tourists can play and take photos with them. If you want to sail on the sea, the cruise port provides boats. In the scenic area, you can appreciate the traditional Eagle Horn Pavilion with glazed roof, the elegant seaside corridor with mural paintings themed on the Beidaihe Scenic Area, and the solemn statue of Chairman Mao.
Tiger Stone Park: Located in the center of Beidaihe Scenic Area, Tiger Stone Park is named after the huge stones on the beach like tigers. With soft sand, clear water and wide beach, it is the best place for enjoying a sunbath or sand bath and playing with water. Also, tourists can try motorboats, sail boarding and surf boarding. For kids, there is a children's playground for them to make sand sculptures and draw sand paintings. In the west of the park lies a small wharf where travelers can take tourism boats or go fishing.
· The most suitable travel time to Beidaihe Scenic Area is from May to October. If you are going to swim in the sea, August and September are the best time.
· Spring and autumn (March, April, May, September and October) are the seasons for watching the migratory birds and enjoying seafood.
· With temperate marine climate, Beidaihe Scenic Area is neither too hot in summer nor freezing cold in winter. The weather in summer is cool so a T-shirt is enough, but remember to protect yourself from the sun burn. Adding a thin coat is necessary if you take a walk along the seaside at night. From December to February the next year, it is relatively cold with an average low temperature of -6 ℃ (21 ℉) and the high temperature of 2 ℃ (35.6 ℉). It is necessary to wear the down jacket and sweater to keep warm.
· Trains from Beidaihe to Beijing for Your Reference:
More Independent Beijing 2 Days Tours:
Jinshanling Great Wall: set out an exciting hiking on well-perserved Jinshanling Great Wall
Huanghuacheng Great Wall: enjoy the unique landscape of "the Great Wall in water"
Beijing Independent Travel: visit Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Badaling Great Wall