- No Shopping Arrangement
- A Maximum of 6 Travelers
- Expert Guide and Driver
- One-on-one Customer Service
- Departures with even one person
One Day Mini Group Tour to Longji Rice Terraced Fields and Minority Villages No Shopping, Max. 6 persons
- A spectacular view of the Longji Rice Terraced Fields
- Meet local ethnic minority people
8:00-10:30 Hotel Pick-up & Drive to Longji Zhuang VillageNo matter you stay in Guilin or Yangshuo, your guide will pick you up on time from your hotel. Generally, for group members staying in Guilin, the pick-up time is around 08:00 and the drive lasts about 2 hours; for those in Yangshuo, it's 07:00 and 2.5 hours respectively. Your guide will contact you one day in advance before 21:00 (9:00 PM) to confirm the exact pick-up time.
After meeting all the group members at the Longji Zhuang Village, your guide will take you to start this Longji Rice Terraces group tour.
Zhuang minority people
Zhuang minority village
10:30-12:00 Visit Longji Zhuang VillageLongji Terraces, also known as the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces, have a long history of around 2,000 years. They stretch over a region that covers six ancient minority villages.
This sightseeing tour will start from the ancient Zhuang Village. After hiking for around 15 minutes from the entrance, we will arrive at an old house which has a history of about one hundred years. Here you will can get to know the Zhuang's distinctive ethnic culture and visit their unique wooden stilt houses.
Next, we will take a sightseeing car to the hillside and then hike to the Slender Ditch at the top of the mountain where you will have a full view of the Longji Zhuang Village terraces.
12:00-13:00 Hike from Longji Zhuang Village to Ping'an VillageAfter another one-hour hike, we will reach the famous Ping'an Village, the other destination for you to learn about customs of the Zhuang minority.
13:00-14:00 Lunch of Bamboo Rice at a Local FarmhouseLunch will be served at a local farmhouse to taste authentic family dishes, among which the bamboo rice is the most characteristic one.
Our clients at Longji Terraced Fields
Long Hair Yao Ethnic Minority
14:00-15:00 Sightsee from the "Seven Stars with the Moon" Viewing PointAfter lunch, we will continue our Longji Rice Terraces group tour to the "Seven Stars with the Moon", a viewing point offering the best scenery of the Ping'an Zhuang Village Terraces. There you can see seven hillocks resembling seven stars surrounding a large paddy field which is like a moon glowing silver in the sun.
Next, you will be accompanied to communicate with the Yao minority villagers to learn about their distinctive clothes and culture. Here, all the Yao women wear extremely long hair as they believe the long hair will bring them longevity, wealth and good luck. Therefore, they only get their hair cut once in a lifetime, which has been a tradition passed down for generations.
15:00-16:00 Sightsee from the "Nine Dragons & Five Tigers" Viewing PointWe will then continue to hike for about 30 minutes to the Nine Dragons & Five Tigers Viewing Point, which provides the most magnificent view of the Longji Terraces Scenic Area. There you can see nine ridges like nine dragons stretching out to the horizon alongside five hillocks resembling five tigers guarding this place. The terraces are like ribbons coiling around the hills from the bottom to the top.
Admire the beautiful scenery of the terraced fields dotted with wooden stilt houses
16:00-18:00 Drive Back to Guilin or YangshuoAfter having a great time at the Nine Dragons & Five Tigers Viewing Point, we will take a sightseeing car downhill to the parking lot and then get on our private vehicle for a ride back to your hotel in Guilin or Yangshuo. This Longsheng Rice Terraces tour will end at this point. Thank you for traveling with us!
Tour Price (US$ Per Person)
|Adult(>11 years old)||$115|
|Child(2-11 years old)||$105|
Note: If you start the tour from Yangshuo, the price will be $10 per person higher.
- Pick-up & drop-off from the hotel in Guilin or Yangshuo
- Bamboo rice lunch at a local family restaurant
- Entrance fees as indicated above
- Professional English speaking guide
- Experienced driver & air conditioned vehicle
- Free mineral water is provided
- Personal expenses
What makes this tour different?
- Visit the two minority villages - the Longji Village and the Ping'an Village, and have an all-round view of the Longji Terraces at three viewing points.
- Taste authentic local dish, the Bamboo Rice.
- Chat with women of Yao minority who wear extremely long hair, to gain a better understanding of their minority culture.
- Free pick-up and see-off from Guilin or Yangshuo, ensuring a hassle-free trip.
- Maximum 6 persons in a group.
- Pick-up Service: The hotel pick-up and drop-off will be in downtown Guilin and Yangshuo. Most of the major hotels are located within the pick-up range, like the Sheraton Hotel, Shangri-La Hotel, Li River Waterfall Hotel, Guilin Bravo Hotel in Guilin, and the Green Lotus Hotel and most Boutique hotels in Yangshuo. For further distance, we suggest you take a taxi to the appointed hotel and your tour guide will discuss with you about it the day before the trip.
- Infant Price: for an infant under 2 years old, this tour is free of charge.
- Confirmation: Upon receiving your booking request, confirmation will be sent within 24 hours. We guarantee departures even with 1 person.
- Payment: Full payment is required at least two days prior to the day trip. We accept payment by PayPal, Credit Card, Alipay, Wechat and Bank Transfer.
- Cancellation: Free cancellation for up to 7 days in advance of the day trip; for cancellations 4 to 7 days before the trip there is a 10% cancellation fee. There is no refund if you cancel within 3 days of the trip. Once the day trip begins, any unused portion is non-refundable.
Itineraries you may also like: