How to Book?
  • Inquiry
  • Get a quote
  • Free changes
  • Payment
  • Confirmation

Beijing Layover Tours

The 144-hour visa-free transit has been carried out in Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei since Dec. 28, 2017. It enables more people to take a layover tour in Beijing and its surrounding areas for up to 6 days. We have specially designed some hassle-free trip options to make your Beijing layover tour planning much easier.

What can I do during my visa-free transit in Beijing?

3 to 4 Days Layover in Beijing

Tailor Your Beijing Private Tour

How to Apply for 144-hour Visa-Free Transit?

FAQs on Visa-free Transit

My flight lands in Beijing at 08:00 from New York, and I'll connect a flight to Osaka at 19:00 later that day. Am I able to do your one day layover tour?

Yes, we can customize a layover tour for you according to your schedule. You will have enough time to visit the Great Wall of Beijing during the period.

Can I visit Xian from Beijing during my 144-hour layover?

Sorry. Tourists can move around Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei freely within 144-hour visa-free transit. Visa is needed if you travel from Beijing to Xian.

I will fly from Los Angeles to Beijing and then fly back to New York. May I use the visa-free transit?

Sorry. The place of departure and destination should not be in the same country or region. If you fly from Los Angeles to a third country or region such as Bangkok, Hong Kong, Macau and so on via Beijing, then you qualify for this policy.

What documents are required to apply for the free visa at the airport?

To apply for the free visa, you need to present your valid passport, visa for a third country or region if required, a full completed Arrival and Departure Card and an onward ticket with confirmed seat to the staff at the Transit Service Counter.

I will transit in Beijing on my way to Bangkok. However, I do not need a Thai visa according to the regulations, so I cannot present a visa for a third country or region. Am I still able to apply for the visa-free transit?

Yes, you can still apply for the transit permit in Beijing without a visa for the third country or region if you meet its visa exemption requirements.

I will arrive in Tianjin by an international cruise ship. Can I enjoy the 144-hour visa exemption?

Yes, Tianjin International Cruise Terminal is one of the ports that travelers can apply for the 144-hour visa-free transit. If the departure place and the terminal are not in the same country or region, clients can choose to arrive and depart by cruise, arrive by cruise and depart by flight, or arrive by flight and depart by cruise.

I will take a connecting flight from Detroit to Beijing via Hong Kong, and I will not go out of Hong Kong airport during the stopover. After visiting Beijing for 3 days, I'll fly to Hong Kong. Can I apply for the visa-free transit?

Sorry, your situation is not compliant with the visa-free transit policy since your arrival flight actually comes from Hong Kong. The place of departure and destination should not be in the same region or country. If you fly from Detroit directly to Beijing, and then visit Hong Kong later, you apply to this policy.
Questions & Answers
Asked by RP from USA | Jan. 14, 2019 12:53Reply
I have a 12 hour layover in Beijing? Am I eligible for visa free transit?
Hello-I'm traveling from New York to Thailand and will have a 12 hour layover in Beijing. Am I eligible for a visa free transit? If so, are there any costs associated? On the way back, I leave from Thailand have a 6 hour stop in Beijing then back to New York.
Answers (1)
Answered by Jorge from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 14, 2019 17:01

As I know, you are eligible for 24-hour visa-free transit and can apply for the visa exemption when you arrive at Beijing airport. Besides, there is free charge for 24-hour transit visa exemption.
Asked by Rowena Johnson from USA` | Jan. 11, 2019 15:17Reply
Is my trip eligible 144-hours Visa Free Transit
My flight lands in Beijing on May 1 at 04:10 a.m. from New York, and I'll fly out to Manila on May 3 at 6:55 p.m. Is my trip eligible for 144-hours Visa Free transit and could take advantage the layover tour?
Answers (1)
Answered by Kathy from USA | Jan. 13, 2019 17:40

As I know, you are eligible for the 144-hour visa free transit and can apply for the permit at Beijing airport. And you can take a Beijing layover tour during that time.
Asked by John from USA | Jan. 08, 2019 19:45Reply
Have 22 hour layover in Beijing
I am looking to book a trip to Manila my out board flight is Newark to Beijing to Manila with a 1 he 15 min layover and will just transfer. On my return I fly Manila to Beijing to Newark with 22hr 25min layover in Beijing. Will I be able to visit city and get back into airport? And do I need to apply for this or pay extra to leave and return?
Answers (1)
Answered by Joanna | Jan. 10, 2019 16:11

On your return flight from Manila to Newark, you can apply for a 24-hour visa-free transit when you arrive at Beijing Capital International Airport. And as I know, there is no charge for transit visa exemption.
Asked by Ranjit from CANADA | Jan. 02, 2019 08:46Reply
Layover Beijing from 6pm to next day 4pm 20 hours
Traveling from Canada to Malaysia. Going to have 24h transit visa in Beijing. Staying in Beijing Aulympic Airport hotel from 6pm to 2.30pm the next day.Would like to visit night life in Beijing the day I arrived and possible next day early morning visit Great Wall of China.Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Joanna | Jan. 02, 2019 17:02

I kindly suggest you take a half day private tour or charter a private car to visit Mutianyu Great Wall in the second half day. To save more time, you can also take the round trip cable car on the Great Wall. Generally, the opening time of Mutianyu Great Wall is 8:30 am. So you may get to the Great Wall at 8:30 am and leave the Great Wall before 11am to allow adequate time to board the second flight.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)