- Mini group of 1 to 6 guests; guarantee the most attentive tour service to you!
- Visit the water town in the morning to avoid the peak time.
- Take a traditional sculling boat to tour around the town from a different perspective.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water with unlimited supplies.
- No commissioned-based shopping stops and detours.
8:00 - 9:00 Hotel Pick-up
In the morning, your professional guide will wait for you at your hotel lobby. You will be informed of the meeting time no later than 20:00 the night before. After picking you up, your Shanghai half day tour to Zhujiajiao will start.
9:00 - 12:00 Drive to Visit Zhujiajiao Water Town
We will set off in the morning to avoid the peak time and enjoy the peace of the water town. Generally, it takes about one hour to drive there. The town has a history of more than 1,700 years, with unique old bridges, flowing rivers, as well as traditional residential houses with courtyards. You will get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city and completely relax yourself here.
Avoid the crowds and enjoy a tranquil water town in the morning
Explore the local residential area in the old town
There are three places in the water town that worth your visit: the Kezhi Garden, the Qing Dynasty Post Office and the Fangsheng Bridge. Your tour guide will accompany you to visit them one by one.
- The Kezhi Garden, built in 1912, contains various pavilions and halls, lotus pond, stele corridors, bridge of nine turnings and different kinds of plants. Besides, the stele corridor is inlaid with calligraphic inscriptions of the Ming dynasty literati, which has high artistic values.
- In the Qing Dynasty Post Office, you can see the precious old postcards and letters in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911 AD). There is also a post box with a carved dragon which is still in use today.
- The Fangsheng Bridge, built in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644 AD), is the largest and longest stone arch bridge in Shanghai with five arches.
- You will take a local featured wooden boat from outside of the Kezhi Garden and go ashore at the North Street. The left time is free for you to wander around the ancient streets where you will have an opportunity to get in close touch with the local people and their life.
Sightsee the town by taking a featured sculling wooden boat
12:00 - 13:00 Free Time for Lunch in Zhujiajiao
Today's lunch is by your own arrangement. You can choose the restaurant and food according to your own taste and your guide is glad to assist. There are many food choices in the town from local snacks to fine dishes and the prices are quite fair.
Our happy guest with her guide
13:00 Drive Back to Downtown Shanghai
We will drive back to Shanghai after lunch. Since it is a join-in group tour, we will stop at the Yu Garden subway station, where you will get off the vehicle and return to the hotel by yourself. Your guide will offer you directions according to your hotel location. Or, if you are interested in the old street near the Yu Garden, you can also explore it at your own leisurely pace. This Shanghai half day tour will end here. Thank you for traveling with us!
Tour Price (US$ Per Person)
|Adult(>11 years old)||$109|
|Child(3-11 years old)||$99|
- Pick-up from the hotel
- Entrance fees as indicated above
- Professional English speaking guide
- Experienced driver & air conditioned vehicle
- Unlimited bottles of drinking water for free
- Meals, advice freely available
- Tips or gratuities for guide and driver
- Drop-off at the hotel
WeChat QR Code
For last minute booking within 24 hours, please feel free to contact us to check the availability or ask questions.+86-18629541315 email@example.com WeChat: 18909182319
- Pick-up Service: Shanghai is a large city. To make sure the morning pick-ups run smoothly, we recommend you stay at a hotel in the downtown area, within the Middle Ring Road of the city. There might be an additional transfer fee if your hotel is beyond the pick-up range. If you are not sure about the pick-up issues, your travel consultant is ready to help.
- Infant Price: for an infant under 3 years old, this tour is free of charge.
- Confirmation: Upon receiving your booking request, confirmation will be sent within 12 hours.
- Payment: Full payment is required at least two days prior to the day trip. We accept payment by PayPal, Credit Card, Alipay, Wechat and Bank Transfer.
- Cancellation: Your payment is fully refundable if you cancel more than 24 hours prior to the trip. Cancellation within 24 hours or any unused portion after the day trip begins is non-refundable.
- Departures are guaranteed with two persons.
- Guests under the age of 80 can participate in this mini group tour.
Itineraries you may also like: