China Embassy in Malta

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Cai Jinbiao
Address: Karmnu Court, Lapsi Street, St. Julian's, STJ 1264, Malta
Tel: +356-23798804, 23798822
Fax: +356-21364730 
Office Hours: 08:30-12:30, 15:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Section of Chinese Embassy in Malta

Address: Karmnu Court, Lapsi Street, St. Julians' STJ1264
Tel: 00356-23798805 (only answered between 09:00 -12:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday,except public holidays)
Fax: 00356-21380251
Opening Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday, Wednesday & Friday 
(except Maltese public holidays and Chinese public holidays)

Visa Application

Applications by post are not accepted. Applicants should submit their applications in person or entrust a third party to submit their applications on their behalf to the consular office of the Chinese Embassy in Malta. Appointments are not required. Interviews may be required by the officer if necessary.

Fees (€)

The embassy has not accepted cash payment from 1st March, 2011, either of the following methods of payment will be accepted by the Embassy.
1) Counter Payment: calling at the BOV branch network with pink Pickup Form to effect payment
2) Online Payment: using BOV internet banking to effect payment
The consular officer will give you instructions on payment when you submit your application at the consular office.

Fee for Regular Service (4 working days processing)

Types Maltese Citizens U.S. Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry 60 88 26
Double-Entry 60 88 39
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 60 88 52
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 60 88 78

Extra Fee for Express Service

2-3 working days processing 18
1 working day processing 26

 Please contact Embassy of Malta in PRC if this country's people are in distress there.

 Related China Embassies in Europe: Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. francis 
Greetings, I applied a university and i have got my admission letter and other document for my application. Please i would like to know what type of visa should i apply for and also what document would i need to attached to my document for me to able secure it. Thanks.

 Answered by Ms. Lilian 
Mr.francis, you should apply for Student X
(1) Application for Study in China (JW 101 or JW202 Form) from an authorized governmental apparatus/organization;
(2) Admission Letter from your university
(3) The original passport with validity more than six months and more than 2 blank pages;
(4) One fully completed application form in Chinese or English, attached with one of the applicant's recent color photograph (30mm X 40mm)

  Asked by Ms. Judy Ng
I am holding a Malta passport and plan to travel to Tibet next month. Please advise if it is necessary for me to apply Visa. The lenght of stay is 11 days in Tibet.

 Answered by Ms. Betty(Singapore)
You do need to apply for a tourist L. If you will go to Tibet, you will also need a Tibet travel permit, you should join in a tour group organized by a qualified travel agency who will arrange a Tibet Travel Permit for you.

- Last modified on Jan. 13, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Malta
Asked by Paul Mizzi from MALTA | Jan. 11, 2019 11:56Reply
documents required with submission of printed Visa application
Dear Sir/Madam,
We are visiting China next March and have applied online for our type L.
Can you please list the documents that we are required to submit together with our printed application form?
Thanks and regards,
Answers (1)
Answered by Richard from UKRAINE | Jan. 13, 2019 19:21

You may need to prepare all the required documents including passport and its copy, a completed application form attached with passport-style photo, travel itinerary, round trip air tickets and hotel reservation as well as others.
Asked by Judith from MALTA | Dec. 20, 2018 05:27Reply
I am from Malta and want to teach in China
Hello I am a Maltese citizen and I have been offered a job teaching English in China. I have a degree and TEFL certification and less than 1 year working experience as a teacher but on the whole I have been working for 4 years while studying for my degree. What type of entry permit should I get please?
Answers (3)
Answered by Maria from DJIBOUTI | Dec. 20, 2018 18:59

If you can get a work permit from the employer in mainland China, you can apply for a work Z type from your country.
Answered by Judith from MALTA | Dec. 21, 2018 03:19

But to give me the work permit I need 2 years teaching experience and I only have 6 months teaching experience. Can you tell me what I should do and which entry permit to go for? When I called the embassy they said they can only give me a visa for 30 days than I could get another one from the public security bureau in China but 30 days is too little for the employer.
Answered by Noah from UNITED KINGDOM | Dec. 23, 2018 17:23

49. Usually, 2-year work experience is needed when you apply for the work Z type. Maybe you can find an agency to help. Good luck.
Asked by Keith Fulcher from MALTA | Dec. 11, 2018 22:59Reply
I am British, living in Malta, and hold my 2nd 2 year multi entry visa
When I went to Guangzhou earlier this year I married my Chinese girlfriend. We have a baby girl born in Guangzhou. Our baby holds a British Passport and we are obtaining the one year exit visa for her. My family are coming here early next year to live. What sort of entry permit will I and our baby require for future visits to my in-laws. Regards. Keith Fulcher
Answers (1)
Answered by Edwin from FINLAND | Dec. 11, 2018 23:05

If you want to stay in mainland China, you can apply for family Q type for your baby for that.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)