China Embassy in Luxembourg

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Zeng Xianqi
Address: 2, Rue Van Der Meulen, Dommeldange, L-2152 Luxembourg
Tel: +352-436991
Fax: +352-422423
Office Hours of the consular department: 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except holidays)
Tel: +352-43699133


Regular Fee per Person

Types Luxembourg Citizens American Citizens Romanian Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry with 3-month Validity EUR 30 EUR 120 EUR 60 EUR 35
Double-Entry with 6-month Validity EUR 45 EUR 120 EUR 60 EUR 50
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity EUR 60 EUR 120 EUR 120 EUR 70
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity EUR 90 EUR 120 EUR 120 EUR 100
Group Type EUR 24 EUR 100 EUR 26 EUR 26
Note: For Luxembourg Citizens holding Luxembourg Passports, they are exempt from Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit if they enter Hong Kong for a business or short tour and stay in Hong Kong for not more than 90 days.

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 5 working days. For urgent cases, expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
2-3 working days processing EUR 19

Tips for Application

1. The embassy doesn't accept application by post. If applicants can't come to the embassy in person, they can entrust someone else for application and collection.

2. There is no need to make an appointment for application.

3. You'd better apply 1-2 months before your planned date to enter China because the validity of a visa is usually 90 days.

4. The Duration of Each Stay is usually 30 days or 90 days at most.

5. The required documents for application:
a. The original passport with blank pages and at least 6-month validity.
b. Except for Luxembourg citizens, other residents in Luxembourg should provide the original Luxembourg Resident Permit and its copy.
c. One properly completed Application Form with one recent passport photo attached on it.

6. For Luxembourg Citizens holding Luxembourg Passport, they are exempt from Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit if they enter Hong Kong for business or a short tour and stay in Hong Kong for no more than 90 days and Macao too.

 Please contact Embassy of Luxembourg in China if this country's citizens are in distress there.
 China Tour from Luxemburg
 Related China Embassies in Europe: Macedonia, Malta, Moldova
- Last modified on Apr. 11, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Luxembourg
Asked by Conny from GERMANY | Aug. 19, 2019 09:53Reply
Conny from Germany
we live in Germany, near the luxembourg border and my husband works in luxemblourg. Can we (my husband, I and our son) apply for a chinese visa in luxembourg?

second question: my husband and I have a crew visa, as we are working for airlines. Now we would like to visit Peking für 5 days as tourists, to show our son the city. Do we need a tourist visa, or can we travel with the crew visa for these 5 days.

Thank you
Asked by Anna from LUXEMBURG | Jul. 26, 2019 02:09Reply
Visa for Zhangjiajie
Good day
I am a citizen of Ukraine, resident of Luxembourg.
I fly to Shanghai from Frankfurt (I know that there is a 6-day visa-free mode for visiting Shanghai) and I want to fly to Zhangjiajie Park for 3 days. After I return to Shanghai and fly to the Philippines.
Do I need to apply for a Chinese visa in Luxembourg or I can visit park in the visa-free mode?
Thank you!
Answers (1)
Answered by Greta from USA | Jul. 28, 2019 20:14

Anna, you should apply for Chinese visa in advance as you can't use 144h visa free transit for visiting Shanghai and Zhangjiajie.
Asked by Monica from FRANCE | Jul. 06, 2019 09:18Reply
Dutch passport - French ID- work in Lux
Dear, My daughter (17)is going in october with her school in France to china. School organised the trip. As My daughter is holding a Dutch passport, but only a french ID she cannot go via school to get her Visa. Both her parents work in Luxembourg and all family members are holders of the CNS card. Can she apply for a Visa in Luxembourg?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Answers (1)
Answered by Emily from USA | Jul. 08, 2019 01:22

Monica, it is possible for your daughter to apply in Luxembourg.
Asked by tourist from LUXEMBURG | Jul. 04, 2019 02:33Reply
working in luxembourg, living in germany
Dear sir or madam,

I work in luxembourg, live in germany and have EU (slovenia) passport - can I apply for chinese visa in luxembourg?
Answers (2)
Answered by Candy from USA | Jul. 04, 2019 20:33

Dear, you can apply in Luxembourg.
Answered by tourist from LUXEMBURG | Jul. 05, 2019 01:14

Many thanks for your help Cindy!
Asked by Steve from ENGLAND | Jul. 02, 2019 13:15Reply
I am english work in luxembourg could could i get visa for china in luxemboug?
Answers (1)
Answered by Cherry from JAPAN | Jul. 03, 2019 00:16

Yes, it's possible. Just have a try.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)