Top 8 Reasons Why Your China Visa Gets Rejected
1. Mistakes in the China visa application form. The application form is very important because it is what the consular officer who decides to grant you a visa or not will look at. Hand-written forms are no longer accepted. Inaccurate information such as spelling errors, wrong passport numbers, or invalid addresses may lead to your visa being rejected. To avoid trouble, do not mention any plans to travel to Xinjiang and Tibet in your form.
See 8 Tips for Filling Out Chinese Visa Application Form
See Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Completing a Chinese Visa Application Form
2. The submitted photo does not meet the specifications. Inappropriate sizes, background colors, texture of the photographic paper, etc. all contribute to an unqualified photo.
3. Missing documents. Before submitting your application, check the latest application requirements for your visa type and collect all of the required documents. If any of them are missing, your application may get turned down.
4. The applicant is from a country where war, terrorist attacks, or political unrest frequently happen, or whose nationals frequently overstay their visa, or a country with strained relations with China.
5. The applicant has a criminal record. It does not mean that the application will be automatically denied, but if the applicant has committed a serious crime then there is a good chance of visa refusal. Minor offences usually do not make a difference, especially when you are just applying for a tourist visa.
6. The applicant overstayed their visa or was blacklisted in China or any other foreign country.
7. The applicant has some kind of contagious disease like AIDS or Hepatitis B. In most cases, it is not a big deal for short-term visa application such as tourist visa and business visa. However, for a work visa or a student visa, it might be an issue, though not explicitly regulated by Chinese laws.
8. Applicants who work in media, religious or military industries may expect a higher visa refusal rate as these are considered sensitive professions by the Chinese government.
Apart from the above possibilities, there are all sorts of reasons for a China visa application to be rejected. The most important thing to remember is to prove that you will obey Chinese rules and you are capable of bearing your expenses for the intended China trip. If you show this through the documents and information you provide, your visa is very likely to be approved.
What to Do after Your China Visa Was Rejected?
Calm down and don't lose your head. If permitted, you can make an appeal of the rejection and submit more details to update your application. Consular officers may decide whether to review the application on a case-by-case basis. Alternatively, you can reapply for the China visa. If you are reapplying, we recommend that you use a visa agency this time as they are more professional and familiar with the whole process.
Can I Get a Refund If My China Visa Is Denied?
Generally speaking, you cannot get a refund if your China visa is denied. The visa fee is not refundable because it is paid for the processing of your application. In spite of the results, the consular officers have spent efforts and time on the processing.
How Long to Wait before I Can Reapply?
Usually there is a cooling off period before you can reapply, often three months. However, this is not fixed. If you are in a hurry, you should contact a visa agency to help you reapply as soon as possible.
Does the number come up when the application form is completed?
Do I need to give the names and dates of all the hotels I am going to stay in?
Cant I give just the details of the 1st hotel in Beijing ?
Where do I get the application number to make an appointment?
Thank you for your reply but i am still totally in the dark .
I completed the application form , printed it , saved it , how can it then generate an application number when it has not gone anywhere and is still on my screen ?
Do i need to e - mail it and , if so , to whom ?
This is turning into a complete nightmare and i cannot see a way out.