Embassy & Consulates of Nepal in China

Embassy of Nepal in Beijing

Ambassador: H.E. Mahesh Kumar Maskey
Address: No. 1, San Li Tun Xi Liu Jie, Beijing  100600
Tel: (+86)10 6532 1795 Ext. 18
Fax: (+86)10 6532 3251
Office Hours: 10:00-17:00, Monday-Friday
E-mail: beijing@nepalembassy.org.cn

 How to go there:
From Dongzhimen Subway Station (line 2): take east-bound buses 413, 418 or 24 and get off at Tayuancun. Walk back 20 meters, the Embassy is at your left.

From Agriculture Exhibition Centre Subway Station (line 10): walk along Dongzhimenwai Dajie westward, and turn right at Xindong Lu. It will take 15 minutes.

Bus: Take Buses 24 (from Beijing Station), 110, 120, 403, 418, 823 (from Beijing West Station) and get off at Tayuancun. Walk back 20 Meters, the Embassy is at your left. 

Consular Department
Tel: (+86)10 6532 1795 ext. 18

Reception Office
Tel: (+86)10 6532 1795 ext. 11, 12
Submit Application: 10:00-12:00, Monday-Friday
Pick-Up: 14:00 - 16:00, Monday-Friday (On the 3rd working day from the date of submission)

 Where to apply for a tourist visa to Nepal?
a. Individual applicant should apply in person at the Embassy in Beijing or at the consulates in Lhasa, Hong Kong, Shanghai or any diplomatic mission of Nepal abroad.
b. Tourist visa can also be applied through travel agencies authorized by the China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) which operate overseas travel.
c. Chinese nationals are eligible to obtain on-arrival visa at authorized entry points including the International Airport in Kathmandu. This provision also applies to Mongolia and DPRK nationals.

Visa Fees
a. 15 day multiple entry : RMB 175
b. 30 day multiple entry : RMB 280
c. 90 day multiple entry : RMB 700
d. Children under 10 years, and nationals of SAARC countries are exempt from any fee.
e. Only RMB in cash will be accepted. Please bring the exact amount.
f.  On-arrival applicants need to pay 25, 40 and 100 US$ for a period of 15, 30 and 90 days, respectively.

 Consulate General in Lhasa

Consul-general: Mr. Leela Mani Paudyal
Address: Norbulingka Road 13, Lhasa, Tibet
Postal Code: 850000
Tel: +86-891-6813965, 6815744, 6822881
Fax: +86-891-6836890
Email: cgnlhasa@hotmail.com

 Honorary Consul in Shanghai

Address: Seat A, 16 Floor, No.669 Beijing Road(W), Shanghai 200041
Tel: 021-6272 0259 
Fax: 021-6272 0159
Email: ncshanghai@hotmail.com
Consular District: Shanghai

 Honorary Consul in Hong Kong

Address: Unit 715, China Aerospace (North) Tower, Concordia Plaza, 1 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsu (East) Kowloon
Tel: +852-2369 7813
Fax: +852-2824 2970
Email: cgnhk@biznetvigator.com

 Please contact China Embassy in Nepal if Nepaleses will go to China.

- Last modified on Jun. 04, 2018 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulates of Nepal in China
Asked by Sangeet Bikram Poudel from NEPAL | Dec. 29, 2017 21:48Reply
Police Report Expiry/Passport page
Dear Valued Consular..
I have been working in china for few years and now changing my employer..
I already have police report with chinese embassy stamp issued in 2015 april..
Is there validation for it should i have to make a new one?
Also i am lacking with passport blank pages and i wonder if it can be fixed in beijing as iam based here..
Looking forward to hear from you
Answers (3)
Answered by Tracy from SOUTH AFRICA | Jan. 02, 2018 00:16

Sangeet, you need to make a new police report.
You can renew your passport at the embassy of Nepal in Beijing.
Answered by sangeet bikram poudel from NEPAL | Jan. 02, 2018 02:15

Thanks for your reply?Can i also renew my police report from Nepal Embassy in beijing..
Answered by tina | Jan. 07, 2018 19:30

No, it cannot be renewed. You should re-apply for a new police report.
Asked by Raymon from USA | Nov. 20, 2017 14:11Reply
Can i need visa for nepali citizen passport and us resident for transit. In china ?
Actually im travelling to kathmandu from newyork and transit is in Guangzhou (CAN) and same route to return.
Ao i have to need for visa transit?
Im there transit in less than 24 hour .
Answers (1)
Answered by Vicki from FRANCE | Nov. 20, 2017 19:45

Hi, you can enjoy the 24-hour direct transit in Guangzhou if you only remain in the sterile transit area during the layover. No visa is required. Nice trip!
Asked by RAmesh Maharjan from NEPAL | Jun. 06, 2017 23:22Reply
i want to get working visa in china, for it what should i do ?
i am in china as i have office who invites me too now i am in china with business visa as i want to change my visa like business visa to working visa as i have all documents like police report; academy certificates and reference letter of Nepal (Experience letter). now what should i do ?? i try to cal embassy of Nepal in china but didn't receive so i am sending this message!!
Answers (3)
Answered by Hilary from SWITZERLAND | Jun. 07, 2017 04:17

You should go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to convert the M type to a work Z type.
Answered by Ramesh from NEPAL | Jun. 07, 2017 04:26

ok thank you i will go back and apply again well for z visa what is the requirement documents? would you mind explain on it too i would be thankful on it .... thank you
Answered by Hilary | Jun. 09, 2017 04:05

The required documents include your passport, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, worm permit and other documents the consular officers consider necessary. Afterwards, go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to submit the application.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)