Ambassador: Mr. Zhang Xinsen
Address: 54, Hyoja-Dong, Jongno-GU, Seoul, 110033, Korea
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays) Email: email@example.com
Address: 50-7, No.2 Street, Namsan-dong, Chung-gu, Seoul
Automatic Answer Tel: +82-2-060-7045004
Manual Tel: +82-2-7567300, 7550453, 7550456
The manual answering service is available during 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:30,working days.
09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
13:30-15:30, Monday-Thursday (except holidays)
Collection and Payment: 09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
For Overseas Chinese Affairs & Consular Protection:
09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:30, Monday-Friday
Consular Districts of the Embassy/Consulates
|Embassy/Consulate General||Consular Jurisdiction|
|Embassy of PRC in Seoul||Seoul, Inchon, Taejon, Kyonggido, Kangwondo, Chungchong Puktodo, Chungchong Namdo|
|Consulate General of PRC in Busan (Pusan)||Busan (Pusan), Taegu, Ulsan, Kyongsang Namdo, Kyongsang Puktodo|
|Consular Office of PRC in Gwangju (Kwangju)||Cheju-do, Gwangju (Kwangju), Cholla Namdo, Cholla Puktodo|
The embassy only accepts Cash as means of payment if you are individual applicant. The Checks and Credit Cards are not accepted. Please make payment when you collect passport.
1. Regular Fee per Person (the Currency is in Korean Won)
|Types||Korean Citizens||American Citizens||Citizens of Other Countries|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity||70,000||190,000||70,000|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity||100,000||190,000||105,000|
The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, you can apply for the expedited service. Extra service fee will be charged as following:
|2 working days processing||KRW 24,000 (for individual applicant) |
KRW 12,000 (for group applicant)
Required Documents for Applying Tourist/Family Visit L Visa
1. Applicants' original passport and the copy of Identity Card.
2. One properly completed Application Form with one recent passport photo attached on it. Applicants should write clearly their address and telephone on the Application Form. If applicants want to stay for more than 30 days, please write the name, address and telephone of their relatives or friends.
3. Hotel reservation, two-way flight tickets or through flight ticket.
4. Non-Korean applicants should provide Alien Registration Cards which entitle them to reside in South Korea for an extended period of time.
Important Notice about Application
1. From September 1, 2007, the Consular Office of the Embassy in Seoul, South Korea has not accepted individual application for Tourist (L), Business (F) , Work (Z) , Student (X) , Residence (D), Transit (G) and Crew (C) Visas. Therefore, Korean Citizens and other aliens in South Korea have to apply through travel agencies authorized by the Embassy in Seoul. Please refer to the embassy's website (in Korean Version only) to see the list of designated travel agencies.
2. The Consular Office of the Embassy in Seoul still accepts the individual applications of the following categories of people. (They can also apply through travel agencies authorized by the embassy)
(1) Diplomatic/Service Passport Holders of the Republic of Korea
(2) Holders of ROK Ordinary Passport and the note issued by the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of ROK
(3) Personnel and their family members of other countries' diplomatic missions, international institutes or organizations in ROK
(4) Journalist Visa Applicants
(5) Hong Kong Visa applicants
3. Those who apply for visas to Hong Kong and China at the same time still need go to Consular Office of the Embassy in Seoul. The service fee of travel agencies authorized by the embassy should be not more than 20, 000 won. If they charged you more money, you can send email to the embassy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Map of the Embassy
Address: 54, Hyoja-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
1. Take Subway Line No.3 and get out at Exit No.3 of Gyeongbokgung Subway Station, then walk along Jahamun Tunnel about 10 minutes.
2. Take Bus No. 7022 or 7018 and get off at Hyoja-dong Stop, then walk about 1 minute.
Address of Consular Office: 50-7, No.2 Street, Namsan-dong, Chung-gu, Seoul, Korea
Take Subway No.4 Line, exit at Exit No.3 of Myeong-dong Subway Station, then walk about 400 meters (437.4 yards) toward Namsan. The Consular Office is close to the Ticket Office of Namsan Cable Car Station.
Please contact Embassy of South Korea in China if korean are in troubles there.
Other Chinese Embassies in Asia: Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand