Embassy of the Commonwealth of Australia in Beijing
Ambassador: H.E.Dr. Geoffrey William Raby
Address: No.21, Dongzhimenwai Dajie, San Li Tun, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Fax: +86-10- 51404204
Office Hours: 08:30-16:51 (Mon.-Fri. except public holidays)
Services for Australians in China
Tel for Emergencies: (+86)10 5140 4111
Office Hours: 08:30-12:30, 13:30-17:00 (Mon.-Fri. except public holidays)
1. In case of emergencies after working hours, please call the telephone and follow the recorded instructions.
2. If Australians need help or advice, they can visit the consular office of the embassy or consulate nearest to them during the office hours without an appointment.
Assistance that Consular Officials can provide for Australians in China
1. Issue emergent passports with a limited validity or travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.
2. Provide help when something urgent has come up, such as natural disasters, civil disorder, an accident, serious illness or death.
3. Notify your kin when you have an accident in China.
4. Provide the latest travel advice.
5. Offer limited financial assistance in real emergencies, which is a small repayable loan. 6. Provide a list of lawyers and make visits to prison if you are arrested in China.
7. Witness and certify signatures.
If passport is lost or stolen in China , what they can do?
1. Report the loss of passport as soon as possible to the Embassy or Consulates in Guangzhou and Shanghai.
2. Get an official Lost Passport Report from the Police Station nearest to you.
3. Immediately apply for a new Australian passport to replace the lost one. They are required to provide a filled-in Application for an Australian Passport Overseas Form (PC8) with two standard passport photos, and submit the application during 8:30 am-12:00 noon, 1:30 pm-4:30 pm in working days. The passport fees are changeable on a monthly basis and only Chinese RMB is acceptable.
Consular Districts of the Embassy in Beijing:
Municipalities of Beijing, Chongqing, Tianjin; Autonomous Regions of Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia and Tibet; Provinces of Yunnan, Shandong, Sichuan, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Qinghai, Liaoning, Jilin, Henan, Heilongjiang, Hebei, Guizhou and Gansu.
Consulate General of the Commonwealth of Australia in Guangzhou
Consul-General Name: Mr. Sean Kelly
Address: 12/F, Development Centre, No. 3 Linjiang Road, Zhujiang New City
Postal Code: 510623
Tel: (+86)20 3814 0111
Fax: (+86)20 3814 0112
Office Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 (Mon.- Fri.)
Consular Regions: Fujian Province, Guangdong Province, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Hainan Province, Hunan Province
Public Holidays during 2015:
|January 1||Thursday||New Year's Day|
|February 19 - 23||Thursday - Monday||Spring Festival|
|April 3||Friday||Good Friday|
|April 6||Monday||Easter Monday|
|May 1||Friday||International Labor Day|
|September 28||Monday||Mid-Autumn Festival|
|October 1 - 5||Thursday - Monday||Chinese National Day|
|December 24||Thursday||Special Leave of the DFAT|
|December 28||Monday||Boxing Day|
Consulate General of the Commonwealth of Australia in Shanghai
Consul-General Name: Mr. Tom Connor
Address: Level 22, CITIC Square, No.1168 Nanjing West Road, Shanghai
Postal Code: 200041
Tel: (+86)21 5292 5500;
Fax: (+86)21 5292 5511
Consular Regions: Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province, Anhui Province, Jiangxi Province and Hubei Province
Please contact China Embassy in Australia if Australians will go to China.