China Embasy in Ireland

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Xu Jianguo
Address: 40 Ailesbury Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-2690032
Fax: +353-1-2839938
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Ireland

Address: 118 Merrion Road, Dublin 4
Tel: +353-1-2196651 (available between 15:00-16:00 from Tuesday to Thursday)
Fax: +353-1-2196647
Office Hour: 09:00 -12:00, Monday-Thursday (except holidays)

Basic Documents for Application

(1) One legibly, truly, completely filled Application Form
(2) One recent color passport photograph glued on the Application Form
(3) Applicant's original passport with blank pages and at least 6 months remaining validity
(4) Non-Irish Passport Holders who reside or work in Ireland also need to provide Residence and Work Permission
(5) For a child accompanying with the applicant, please offer the photo of the child

Other Requirements for Tourist (L)

(1) For sightseeing in Mainland of China, Round Trip Ticket, Confirmation of Hotel Reservation or Travel Itinerary is required. 

(2) For Visiting Tibet, a Tibet Entry Permit from Tibetan Tourist Bureau is required. You'd better contact a Chinese Travel Agency to send an Entry Permit to you before submitting application. 

About Hong Kong & Macau Visa

Irish Passport Holders are exempt from a visa to visit Hong Kong for up to 90 days, and Macau for up to 90 days.

Important Notice about Change of Payment

From April 1st, 2010 Consular Department of the Embassy will only accept bank draft issued by Bank of Ireland or Allied Irish Bank, or post order issued by An Post, payable to the Embassy, the denomination of the currency being euro only. Cash or any form of company cheque are not acceptable. 


Regular Fee in EUR per Person

Types Ireland America Romania Serbia  Other Countries
Single-Entry 40 120 55 45 33
Double-Entry 60 120 75 45 50
Multi-Entry for 6 Months 80 120 115 45 66
Multi-Entry for 12 Months 120 120 115 45 100
Group Visa 32 100 44 36 27

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees of EUR 23 will be paid. The processing takes 2 working days.
Note: The expedited service is not available for U.S passport holders. 


2020 Holiday Schedule of the Embassy

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Wednesday
Chinese New Year January 24 - 28 Friday - Tuesday
St. Patrick's Day March 16 Monday
May Bank Holiday May 4 Monday
August Bank Holiday August 3 Monday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 5 Thursday - Monday
Christmas December 25 Friday

 The office will also be closed on Irish Public Holidays.

 Please contact Embassy of Ireland in PRC if Irishes are in distress there.
 China Tour from Dublin Ireland
 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Rome, Italy, Riga, Latvia, Lithuania
- Last modified on Mar. 25, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on China Embasy in Ireland
Asked by Samuel from IRELAND | May. 05, 2020 08:51Reply
When can i apply for a new Chinese visa in Dublin?
Answers (1)
Answered by Carl from IRELAND | May. 06, 2020 02:40

Please keep an eye on the official website of the Chinese embassy in Ireland for the latest notice.
Asked by Seamus from IRELAND | Mar. 14, 2020 14:15Reply
Re Chinese Visa
I am due to go to China on the 4th of April but my Visa will expire on the 8th of April due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus I have to change my flight plan can I get an extension to my visa to take my trip in May this is due to cancellations of flights to some countries and by Minister of foreigners affairs and by some flights been cancelled by airlines
Answers (1)
Answered by Bonnie from CANADA | Mar. 15, 2020 20:11

No, you need to apply for a new visa if you want to enter China in May.
Asked by Emma from IRELAND | Jan. 15, 2020 05:42Reply
Visa process
Hi there,

My partner and I are travelling to Japan/China from the 23rd of May 2020 to the 8th of June (in China from the 31st of May 2020 until the 8th of June) on vacation. We are both full Irish citizens.

I have a few queries about the visa process :

1. What is required for the process?
2. We both work Monday to Friday so it is hard for us to get time off to get to the embassy. I read on your website that you hold the passport for 3-5 working days but I also seen there was an express option for an extra amount. Would we be able to avail of the express option to get everything done in the one morning?
3. How much is the single entry visa for this period of time?
Answers (1)
Answered by Jonno from IRELAND | Jan. 15, 2020 19:38

1. You need to prepare your passports, printout of online completed application forms, passport size photos, round-trip flight tickets and hotel bookings.
2. Express service takes two or three working days so it seems impossible for you to get everything done in one morning.
3. Single entry visa costs 40 euros. If you want express service, you need to pay extra 21 euros.
Asked by Emma from IRELAND | Jan. 13, 2020 00:07Reply
authorisation to pick up passport

Can you give authorisation for someone to collect your passport for you when it is with the embassy for the 4 days?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mia from IRELAND | Jan. 13, 2020 01:13

Yes, you can.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)