How to Take the Train in China
Step 1: Arrive at the railway station 1-1.5 hours in advance;
Step 2: Pass ID-ticket check and security check at the station entrance;
Step 3: Find the right waiting room and wait for boarding;
Step 4: Check in at the right boarding gate;
Step 5: Go to the platform for boarding;
Step 6: Settle the luggage and sit down to enjoy the trip;
Step 7: Upon arrival, get off and find the way out.
Now let’s look into the steps in very detail.
2. Figure out your way to the railway station and time needed to get there from your place. Stations in many large cities have been connected with subways and almost all stations can be reached by city bus and taxi.
3. Passengers can now take China trains directly with their ID certificate used for booking ticket, like passport, saving trouble collecting the paper ticket. Just remember the train number, carriage number, seat number and other necessary information. For those who are not confident with your memory, please print out or write down the train information beforehand. Or you can spend some time collecting your ticket upon arrival at the station.
Railway Stations in China
Useful Chinese Phrases for Train Travel
How to Collect China Train Ticket
Get to Station 1-1.5H Earlier
Pass ID & Security Check
Find the Right Waiting Room
Go to Platform & Onboard
Settle Luggage & Enjoy Trip
Get off & Find the Way out
Transfer to another train
Through passengers should not get off leisurely between the starting station and the destination, as the train only stops a few minutes at most intermediate stations. If you unfortunately miss your train, extra pay will be asked for the following trip.
2. Trains stop at stations just long enough for people to get on and off. For that reason it is wise not to get off during your journey for any reason as it may well leave before you can get back on board.
3. Most overnight trains have a dining car where you can purchase a meal. There are also trolleys service selling items of food, drink, snacks, magazines and other small items, regularly goes back and forth through the aisles during a journey.
4. Be prepared to cope with the crowds and some inconvenience, rail travel in China is a cultural experience to be enjoyed; it is bound to be memorable!
5. Be careful to guard against theft. Keep your luggage safe and take the valuable items in your carry-on bags rather than in the suitcases.
6. Never give personal information to strangers.
7. Avoid using public phones near the station, as some of the owner will play tricks on the phone in order to ask for more money.
8. Never accept food or drinks given by a stranger.
Facts on China Train Travel
Train Travel in China during Holidays
Train Travel in China with Kids or during Pregnancy
Could you please help me. I am trying to locate an adress in Suxi Yiwu town. Is there anyone who can help me? No. 2 freight elevator on the west side of the 3rd floor, upstairs, Yuantong Express, No. 409, , Suxi Yiwu Town. I am trying to find out if this is an existing adress.