Useful Chinese Phrases for Train Travel
Print this page
How to get to the train station
- Please drive me to this train station. (Show the Chinese name of the station to the taxi driver.)
- Excuse me. Where can I take the bus or subway to the train station? (show the station name in Chinese)
- Would you please tell me when we arrive at the train station? Thank you! (asking when you are on a bus or subway to the train station)
- Excuse me. Is shuttle bus available to this train station? (asking at an airport)
- Excuse me. Where is this train station?
- How long will it take to this train station?
Buy / collect / refund / change ticket at the train station
- Excuse me. Where is the ticket office?
- Which ticket window offers English service?
- A second class seat ticket from Shanghai to Beijing on train G6 on May 10th, please.
- Where can I collect my train ticket booked online?
- Hello! I would like to pick up my ticket. This is my ticket pickup number and passport.
- Where can I change a train ticket?
- I missed my train. Can I change my ticket for a later train?
- Excuse me. Where can I arrange ticket cancellation and refund?
- G Train - High Speed Train / D Train / Normal Train
- First Class Seat / Second Class Seat / Business Class Seat
- Soft Sleeper / Deluxe Soft Sleeper / Hard Sleeper / Soft Seat / Hard Seat
- Upper Berth / Middle Berth / Lower Berth
- Child Ticket / Adult Ticket
How to take the train
- Excuse me. Where is the entrance to the railway station?
- Could you please tell me where I should wait for my train? (show your ticket)
- Waiting for Boarding
- Could you please tell me which boarding gate I should go to for this ticket? (show your ticket)
- Ticket Checking
- Could you tell me which platform I should go to? (show your ticket)
- Could you please help me find a luggage porter?
- Where is the Information Desk?
- Where is the bathroom?
On the Train
- Excuse me. Could you tell me which coach I should board? (show your ticket)
- Could you please tell me where my seat/berth is?
- Hello! Would you mind exchanging the seat/berth with me? I want to stay together with my companion.
- Where is the dining car?
- Where should I go to report a lost ticket?
- Is this train delayed?
- Could you please remind me to prepare for getting off 10 minutes before the arrival of my destination?
Get off the train
- Excuse me. Where is the exit?
- Where can I take a taxi?
- Where can I take the subway?
- Where is the bus station?
- Is there a shuttle bus or subway to the airport?
- Where is the left-luggage office?
Further Reading:China Train Travel - A Beginner’s Guide
- Last modified on Sep. 30, 2018 -