TravelChinaGuide is ready to serve you as an expert on China train tickets booking and guided tours. See China Train Tour Reviews from thousands of our customers.
Read 2521 Reviews in our customer center
Why Choose Us
- Lowest Service Fee
- Lowest Delivery Fee
- Reschedule for Free
- English Expert Service
- 99% Obtaining Tickets
- Best Available Seats for Family & Friends
Quick Guide on Train Travel in China
China train system boasts over 77,000 miles (124,000 km) long railway, including the world's largest high speed train network connecting more than 500 cities across the country, and the highest speed can reach 186 mi/h (300 km/h). To plan a budget, convenient and safe travel, China train is your best choice. Start to search the timetable and book your tickets now!
- High Speed Trains The 13,600 mi's (22,000 km) high speed rail enables more than 2,300 pairs of daily bullet trains in operation, connecting almost every large city and top tourist destinations.
- How to buy tickets Two methods: book with an online agency as early as possible to ensure the best seat/berth; purchase at a railway station with your original passport at most 58 days in advance.
- How to collect tickets Two ways: deliver to a hotel you reserved in China; pick up by yourself at a railway station with your original passport and order number.
- Which type of train and which class to choose High speed types are recommended, with second/first/business class seats for short-time journeys. Soft sleepers are first choice for an overnight trip.
- How to read a China train ticket Here are clear samples and explanations teaching passengers how to read the information on a ticket, including the station names and departure time.
- How to take a train in China Arrive at the right station an hour before departure, go through the security check, find your waiting room, and then wait for the check-in.
- What to do if refund, change or lose a ticket Tickets can be refunded or changed both before and after issuing, while a lost one can only be refunded after the journey.
- Weight & size limit for carry-on luggage 44 pounds (20 kg) per person, with the total length of each item within 63 inches (160cm).
Best China Train Travel Routes:
- Beijing-Shanghai: 5 - 6 hours
- Beijing-Tianjin: 35 - 50 minutes
- Beijing-Xian: 5 - 6 hours
- Beijing-Guangzhou: 8 - 10 hours
- Shanghai-Guangzhou: 7 - 8.5 hours
- Shanghai-Hangzhou: 1 hour
- Shanghai-Suzhou: 23 - 44 minutes
- Guangzhou-Guilin: 2.5 hours
- Guangzhou-Hong Kong: 2 hours
- Guangzhou-Shenzhen: 30 minutes
- Xian-Shanghai: 6 - 7.5 hours
- Xian-Chengdu: 12 - 17 hours
2017 Spring Festival Travel Rush Hits the Peak
According to China Railway Corporation, the 2017 Spring Festival Travel Rush will hit its first peak on Jan. 24 and 25, 2017. It's expected 83 million passengers will be transported daily on the peak days. On Jan. 24, 245 thousand passengers will leave from Beijing West Station. 29 temporary trains have been adopted to cope with the huge flow.
In the first 11 days of 2017 Chinese New Year Travel Rush from Jan. 13 to 23, over 98 million passengers travel by train, an increase of 18.3% compared with the same period in 2016.
Train Tickets for 2017 Spring Festival Travel Rush Available Since Dec. 15, 2016
The 2017 Chinese New Year travel rush is coming soon! It will start from January 13 and end on February 21 of 2017, lasting for 40 days. As a new railway schedule is going to be adopted, the pre-sale period for tickets on and after Dec. 30, 2016 is shortened to 30 days at present. Therefore, tickets for the travel rush will be available only after Dec. 15, 2016. With a shorter pre-sale period, it will be harder to get a ticket for the travel rush in 2017 compared with former years. Passengers are advised to book a ticket as soon as possible if they intend to travel during the rush time.Read More