China Visa Application
- Tourist (L) Issued to aliens who are going to PRC for tourism.
- Business (M) Issued to aliens who are going to PRC for business and trade activities.
- Student (X) Issued to aliens who are going for study, furthering studies.
- Work (Z) Issued to aliens who are going for a post or employment.
- Transit (G) Issued to aliens who are going to a third country in transit of PRC.
- Private Visit (S) Issued to family members of foreigners residing in China for work, study, etc.
- Family Reunion (Q) Issued to relatives of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence permit residing in PRC.
- Noncommercial Visit (F) Issued to aliens who are invited to a lecture, scientific-technological & cultural exchanges, study tours, etc.
- Talent (R) Issued to high-level personnel and much-needed highly talented people.
- Crew (C) Issued to crewmembers involving international-based transportation by trains, airway and ships and their accompanying family members.
- Resident (D) Issued to aliens who are going to reside permanently in PRC.
- Journalist (J-1, J-2) Issued to foreign journalists for the purpose of reporting from PRC.
Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR
Chinese Residence Permit
Do you need a visa to travel to China?
If holding an ordinary passport, you need to apply for a visa for China unless you are covered by China’s visa exemption policy, such as the 24/72/144 hours visa free transit schemes, Hainan 30-day visa-free access, visa exemption for tour groups meeting certain requirements, and visa-free entry for holders of APEC Business Travel Card. It’s worth mention that nationals of countries which have reached mutual visa-exemption agreements with China, like Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, can also enjoy free entry to China. Those who hold a Chinese Temporary Residence Permit don’t need a visa for China either within the Residence Permit’s validity.
How to apply a visa for China?
Chinese Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
Chinese Embassy in London, UK
Chinese Embassy in Canberra, Australia
Chinese Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand