Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Ireland
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Mr. Xu Jianguo
Address: 40 Ailesbury Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Ireland
Address: 118 Merrion Road, Dublin 4
Tel: +353-1-2196651 (available between 15:00-16:00 from Tuesday to Thursday)
Office Hour: 09:00 -12:00, Monday-Thursday (except holidays)
Basic Documents for Application
(1) One legibly, truly, completely filled Application Form
(2) One recent color passport photograph glued on the Application Form
(3) Applicant's original passport with blank pages and at least 6 months remaining validity
(4) Non-Irish Passport Holders who reside or work in Ireland also need to provide Residence and Work Permission
(5) For a child accompanying with the applicant, please offer the photo of the child
Other Requirements for Tourist (L)
(1) For sightseeing in Mainland of China, Round Trip Ticket, Confirmation of Hotel Reservation or Travel Itinerary is required.
(2) For Visiting Tibet, a Tibet Entry Permit from Tibetan Tourist Bureau is required. You'd better contact a Chinese Travel Agency to send an Entry Permit to you before submitting application.
About Hong Kong & Macau Visa
Irish Passport Holders are exempt from a visa to visit Hong Kong for up to 90 days, and Macau for up to 90 days.
Important Notice about Change of Payment
From April 1st, 2010 Consular Department of the Embassy will only accept bank draft issued by Bank of Ireland or Allied Irish Bank, or post order issued by An Post, payable to the Embassy, the denomination of the currency being euro only. Cash or any form of company cheque are not acceptable.
1. Regular Fee in EUR per Person
|Multi-Entry for 6 Months||80||120||115||45||66|
|Multi-Entry for 12 Months||120||120||115||45||100|
2. Expedited Service Fee per Person
The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees of EUR 23 will be paid. The processing takes 2 working days.
Note: The expedited service is not available for U.S passport holders.
2017 Holiday Schedule of the Embassy
|New Year's Day||January 2||Monday|
|Chinese New Year||January 27 - 31||Friday - Tuesday|
|St. Patrick's Day||March 17||Friday|
|Labor Day||May 1||Monday|
|August Bank Holiday||August 7||Monday|
|Chinese National Day||October 2 - 4||Monday - Wednesday|
The office will also be closed on Irish Public Holidays.
Please contact Embassy of Ireland in PRC if Irishes are in distress there.
China Tour from Dublin Ireland
Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Rome, Italy, Riga, Latvia, Lithuania