Chinese Embassies and Consulates
Selected Questions and Answers:
I'm Canadian and have been married to a Chinese lady got two years. We got married and we now both live here. What is the procedure for me to qualify for a long term (5 year) permament visa if I plan to stay longer here? I have now been living here for more than four years.
It is very difficult to get a permanent visa. Please read the Regulations on Permanent Residence of Aliens on the website https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/refusal.htm, then you know the regulations are so strict and rigorous.
Hi, I'm a US passport holder. My 1 year Chinese Visa will expire soon, but I need to stay longer for another five days. I don't think I'll have time to renew it prior to my trip.
So my question here is, can I extend or renew it while in Beijing? I thank you in advance for your prompt response.
Yes, you can extend the duration of your visa at the Exit & Enter Department of Beijing Public Security Bureau before it expires.
I am a German passport holder with a working visa for Australia, wishing to travel soon - is it possible for me to obtain a visa from one of the consulates in Australia (or possibly new Zealand, as I may be traveling here in the next few months)?? Thanks :)
Yes, you can apply from one Chinese consulate in Australia which is near to you because you hold Australian work visa which permits you stay in Australia for a long time. If you apply in New Zealand, you maybe can't get it because you just a temporary visitors to New Zealand. Please bear in mind that single entry tourist L is only valid for 3 months, please don't apply for it too early.
Can i apply for Permanent Residence Permit
Can i know requirements?
My family Chinese ( wife and 2 kids)
My marriage have 6 years ago
I use to take Q2 visa...now i apply (Temporary residence permit) one year still in processing.
I need any amount in bank to apply for Permanent Residence ?
You have been married for at least five years. You have lived in China for five consecutive years and shall live in China no less than nine months every year with financial guarantee for living and a residence.
The following documents will be required for application:
1. A valid foreign passport or other certificates that can substitute for the passport;
2. A health certificate issued by a health examination agency authorized by the Chinese government or a foreign health organization authorized by the Chinese embassy or consulate in the concerned country;
3. A certificate of no criminal conviction accepted by the Chinese embassy or consulate in the concerned country;
4. Four copies of a 2-inch, full-color portrait photo taken recently without a headwear;
5. The household registration certificate of your spouse, marriage certificate, a notarized property ownership certificate or a notarized proof of rent payment. Certificates issued by a foreign agency are subject to authentication by the Chinese embassy or consulate in the concerned country.
As I understand, I can apply for a 30-day grace period after my Z visa expires; however that does not allow me to come back into China once I leave. I'm sure there is a way to get a tourist visa or family visit visa of some sort that allows me to come back to China after visiting other countries in March.
Does anyone know how I can apply for a Chinese visa while in China? I guess I will have to apply for this before Z visa expires. Thanks in advance!