Consul-General: Ms.Tan Xiutian
Address: 106 Hansons Lane, Upper Riccartion, Christchurch 8041
Mailing Address: PO Box 6054, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch, 8442
Office Hours: O9:00--12:00 & 14:00--17:00, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Tel: Consular section: 0064-3-3433650
Consular Protection & Assistance: 0064-21-1767288
Office hours: 09:00 - 12:00 (application submission and collection), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Consular District: Tasman, Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, Canterbury, Otago, Southland
Important Notice for Application:
The Consulate General currently only process applications for New Zealand citizen who will travel with New Zealand passport. Non-New Zealand passport holders need to submit their applications to the Embassy in Wellington.
Important Notice for the Processing Time:
1. Most applications are processed within 5 working days from the next working day after application submission. Applications are assessed individually, so the actual processing time may vary. Applicants are not able to check the status until their application has been completed. It is recommended to apply one month prior to the trip.
2. Urgent process is NOT available for applications by post or courier. Urgent applications must be submitted in person to the Consulate General. And it is only available if the consular officer agrees at time the application is submitted and additional fee applies. Documents of outward travel, such as a fully paid return ticket and hotel reservation may be required.
Important Notice for Mailing Application:
1. All applications sent directly by courier or mail to the Consulate General should be addressed to:
Consular Office, Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Christchurch
106 Hansons Lane, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch 8041
2. Mail handling service fee is $15. The handling service fee is NOT postage for returning passport, applicants are still required to provide a prepaid self-addressed courier pack/envelope for returning passport. Please retain a copy of the courier tracking reference number for further checking.
3. The 5 working days regular processing does NOT include delivery time.
4. Only one handling service fee is required if you have included more than one applicant in the same pack.
5. DO NOT include any cash with applications in the pack. Personal cheque and Company Cheque are unacceptable as well. The consulate only accepts Bank Cheque and Money Order payable to "Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Christchurch". Applicants should write down their name and contact details on the back of the cheque.
6. EFTPOS, Credit Card are also acceptable as means of payment. But they can only be processed at the counter of the Consulate General.