Crew, Resident and Journalist Visa
Crew Visa (C)
Resident Visa (D)
Journalist Visa (J-1, J-2)
The J-1 is only for 30 days from the date of arrival during which time you and your local organisation must seek a Temporary Residence Permit for the duration of your contract, to a maximum of 5 years.
1. A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and at least a blank page
2. One accurately and truthfully completed Application Form.
3. One recent passport photo glued on the application form, if the accompanying child on your passport travels with you, the child's photo is also required, and you should declare to the consular officer.
Additional Requirements for C, D, J Visas
a. Crew members from following 11 airline companies may apply for multiple entry C valid for two years: United Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, UPS, Federal Express, Polar Air Cargo, Evergreen Air Cargo, Kalitta Air Inc., Southern Air Inc. and World Airways Inc.
b. Non-regular scheduled flight, chartered flight, private plane must get the Aviation Permit before departure.
2. For Resident D, applicants should provide original and copy of the Confirmation form for foreigner's Permanent Residence Status issued by the Ministry of Public Security of the PRC.
Note: D holders are required to apply for the foreigners' residence permit within 30 days after entry at the exit/entry administration of public security organs under local governments at or above the county level in the proposed place of residence.
3. For J1 or J2, the applicant should go through formalities in accordance with relevant China's regulations or provisions, and submit the corresponding application documents. For foreign journalists coming for profession-related purposes such as news coverage, interview or reporting, the Visa Notification Letter issued by the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of PRC, and official letter signed by the head of the foreign media organization (with details as follows: name list, arrival and departure time, places of interview, content to cover, introduction of the news agency, and name/address/contact number of the news agency) are required. For applications at Chinese embassies or consulates, please contact the Press Section in advance.
Note: J1 holders shall apply for a residence permit within 30 days after entry.
How to Apply
|Entry & Validity||American Citizens||Citizens of Other Countries|
|Single Entry for 3 Months||USD 140||USD 30|
|Double Entry for 6 Months||USD 140||USD 45|
|Multiple Entries for 6 Months||USD 140||USD 60|
|Multiple Entries for 1 Year or 2 Year||USD 140||USD 90|
We wish to stay in china because of her family (parents and brother).
We require long term visa/residence
What are our options?
If you are below 60, I advise you not to apply for the visa. The thing is you need to exit before the 180-day visa-free stay duration ends and then re-enter.
Original signed passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a copy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
2.Visa Application Form (Form V.2013) and Photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a photo on glossy photo paper glued onto the form (your photo must meet the requirements).
3. The original and photocopy of the Confirmation Form for Foreigners Permanent Residence Status issued by the Ministry of Public Security of China.
You should contact the press section of the Chinese Embassy/Consulate General or the relevant press authorities in China in advance and complete relevant approval formalities before applying for J2 visa.