China Embassy in Iceland

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Jin Zhishang
Address: Bríetartún 1, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 75, 172 Seltjarnarnest, Iceland
Tel: +354-5276688
Fax: +354-5626110
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office

Chief: Mr. Guo Baoqi
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Sections of Chinese Embassy in Iceland

Sections Information
Commercial Office Chief: Zhu Yuesheng, Yang Jiaqi
Address: Gardastraeti 41, 101 Reykjavik.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 800, 121 Reykjavik, Iceland
Tel: +354-5526322
Fax: +354-5623922
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday to Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office Chief: Guo Baoqi
Administrative Office Chief: Zhou Baoquan
Political Office Chief: Wan Degang


Please pay by Cash or Check when collecting passport.

Regular Fee per Person

Types Icelandic Citizens US Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry ISK 9,000 ISK 17,500 ISK 5,000
Double-Entry ISK 13,500 ISK 17,500 ISK 7,500
Multi-Entrywith 6-month Validity ISK18,000 ISK 17,500 ISK 10,000
Multi-Entrywith 12-month Validity ISK 27,000 ISK 17,500 ISK 15,000
Group Visa ISK 7,200 ISK 17,500 ISK 4,000

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 5 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:

1 working day processing ISK 3,000
2-3 working days processing ISK 2,000

Requirements for Applying Chinese Tourist/Family Visit (L)

1. The original Passport with blank pages and at least 6-month validity.

2. One properly completed Application Form.

3. One recent passport photo attached on the Application Form.

4. Please offer a confirmation letter from a Chinese Travel Agency.

5. For applicants who will go to Tibet for sightseeing, they have to join a tour group organized by a Travel Agency. The Travel Agency must get the Tibet Travel Permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau.

 Please contact Embassy of Iceland in China if Icelanders are in distress there.

 Related China Embassies in Europe: Ireland, Italy, Latvia

- Last modified on Oct. 29, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Iceland
Asked by nicole slade from CANADA | Nov. 25, 2019 10:49Reply
what address do I use to submit application and where is the pre authorization form?
My Icelandic employer (who is living in Canada) is traveling to China for business next month. I need confirmation on what address to send his application and what form of payment or pre authorization forms to use

I need this information ASAP
Answers (1)
Answered by Larry from CANADA | Nov. 25, 2019 17:59

You need to submit his application to the CVASC in Canada or the Chinese embassy in Iceland. You don't need to use the payment authorization form because it's only used when you apply by post, but unfortunately, postal applications are not accepted at present.
Asked by Arnar Gunnarsson from ICELAND | Oct. 09, 2017 06:56Reply
Tourist visa duration issue
Hello. I was wondering about the tourist L type. I have a girlfriend in china and would preferably be staying for a few months, is a tourist L good for that, and for how long?
I am an Icelandic citizen.
Answers (3)
Answered by Anna from BULGARIA | Oct. 09, 2017 22:58

Usually, the stay duration of a tourist L type is 30 days, but someone may get 60 days. The consular officers will give her a proper duration based on the actual days she needs.
Answered by Arnar Gunnarsson from ICELAND | Oct. 10, 2017 06:57

Hello. Arnar here.
I just wanted to clarify that it is I that am going to see her in china. I was thinking about staying for 3 months. Would that be a possible with a tourist visa?
Answered by Anna | Oct. 10, 2017 20:01

The tourist L type will be fine. Don't worry!
Asked by A. Kennedy from USA | Jun. 06, 2014 09:03Reply
Is it possible for Americans to get a Chinese visa in Iceland?
Answers (1)
Answered by Lynn | Jun. 07, 2014 03:11

As long as you have proof of legal stay or residence status there in Iceland. You can also try to contact the embassy for direct answer. Tel: 00354-5276688
Asked by Cherry from ICELAND | Aug. 29, 2012 04:44Reply
visa about visiting in shanghai china in 2013
Hi i Just want to ask do i need a visa if i will visit shanghai we have a plan to go there next year Do i need to apply for visa for a 1 week visit but my husband he is not an icelandic citizen he is from philippines do he need to apply visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Cathy | Aug. 30, 2012 01:38

You both need to apply for a visa in advance according to your purpose of visit. For your husband, he is required to provide the original and a copy of his permanent residence or work permit if he works in Iceland. Otherwise, he needs to apply in Philippines.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)