China Embassy in Latvia
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Mr. Yang Guoqiang
Address: 5 Ganibu Dambis iela, Riga, LV 1045, Latvia
Tel: Switch Board +37-1-6735023/67357024
through local operator during 09:00 - 12:00, and 14:00 - 17: 00 on working days
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Latvia
Address: 5 Ganibu Dambis Street, Riga, LV 1045, Latvia
Monday & Friday: 09:00-12:00
Note: The consulate office will be closed during holidays.
Transportation to Consular Office of Chinese Embassy
You can reach the Consular Office of Chinese Embassy by bus No. 1 and No. 19, by trams No. 5 and No. 9, or by bus No. 2 and No. 24. Please get off at Petersalas Iela Stop for city-bound direction and at Ganibu Dambis Iela Stop for an opposite direction of the city, then walk along the street about 200 meters northeast.
Latvia is situated in the west region of East European Plain, neighboring the Baltic Sea to its west. There are many lakes and swamps. Climatic features intermediate between Oceanic and continental climates.
Neighboring Countries: Estonia, Russia, Lithuania, Belarus
Land Area: about 62,050 square kilometers (23,958 square miles)
Time: It is 2 hours later than GMT and 10 hours later than Beijing Time.
Official Language: Latvian (More than 95% of the residents can understand Russian and English is also used.)
Major Religions: Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox
Currency: santimi, lat
New Year's Day (January 1), Easter (late March or early April), Labor Day (May 1), Mother's Day (the second Sunday in May), Summer Solstice (June 23-24), Independence Day (November 18), Christmas (December 25), New Year's Eve (December 31)
Regular Fee per Person
|Types||Latvian Citizens||American Citizens||Third Country Citizens|
|Single-Entry||EUR 60||EUR 105||EUR 30|
|Double-Entry||EUR 60||EUR 105||EUR 45|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity||EUR 60||EUR 105||EUR 60|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity||EUR 60||EUR 105||EUR 90|
|Group Visa||EUR 48||EUR 88||EUR 24 (Single Entry) |
EUR 36 (Double Entry)
Expedited Service Fee per Person
|Next working day processing (Please submit application before 12:00)||EUR 30|
|Third working day processing||EUR 20|
1. All payments needs to be made only by Euros cash.
2. Group one is for tourism groups (no less than 5 people) organized by legally registered Chinese travel agencies.
Notices for Chinese Going to Latvia
Schengen business/private/family visa fee: CNY650
2. With valid visa, foreign people can make a stay at most for 90 days and more than 90 days are allowed with a long-term visa/residence permit. The Embassy will make the decision to issue visa 7 days later after receiving all the needed documents. It will be longer (30 days) if some info needs to be renewed.
Please contact Embassy of Latvia in PRC if Latvians are in distress there.
Related China Embassies in Europe: Vilnius, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia
I understand there would be some downtime in between until the new visa is made, but I'd like to know if this is possible.
Please clarify the possibility of this and the amount of time it would take to get things done in between the visits.
In my opinion, you can try to apply for a tourist L type with multiple entries for 6 months or for a year which will be more convenient.
However, as I understand, I qualify only for 3 month visa. Being from Latvia, which is a part of European Union.
I'm googling these things, but I get very contradicting information.
Under what circumstances I can stay in PRC for a year with tourist L type, and how easy or hard it would be for me to get this?
I was informed by colleagues that I can stay at most 30 days per single visit, i.e. I will need to travel out and in again during my stay. I do have an invitation from our Chinese office for 2 x 1 month periods. What is the best for me to do?
1) Apply for a double-entry one? What should I then do to stay for another 3 weeks of traveling?
2) Apply for a multi-entry one? Do I then need another invitation from our Chinese office?
Where should I apply, in embassy in Denmark or in Latvia?
Thank you in advance,
You can apply either in Denmark or in Latvia. If you apply in the CVASC center in Denmark, apart from the basic documents required, you should also provide the original and photocopy of your residence permit there.
1) I'm going to travel with my Chinese friend, and I will stay in her home with her parents. So for the question “Major purpose of your visit", I'm not sure whether I should circle "Tourism" or "Short-term visit to Chinese citizen or foreigner with Chinese permanent residence status".
2) As I'm with my Chinese friend now in Europe, so I cannot ask her to write an invitation, and besides I should ask her parents to write it right? So for the question "Relationship with the applicant" in the category "Information of inviter in China", what shall I write down about this question? And it that possible to show the embassy the scanned version of the invitation or it must be the original one?
Thank you for answering my questions!
(1) Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
(2) Information on the planned visit (arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, etc.)
(3) Information on the inviting individual (name, contact telephone number, address, signature of the inviting individual)