10-year China Visa for US and Canadian Citizens
What is the 10-year China visa?
The 10-year China visa allows holders to enter China for multiple times during the validity of up to 10 years without the trouble of applying for visa again and again. Can I get a 10-year Chinese visa? You may ask. Well, currently, the multiple entry Chinese visa for 10 years is applicable to citizens from US, Canada, UK, and Argentina. The 10 years Chinese visa for Australians is on the way according to some reports, but yet not sure when to happen.
Below is some information on the 10-year China visa for US and Canadian citizens. British citizens can click to browse the page of 10-year China Visa for UK Citizens.
How long can I stay in China on a China ten-year visa?
|10-year China Visa Categories||Maximum Stay Length per Entry|
|Tourist (L)||60 days|
|Business (M)||60 days|
|Family Reunion (Q2)||90 days|
|Private Visit (S2)||120 days|
10-year China Visa Fee for US and Canadian Citizens
The 10 years China visa is not expensive than short-term Chinese visa despite its longer validity.
A 10-year China visa for US citizens costs 140 US dollars.
The 10-year Chinese visa fess for Canadian citizens is 110 Canadian dollars. However, due to the fact that Canadians have to handle it at Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC), they need to pay additional service fee to the center.
10-year China Visa Requirements & Documents
Are the requirements different from normal visa application? In general, they are quite similar to normal visa application requirements.
The required documents include:
1. A 10 years China visa application form glued with the applicant's recent photo is needed. Remember that the application form should be typewritten. When filling the form, you need to tick Other in Section 2.2 and specify 10 years in the space after.
2. A valid passport is required. For US citizens, the remaining validity should be at least one year. For Canadian citizens, the remaining validity should be longer than the expected length of visa.
3. Documents to support your entry purpose. For example, if you apply for a tourist visa, you may need to provide round trip air tickets and hotel booking records for the first entry or an invitation letter from your friends or family members in China.
How to apply for a 10-year Visa to China
After all the documents are ready, you can head for the Chinese consular office in charge of your residence address and normally you don't have to make an appointment. For Canadian citizens, they need to go to the CVASC. It’s advised to make an appointment on the website of CVASC to save queue time. Then just wait for the result for about four working days and collect your passport and visa on the date shown on your pick-up slip.
1. Can US and Canadian citizens actually get the 10-year China visa?
For US citizens, yes; while for Canadian citizens, it depends on the remaining validity of their passports because the longest validity of the visa shall not exceed the remaining validity of the passport. That is, if a Canadian's passport is not valid for more than 10 years, he or she cannot get a 10-year China visa.
2. For the 10-year L visa, do I need to show flight and hotel arrangements each time of entry?
No, you just need to show flight and hotel arrangements for the first entry.
3. If my passport expires within ten years, will my 10-year China visa also expire?
For US citizens, the 10-year China visa is still valid and they can enter China by carrying both your old and new passports, provided that the personal details on both passports are consistent. While for Canadians, their visa expires along with their passport.
4. Can I work on a 10-year China visa?
Definitely not. If you are on a 10-year M visa, you can conduct commercial activities, but it is not equivalent to taking a job in China.
10-year China Visa for Argentine Citizens
In Argentina, the 10-year Chinese visa is only for Tourist (L) and Business (M) purposes, with the price being 2,470 pesos. The passport should be valid for at least six months when submitting the application. The max. stay length is 90 days after each entry.