China Embassy in France

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Lu Shaye
Address: 11, avenue George V - 75008 Paris, France 
Tel: +33-1-49521950
Fax: +33-1-47205946, 47202422, 53758914
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:30-18:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)


Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in France:

Address: 20, rue Washington, 75008 Paris
Passport, Authentication & Notarization:
Tel: +33-1-53758831
Fax: +33-1-53758806

Consular Protection:
Tel: +33-1-53758840, +33-6-15742537 
Office Hours: 09:30-12:00, 14:30-17:00 , Monday-Friday (except Chinese and French public holidays)
Notice: You can't pick up your documents in the afternoon of Thursday. 

Transportation to Consular Office

Take Metro Line 1 and get off at Station Georges V, go out from Sortie Avenue Champs Elysées and walk about 20 meters towards Place de la Concorde, then, turn left to Rue Washington and continue to walk for 150 meters, you will see the Consular Office on the right side of the Rue Washington. 

Consular Districts of the Consulates

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
Embassy of PRC in Paris Except the consular districts of Chinese consulates in Marseiles, Strasbourg, Lyons and Saint-Denis.
Consulate General of PRC in Marseille Midi-Pyrénées, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and Corse
Consulate General of PRC in Strasbourg Alsace, Lorraine, Champagne-Ardenne, Franche-Comté regions
Consulate-General of PRC in Lyons Rhône, Ain, Ardèche, Drôme, Isère, Loire, Haute-Savoie, Savoie, Puy de Dôme, Allier, Cantal, and Haute-Loire
Consulate-General of PRC in Saint-Denis Saint-Denis, Saint-Paul, Saint-Pierre and Saint-Benoit

Notice of Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)  

CVASC in Paris has begun its operation on 14th January, 2011. The Center is responsible for receiving applications of ordinary passport holders for visiting mainland PRC. Online appointment is required for submission of  applications.

Meanwhile, diplomatic or official/service passport holders and Hong Kong/Macao visa applicants are required to submit their applications to the embassy directly. 

Detailed Information of CVASC in Paris:
Address:25  Rue de Bassano, 75008 Paris.
Tel: +33-1-40700401
Fax: +33-1-47206328 
Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (submission of application), 09:00-16:00 (payment and collection), Monday-Friday (except Chinese and French public holidays)

Fees (in Euro)

Citizens of Schengen Countries

Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 126 175 197
Group Application 111 160 ---

US citizens

Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 180 229 251
Group Application 164 213 ---

Citizens of Other Countries

Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 96 145 167
6-month Double Entry 109 158 ---
6-month Multi-Entry 123 172 ---
12-month Multi-Entry 152 201 ---
Group Application 89 138 ---

1. The regular processing time is 6 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 1 working day.
2. Please pay on pick-up day by Debit Card or Credit Card.
3. Rush service, only available to single-entry visa application, needs approval of consular official.

The Map of the Embassy

 Please contact Embassy of France in PRC if Frenches are in problems there.

 Recommended tours:
11 Days China Tour from Paris France: to Shanghai, Huangshan, Suzhou, Hangzhou
13 Days China Tour from Paris France: to Kunming, Jianshui, Sapa, Hanoi

 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Germany, GreeceHungary, Ireland
- Last modified on Jun. 07, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in France
Asked by nick from FRANCE | Jun. 01, 2021 03:54Reply
valid China Work Permit and residency visa
I'm a British citizen but French resident. I have a valid China Work Permit and residency visa, can i now return to Guangzhou to resume my employment ?

I reside in France and wish to travel to GZ from CDG.

many thanks...Nick
Answers (2)
Answered by Jimmy | Jun. 06, 2021 23:36

Yes, you can if your residency visa is for work, private affairs adn family reunion.
Answered by Nick | Jun. 07, 2021 02:52

Thanks for the reply Jimmy, do I require a PU letter, to travel back to GZ? or any other special requirements?

Many thanks...Nick
Asked by Indya from FRANCE | May. 27, 2021 23:36Reply
British with French residency
Can I apply for my z visa in Paris? I'm British but hold French residency card. With current restrictions returning to UK to apply is quite tricky. Thanks
Answers (1)
Answered by Leo | Jun. 01, 2021 00:50

Yes, you can. Submit your French residency card, too.
Asked by Nick from FRANCE | Jan. 21, 2021 06:10Reply
I have a valid China Work Permit and visa, can i now return to Guangzhou to resume my employment ?
I reside in France and wish to travel to GZ from CDG.
Answers (7)
Answered by Rachel | Feb. 01, 2021 00:13

Nick, as of November 5, 2020, French citizens are not allowed to enter China even they have a valid visa due to the rising confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Answered by Nick | Feb. 11, 2021 06:51

Hi Rachel

is there any change to the travel policy? am i able to return to China?

Answered by Rachel | Feb. 17, 2021 16:14

Sorry, currently there are not changes to this travel policy.
Answered by Nick | Mar. 02, 2021 08:38

Hi Rachel, same question again :)

is there any change to the travel policy? am i able to return to China?

Answered by Rachel | Mar. 03, 2021 17:22

Sorry, the answer is still no.
Answered by Nick | Mar. 15, 2021 02:04

Hi Rachel, with the recent changes to the travel policy, as I have a valid work permit and residency for China, can I now return?

many thanks....Nick
Answered by Nick | Mar. 18, 2021 02:41

Is there a lab in France providing the Chinese made vaccine .
Asked by Jamal from FRANCE | Jul. 12, 2020 17:43Reply
I’m from Bangladesh but I live in France how can I apply visit visa for China which visa for me
Answers (1)
Answered by Jacob from FRANCE | Jul. 15, 2020 23:57

If you intend to go there for sightseeing, then please apply for a tourist visa. You can do the application in the China visa service center in France.
Asked by Claire Johnson from FRANCE | Feb. 22, 2020 02:41Reply
How to get a 1956 Hong Kong birth certificate legalized/Apostille
I was born in Hong Kong in 1956 to British parents and have a birth certificate from The British Colony of Hong Kong. I am thinking about becoming French and I think I will need my birth certificate legalized or Apostilled who can do this service, for me.
Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Aaron from GERMANY | Feb. 26, 2020 18:15

You can contact the HK Immigration Department to see if they can do this for you.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)