Shanghai Wild Animal Park
Covering an area of 153 hectares, the zoo is the home of over 200 kinds of animals from all over the world including rare animals and animals under the state special protection. The zoo can be divided into a walking area where you travel on foot and a bus-riding area where you take a bus to enjoy close contact with the wild animals. There are five main sections: animal performing hall and areas for wild beasts, herbivores, penned animals and other animals.
Walking into the animal performing hall, you are welcomed by all the lovely animal actors. Elephants, dogs, sheep, bears, tigers, lions, monkeys and parrots are eager to present a colorful performance. All of them have superior skills and cooperate well with each other. They are praised as the top animal actors and some are even the animal stars. During the recent National Holiday, the zoo personnel held a wedding ceremony for a bear couple and many animals were invited to join in. Visitors witnessed this happy moment and sent their best wishes to the new couple. The dog racing course is the venue for animals that are good at running or galloping. Dogs, camels, ostriches and Mongolian horses are the selected competitors. Who will win? Let's wait and see.
Take a tourist bus and the unforgettable experience of close contact with wild animals begins. Giraffes are leisurely eating leaves. Greedy bears always beg for food around your bus. The zoo feeds tigers and lions with living animals to help them retain their wild survival instincts. Sometimes they are taking a nap, but when the prey comes into their sight, they will show you the prestige and power of the jungle king. Under the safety guarantee, visitors are allowed to feed and take a photo with animals such as giraffes and elephants. This is face-to-face contact in the truest sense.
In order to make sure every tourist has an enjoyable visit, the zoo has established extra facilities. A Ferris wheel allows you to take a bird's eye view of the whole zoo and an electric power cart will carry you on your trip if you feel tired. The outdoor play equipment is dreamland for children. If you are hungry, the local restaurants such as Shangye Restaurant, Guanhe Hotel and Changqing Hotel will serve you delicious meals to satisfy any appetite. Choose something in the souvenir shops and make a grandiose ending to your memorable trip!
Animal Show Time:
1. Animal's Welcoming Performance: 09:00 - 10:00 at the square inside the main gate of the Wild Animal Park
2. Sea Lion Show: 10:00, 15:15 at Sea Lion Hall
3. Large Square Show: 13:00 at animal performing hall
4. Show of Lions and Tigers: 11:00 at Animal Traning Ground
5. Horse and Dog Racing: 14:15 at Dog Racing Circus.
6. Tiger Hunting Training: 10:30, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00 and 15:00 at Tiger Hunting Training Ground
1. Take Subway Line 2 and get off at Zhangjiang High Technology Park Subway Station. Get out from Exit 5 and find the bus stop for Zhangnan Line. Then get on the bus and get off at the wild animal park.
2. Take Subway Line 16 and get off at Wild Animal Park Station. Then take Huinan Line 6 and get off at the park.
3. Nanxin Special Line: From Shanghai Railway Station to Nanhui University Town passing the park.
4. Huisong Line: from Songjiang Railway Station to Nanhui Bus Station passing the park.
5. Tourism Bus at Shanghai Stadium (Parking Lot No. 4) only on weekends: 9:30 from Shanghai Stadium and 16:00 back from the zoo. Reservation is necessary.
Shanghai Bus / Subway Search
|Admission Fee:||CNY 130 for adults |
CNY 65 for children between 6~18 years old
Free for children under 1.3 meters high or under 6 years old
|Opening Hours:||8:00-17:00 (stop selling ticket at 16:00) from Mar. to Nov. |
8:00-16:30 (stop selling ticket at 15:30) from Dec. to the next Feb.