Home / Embassy / Visa /

8 Tips for Filling Out Chinese Visa Application Form

To avoid your China visa being rejected, applicants should figure out the best answers to the questions in the application form. Here are some tips for filling out a Chinese Visa Application Form.

1. Current Occupations and Employer/School

Section 1.15 Current Occupations & Section 1.17 Employer/School: If you choose "Self-employed", do not leave Section 1.17 blank. You need to complete this section with the name of your business and specify the nature of it. If you are unemployed at present, provide information on your previous employer or school if you are a student. If you are a housewife or retired, you can fill in the box in Section 1.17 with None (Housewife) or None (Retired).

2. Education

Section 1.16 Education: It does not matter what your answer is, unless you apply for a student visa. The best way is to check the highest level of education you have completed.

3. Major Purpose of Visit

Section 2.1 Major purpose of your visit: Select the most suitable item and make sure it matches with your application documents. If your travel is for multiple purposes, just choose one major purpose.

4. Intended Number of Entries & Duration of Stay

Section 2.2 Intended number of entries: Most applicants only need one entry valid for 3 months. Note that all Z, X1, S1, and Q1 visas are only issued as single entry. If you apply for an L, F, M, X2, S2, or Q2 visa, you may choose single-entry, double-entry, or multiple entries. Choose the one that best meets your needs. The final decision is left to the consular officer's discretion.

Section 2.5 Longest intended stay in China among all entries: For L, M, and F visas, the duration of stay is normally 30-60 days. For S2 and Q2 visa, it ranges from 30 to 120 days. Z, X, Q1, and S1 visas may allow a longer stay duration. Fill in the box according to your actual need.

5. Expected Date of Arrival in China

Section 2.4 Expected date of your first entry into China on this trip: Make sure that the date is not earlier than the date you are likely to receive the visa. If your flight itinerary will be submitted as the application document, ensure the date is consistent with it.

6. Travel Itinerary

Section 2.6 Itinerary in China: In this section, do not mention travel to Tibet and Xinjiang although you may go there. If you apply for a tourist visa, you need to provide addresses of hotels including provinces, cities, and streets. For this reason, you are advised to book refundable hotel rooms in advance. After you get the visa, it’s fine to change your itinerary and cancel the bookings.

7. Background Check

In Part 3, you need to answer truthfully the questions regarding overstaying, China visa rejection history, criminal records, diseases, etc. Honesty is important in answering these questions; otherwise you may encounter problems in the application process.

8. Only Typewritten Application Forms Are Accepted

Applicants need to fill out the application form on a computer first and then print it out. Double-sided printouts will not be accepted. Note that the signatures and dates in Part 4 and 5 must be handwritten.

- Last modified on Jan. 10, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on 8 Tips for Filling Out Chinese Visa Application Form
Asked by Denis from CANADA | Jan. 10, 2021 06:34Reply
I want to open company in China and get Z visa
I have a lot of customer in Canada and they import products from China. To have a better relation and be more effective, they ask me to open company in China and take care of the relation with factories and deal with them. It 's not as problem for open sale office and I will be paid by my own company. But as I can see I need to have bachelor degree to get Z visa or have enough points and I don't qualify for both conditions. I have 58 years old and I Have been many time in China for business and I am a specialist in my domain. I have presently M visa. Do you think it will be possible to get the Z visa in this particular situation? Since 5 years I am the primary contact for many factories with the customer in Canada. This business will facilitate the relation between factories and my customer. Thank You
Answers (1)
Answered by Juliet | Jan. 24, 2021 18:53

If you can start up your own business in China, I think it will be possible to get the Z visa of China.
Asked by Max from INDIA | Dec. 01, 2020 18:34Reply
How to get z visa with RP
Chinese embassy in delhi published this information on its website on 23rd September 2020.
“ Effective from 0 a m., 28 September 2020, foreign nationals holding valid Chinese residence permits for work, personal matters and reunion are allowed to enter China with no need for applying for new visas. If the above three categories of residence permits held by foreign nationals expired after 0 a.m., 28 March 2020, the holders may apply for relevant visas by presenting the expired residence permits and relevant materials to the Chinese embassies or consulates on the condition that the purpose of the holders' visit to China remains unchanged.” My resident permit for work expired on 31st July 2020.
Can I apply for renewal of z visa at the Chinese embassy in Delhi? I have got letter from my employer , the university in Beijing but I don’t have PU letter. I understand that currently all visas are in suspension temporarily but as soon as it’s allowed , I would like to apply for it.
Answers (1)
Answered by Rajesh | Dec. 03, 2020 23:38

After the suspension ends, you can apply for the renewal of z visa at the Chinese visa center in India, but whether the PU letter is required or not is to be determined by the consular officer.
Asked by Andriena Wharton from SPAIN | Nov. 26, 2020 08:02Reply
Over night stay on Shanghai
We are flying into Shanghai on an organised tour and staying 1 night then leaving by a cruise ship for Japan. Can we get a group visa or have to apply for an L visa
Answers (1)
Answered by Michael | Nov. 29, 2020 18:29

In normal cases, you can actually enjoy the visa-free transit policy, but now under the epidemic control situation, I'm afraid you need to get a transit visa in advance.
Asked by John C from USA | Oct. 16, 2020 08:32Reply
Acceptance for family visa
I’m applying for a family visa but not sure in which one is available at this point , I have been told many different things about what China is accepting and not accepting! I’m really confused I was visiting my wife at the beginning of this year and had to leave quickly . I have a L visa . I’m trying to apply for a family visa to be able to go visit my family until consulate paperwork is completed. I need clear understanding of possible what the embassy is allowing for travel . Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Alan | Oct. 18, 2020 20:04

John, if your wife is now working in China, you may apply for a visa to visit her. L visa is not applicable though, you need to apply for a family reunion visa.
Asked by Lance from UNITED STATES | Oct. 02, 2020 08:35Reply
Is it recommended to acquire a Q2 visa before applying for a Q1 visa?
I have heard from a Chinese agency that it is recommended to apply for a Q2 rather than Q1 visa if it is your first time going to China, as a Q1 is more likely to be rejected without prior experience. Is there any merit to this? My situation would suggest I should apply for the Q1 as I plan to stay in China long-term, but would it be better for me to start with a Q2?
Answers (1)
Answered by Lance | Oct. 02, 2020 08:36

And also, is a general health check required for a Q visa application? I know that it's required for Z visas, and right now Covid-19 tests are required for everything, but I haven't seen anything saying I need a general health check for my Q1/2 application
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)