China Flight FAQs
- Can I book the Chinese domestic discount air tickets online from abroad?
- Yes, of course. www.travelchinaguide.com offers both real time flight schedule and booking service with a favorable discount and quick response. Please feel free to contact us with your inquiries should you need help. -> See China Flights
- Can I book international flights with you?
- Yes. Please search the schedules from our website and submit your requirements to us, we will quote you the best price.
- Is there any special requirement for flying to Tibet?
- Yes. Since a Tibet Travel Permit is required by the local Tourism Bureau to visit Tibet, if you book a flight to Tibet, please be sure that you have applied for the Travel Permit and have received it before departure.
Price and Payment
- Does the price shown on your website include all the taxes and fees?
- The net ticket fees are shown on the website, and the total price including the China Civil Aviation Development Fund and the fuel surcharge will be shown when you select the next step. Insurance is excluded.
- Are there any discounts for infants or children?
- Yes. Normally, for domestic flights, children between 2 and 12 years old can enjoy the children's price which is 50% of the full price, while the infants between 0 and 2 years old can enjoy 10% of the full price.
- Why does the child price sometimes higher than the adult price?
- The price of a child ticket is 50% of the full price. Sometimes, the airlines provide special offers which may result in an adult fare less than 50% of the full price, so a difference can happen. On such occasions, we will try to apply this special offer for your child to save you more if the airlines allow.
- Do children need to pay the China Civil Aviation Development Fund?
- In China, neither children nor infants are subject to pay this fee.
- How can I make the payment when I book from abroad?
- We can accept your payment in three ways, namely PayPal, Western Union and domestic Wire Transfer. If you accept the airfare and schedule, you can pay directly by PayPal. If you still need some information, please send us your inquiry and we will reply your email with more details.
- Can I make the payment by credit card?
- It is suggested that you make the payment by credit card through PayPal, which is more safe and convenient.
Change and Cancellation
- How can I cancel or change my order?
- To change or cancel your confirmed booking, you should send us an email to email@example.com. We calculate your refund on the day when we receive the written cancellation by Beijing Time.
- What's your change or cancellation policy?
- Free changes or cancellations before payment.
Free changes before tickets are issued, but any price difference will be charged to the client.
Cancellations incur a USD10 handling charge per ticket before the tickets are issued.
After the tickets are issued, any change or cancellation on the confirmed bookings is subject to the airlines' changes & cancellation policies. A handling charge of USD10 per ticket will be surcharged for this application.
- When will you issue the tickets after my reservation?
- According to the working time of the airways, we can issue between 08:00 and 21:00 (Beijing Time). It is best if you make the booking request in this time period, for quick handling and a better price.
- Do I need a paper ticket or receipt to get the boarding pass?
- No. Your booking records will be input to the airways' computer system. You only need to show your passports to print the boarding pass. We will email you a confirmation receipt in which you can find the booking details, and you can print it out if needed.
- What should I do if my reservation cannot be found or it shows "Cancelled" while changing the boarding pass?
- Usually, different airways have their own service counters at the airport; please make sure you check in at the correct one. Check in with your passport directly, and provide the E-Ticket No. listed in the receipt if needed. If your booking is still unavailable, please call us at 800-840-9555 (Available in China) or (+86) 29 8523 6688 ext 555 immediately. We will try our best to contact the airways to solve the problem for you.
- When should I reach the airport?
- Passengers taking China domestic flights should arrive at the airport at least 2 hours in advance. Most of the Chinese airlines stop the check-in procedures 30 to 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the plane.
The check-in procedures for international departure are usually stopped 40 to 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time. In addition, passengers may be required to provide more certificates and documents. Passengers are recommended to reach the airport 3 hours in advance.
- How long should I allow for the flight connection?
- You are recommended to allow 2-3 hours for the connection, in case the previous flight postponements.
- What should I do if my flight is cancelled or changed by the airways?
- Upon receiving the notice from the airline companies, we will inform you the changes or cancellations in time. Please check your mailbox frequently to get the latest news. In case there is an emergency, please leave us your mobile phone number available in China, so that we can contact you easily. Each airline has its own policy to handle the emergency, if you would like to change to another flight or postpone your departure date, please contact us immediately wherever and whenever, we will seek a solution for you. Please call us at 800-840-9555 (Available in China) or (+86) 29 8523 6688 ext 555 immediately should you need any help.
- My ticket has been issued. How do I handle the changes or obtain a refund if the schedule is changed or cancelled?
- If the flights are cancelled, advanced or delayed for over one hour, rerouted, or the airlines cannot provide the ordered seat, passengers are entitled to cancel their ticket free of charge, or they can cancel the unused section. Please contact the booking website for more details once the situation arises.
- What should I do if I miss a flight?
- If the missing is due to the passengers' own fault, it is suggested to take the follow-up airplane or cancel the tickets (any cancellation is subject to the airlines' policy), which can be handled either at the departing airport or on the booking site.
- What is the free luggage allowance for China domestic flights and limit for carry-on luggage?
- Each first-class passenger is allowed to bring luggage of up to 40 kg (about 88 pounds) free of charge (checked and carry-on luggage together); each business-class passenger is allowed to bring luggage of 30 kg (about 66 pounds) free of charge; each economy-class passenger is allowed to bring luggage of 20 kg (about 44 pounds) free of charge. There is no free luggage allowance for infants.
Each first-class passenger is allowed to have two pieces of carry-on luggage; business-class or economy-class passengers are allowed to have one piece of carry-on luggage per person; the size of each carry-on item should not exceed 20 X 40 X 55 centimeter (7.8 X 15.7 X 21.6 inches) and the total weight should be less than 5 kg (11 pounds). Otherwise, the luggage should be checked together with your other luggage. For luggage in excess of the free luggage allowance in pieces, or the sum of the length, width and height of each piece exceeding the prescribed limits, an excess luggage charge is payable.
We recommend for the sake of efficiency that each passenger travels with only one suitcase and one carry-on bag. Excessive number, size, or weight of luggage may result in your inconvenience and/or a surcharge.
- Do the airways provide special services for disabled passengers?
- Of course. Disabled passengers who need special services should apply to the airline company in advance. The special services usually include assistance when they board, transfer and get off the plane.
Passengers with wheelchairs should consign their wheelchairs as checked luggage. Blind and deaf passengers can board the plane with their guide dogs or they can consign them free of charge. If passengers want to take their dogs into the cabin, they must have them well muzzled, firmly strapped and not occupying a seat; if passengers want to cosign them in the cargo hold, their guide dogs must accord with the requirements for pet shipments.