Terms and Conditions for China Tours BookingThank you for your interest in TravelChinaGuide Tours. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them. These agreements are in place to protect you and your party members, our distinguished guests, and TravelChinaGuide, in booking a China tour.
- Reservation and Payment
- After receiving your tour inquiry, our professional travel consultant will work on it efficiently and offer you one-on-one dedicated services. She will answer all of your questions and provide expert suggestions and travel plans until you are satisfied. As soon as we receive your confirmation and deposit we will make the reservations for your tour.
- Our tour price is calculated in Chinese currency (CNY). For the convenience of clients, we covert it to US Dollars based on the updated exchange rate between them. Thus we provide clients both CNY and USD prices along with the itinerary. We will provide prices in other currencies upon request.
- Ten percent (10%) of the tour total price is required as a deposit to confirm your tour. A reservation for your tour will not be considered firm until the deposit is received. By sending the deposit, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- The final or full payment is required 30 days prior to the start of the tour.
- Payment methods: We accept payment by Wire/Bank Transfer, PayPal, Credit Card and Western Union. Any handling charge for making the payment is your responsibility.
Wire/Bank Transfer: Recommended for payment with large amount of more than USD1500. Only acceptable if pay 15 days before the tour date.
PayPal (You can use credit card to pay through PayPal): Fast and Convenient. Highly recommended for payment with smaller amount. Transfer fee is 3% of the total amount and only USD is acceptable.
Credit Card: Transfer fee is 3% of the total amount and only CNY is acceptable.
Western Union: Instant Payment. Transfer fee is around USD40 per time.
Others: Wechat and Alipay if you are in China.
For the detailed information, go to www.travelchinaguide.com/tour/bank-info.htm.
- Cancellation and Refund
It would be disappointing if you had to cancel the tour booking, but we understand it is sometimes necessary. TravelChinaGuide has a favorable refund policy to minimize your losses.
- The cancellation fee will be a percentage of the tour total price as follows.
--For a Small Group Tour:
a. 30 or more days before the start date: There is no cancellation fee except for the actual losses caused by air/hotel/cruise cancellation.
b. 29 to 15 days before: 30% of the total price.
c. 14 to 3 days before: 50% of the total price.
d. Cancellation within 2 days of the start: 100% of the total price.
--For a Private Tailor-made Tour:
a. 15 or more days before the start date: There is no cancellation fee except for the actual losses caused by air/hotel/cruise cancellation.
b. 14 to 3 days before: 20% of the total price.
c. Cancellation within 2 days of the start: 50% of the total price.
d. Cancellation on the arrival day: 100% of the total price.
e. If your tour involves a Yangtze River Cruise, the cancellation fee for the cruise will be in accordance with the cancellation policy of the cruise company. It is 50% of the cruise fare if you cancel 16-30 days before the cruise date and full cost if you cancel within 15 days before the cruise date.
- If you cancel the trip, you should inform us by email. We will calculate your refund based on the day (by Beijing time) when we receive the written cancellation. All refunds will be processed within 20 days of receipt of your cancellation.
- The cancellation fee will be a percentage of the tour total price as follows.
- Alteration of the Itinerary
- For any changes made prior to the beginning of the tour, there will be no charge for our services. However, if in case there are any costs due to the reservation changes, you will be responsible to pay for this part.
- After the tour begins, any extra charges caused by clients' changes will be added to the total. Any unused portion is neither refundable nor exchangeable.
- Minimum Group Size
- Small Group Tours: A small group tour is a way for people to travel inexpensively and hassle-free while having a fantastic experience. Our groups provide travelers a perfect combination of intimacy, flexibility and low prices. We guarantee departures on most tours with 1 passenger, and select tours with a minimum of 2 passengers - please see individual tour pages for details. We reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a passenger should such person's health or mental condition or physical infirmity or general deportment impede the operation of the trip or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other passengers.
- Private Tours: The private guided tour is tailored for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other participants will be in your group and you will not take part into any tours with others during our land services except for the excursion parts of the Yangtze River Cruise or any other cruises. For the whole of your tour, we will provide you with a private guide and driver. You will have flexibility within reason to agree with your guide on your daily departure time, sightseeing time and even mealtimes.
- Passports and Visas
- Please make sure you have a valid passport and visa before leaving for China. After we receive your deposit, we will send you a free official invitation to assist you in obtaining your visa. For those who may be qualified for a 144-hour visa free stay in Beijing or Shanghai, we suggest you confirm this with your local embassy or consulate.
- If your tour arranged by us includes other Asian countries, please check at the nearest embassy or consulate for those countries and follow the visa policy of each country you are going to visit.
- Additional Information
- We suggest that you purchase travel insurance that covers a wide range of unforeseen losses and damages, including baggage damage, flight delays and cancellations.
- Please be sure to check carefully your international and domestic air tickets you purchased so that you are fully aware of the policies of the airline companies.
- Upon checking in at hotels, guests are expected to offer a valid credit card authorization to guarantee payment of any possible personal expense (e.g. laundry) during your stay.
- The majority of 4 to 5-star hotels in China are equipped with the central air conditioning. It will be turned on in winter and summer days, however, during the transition seasons in spring and autumn, the hotel will decide whether to turn on the air conditioner according to the actual weather conditions on that day, which is out of our control. Some hotels can provide the air fan on request.
- On a non-shopping tour, we arrange no stop at the commission based tourist shops or factory stores, but some attractions may have a shop at their entry or exit so we cannot avoid passing through them. For travelers who want to shop for gifts or souvenirs, the marketplace is a good choice.
- The responsibility of our company, parent company and affiliated companies is strictly limited. As a tour operator, we organize, promote, and sell tour programs consisting of certain travel services, including guide service, surface transportation, air transportation, water transportation, excursions and accommodations that we purchase or reserve from various suppliers. The suppliers providing services for our tour programs are independent contractors and they are not agents or employees of ours.
- To the extent that we are involved in booking air and/or cruise transportation for you, we act as your agent and not as an agent for the airline and/or cruise companies. However, we promise that we are responsible for the willful or negligent acts of our partner travel agents for the land services.
- We reserve the right to choose trains and flights we have arranged for you in the itinerary, and we guarantee that your tour will go smoothly unless the flights or trains are delayed or cancelled.
- We will take benefits and losses of any fluctuations, lower or higher in airfares, cruise fares, currency devaluation, park fee increases, taxes, or fuel surcharges after we have received the full payment. And we reserve the right to correct promotional or pricing errors or to increase the tour price in the event of cost increases due to changes in airfares, cruise fares, currency devaluation, park fee increases, taxes, or fuel surcharges before we receive your reservation deposit.
- We are not responsible for acts of terrorism, political unrest, war, earthquake, landslide, delay or cancellation of the trains, flights or cruises. But we will try our best to assist you in these situations.
- We are not responsible for any unauthorized extra services that the client arranges with the local agent, local guide or the driver beyond the confirmed itinerary. In this case, we do not accept any responsibility for extra expenses on shopping, attractions, destinations etc, but we will help our clients deal with the problems if any damages or losses occur. Our mission is to provide an exceptional travel experience to every person who travels with us.
- Complaints and Claims
- Whenever and wherever you are not satisfied with any service of our tours, please let your travel consultant know immediately by email, phone or through your local tour guide, so that we can solve the problem as soon as possible and prevent it from happening again. Alternatively, you can send emails to our customer service center directly via . Our support team will ensure you have an exciting and rewarding experience. Thank you.