(How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China
Consul General: Mr. Sun Guoxiang
Address: 520 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10036, USA
Tel: +1-212-2449392, 2449456
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Tel: +1-212-8682078 (Manned Service between 09:30-12:00, 13:00-15:30 on working days)
Office Hours: 09:00-14:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Services Provided by Consular Office
1. Issue Chinese visa (including Visa/Entry Permit to Hong Kong and Macau).
2. Issue Passport and Travel Document to Chinese (including Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan).
3. Notarize documents for Chinese citizens.
4. Authenticate documents.
Consular Districts: Connecticut, Maine, Ohio, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
Tips for Applicants (Avoid the Crowd and Long Line)
Generally speaking, the applicants are less from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., and on Wednesdays and Thursdays. There are many applicants in all afternoons, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and the first two days after the public holidays.
Instructions for Application
1. Make a good preparation for the required documents (No Need to make an appointment).
2. For a group application with more than 10 passports, the representative should submit application before 12:00.
3. For individual application, please put application form and all other documents into a blank page of passport.
4. Please make sure check carefully when pick up your visa at the consular office, and contact the officers immediately if there is any mistake.
2013 Holiday Schedule of the Consulate in New York
|New Year's Day||January 1||Tuesday|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||January 21||Monday|
|Spring Festival||February 11 - 13||Monday - Wednesday|
|International Labor Day||May 1||Wednesday|
|Memorial Day||May 27||Monday|
|Independence Day||July 4||Thursday|
|Labor Day||September 2||Monday|
|Chinese National Day||September 30 - October 2||Monday - Wednesday|
|Columbus Day||October 14||Monday|
|Veterans Day||November 11||Monday|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 28, 29||Thursday & Friday|
|Christmas Day||December 25||Wednesday|
Map of the Consulate in New York
1. Bus No. M42 can reach the Consulate-General directly.
2. Many subway lines stop at 42nd Street,
6th Avenue: B, D, F.