China Visa Application
- How to Apply for China Visa in Your Country
- Renewal and Extension Visa in China
- Apply for China Visa in a Third Country
- China Visa Application Requirements
- China Visa Fees & Costs
- Mail Service
- Visa Rejected Reasons
- FAQ about Visa Application
- China Visa Application Form (PDF Download) - Applicable to countries like US and New Zealand. Applicants of other countries please check the embassy website.
- Tourist (L) Issued to aliens who are going to PRC for tourism.
- Business (M) Issued to aliens who are going to PRC for business and trade activities.
- Student (X) Issued to aliens who are going for study, furthering studies.
- Work (Z) Issued to aliens who are going for a post or employment.
- Transit (G) Issued to aliens who are going to a third country in transit of PRC.
- Private Visit (S) Issued to family members of foreigners residing in China for work, study, etc.
- Family Reunion (Q) Issued to relatives of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence permit residing in PRC.
- Noncommercial Visit (F) Issued to aliens who are invited to a lecture, scientific-technological & cultural exchanges, study tours, etc.
- Talent (R) Issued to high-level personnel and much-needed highly talented people.
- Crew (C) Issued to crewmembers involving international-based transportation by trains, airway and ships and their accompanying family members.
- Resident (D) Issued to aliens who are going to reside permanently in PRC.
- Journalist (J-1, J-2) Issued to foreign journalists for the purpose of reporting from PRC.
Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR
Chinese Residence Permit
Do you need a visa to travel to China?
If holding an ordinary passport, you need to apply for a visa for China unless you are covered by China’s visa exemption policy, such as the 24/72/144 hours visa free transit schemes, Hainan 30-day visa-free access, visa exemption for tour groups meeting certain requirements, and visa-free entry for holders of APEC Business Travel Card. It’s worth mention that nationals of countries which have reached mutual visa-exemption agreements with China, like Singapore, Brunei, Japan, Qatar and Armenia, can also enjoy free entry to China. Those who hold a Chinese Temporary Residence Permit don’t need a visa for China either within the Residence Permit’s validity.
How to apply a visa for China?
Step 1: Read the application requirements carefully and collect all required documents.Step 2: Visit the Chinese embassy or consulate in charge of your residence district and submit the application documents. In countries where there are Chinese Visa Application Centers (CVASC), you may need to go to the CVASC. Mail service in some countries is available. Step 3: Pay the fee and collect your passport and visa on the date shown on the pick-up slip. If you use mail service, just wait for your mail.
Chinese Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
Chinese Embassy in London, UK
Chinese Embassy in Canberra, Australia
Chinese Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand
More Chinese Embassies and Consulates
You May Like
which is less then 24 Hrs. Do i need a Chinese visa to travel? I don't intend to leave the airport.
Kathmandu, Nepal--guangzhou,china(6hrs layover)---wuhan, china(2hrs techinal stop)-SFO usa
I found this on the website, is this true? "Passengers traveling with US and Canadian passports are not permitted to use the multiple-stop transit within China if transiting through Weihai (WEH) or Wuhan (WUH)".
I have a Temporary Residence Permit (work visa) but my contract is ending soon.
I'm married to Chinese national (Shanghainese) for 7 years, and have lived in China for 14 years
Can I change my work visa to Permanent Residence Permit or long-term Spouse Visa?
I am holding a work permit and a resident permit. I am French.
I decide to leave my company, but I would like to stay in China and look for another job. How long can I stay in China, after my resident permit cancellation ?