Home / Embassy / Visa /

10-year China Visa

What is the 10-year China visa?

The 10-year China visa allows holders to enter China for multiple times during the validity of up to 10 years without the trouble of applying for visa again and again. At present, China issues 10-year multiple entry visa to citizens from the US, Canada, and Argentina.

Who is eligible for a 10-year China visa?

Can I get a 10-year Chinese visa? You may ask. Well, currently, the multiple entry Chinese visa for 10 years is applicable to all citizens from US, Canada, and Argentina. For citizens from other countries, it’s not available yet. The 10 years Chinese visa for British and Australians is on the way according to some reports, but yet not sure when to happen.

How long can I stay in China on a China ten-year visa?

Nationalities 10-year China Visa Categories Maximum Stay Length per Entry
US / Canada Tourist (L) 60 days
Business (M) 60 days
Family Reunion (Q2) 90 days
Private Visit (S2) 120 days
Argentina Tourist (L) / Business (M) 90 days

10-year China Visa Fee

The 10 years China visa is not expensive than short-term Chinese visa despite its longer validity.

A 10-year China visa for US citizens costs 140 US dollars.

The 10-year Chinese visa for Canadian citizens costs 110 Canadian dollars. However, due to the fact that Canadians have to handle it at Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC), they need to pay additional service fee to the center.

In Argentina, the 10-year Chinese visa price is 2,470 pesos.

10-year China Visa Requirements & Documents

Are the requirements different from normal visa application? In general, they are quite similar to normal visa application requirements. A 10 years China visa application form glued with the applicant’s recent photo is needed. Remember that the application form should be typewritten. When filling the form, you need to tick Other in Section 2.2 and specify 10 years in the space after.

10-year China visa application form

Plus, a valid passport is required. For Argentineans, the passport should be valid for at least six months. For US citizens, the remaining validity should be at least one year. For Canadian citizens, the remaining validity should be as long as possible.

Besides, you should prepare documents to support your entry purpose. For example, if you apply for a tourist visa, you may need to provide round trip air tickets and hotel booking records for the first entry or an invitation letter from your friends or family members in China.

How to apply for a 10-year Visa to China

After all the documents are ready, you can head for the Chinese consular office in charge of your residence address and normally you don’t have to make an appointment. For Canadian citizens, they need to go to the CVASC. It’s advised to make an appointment on the website of CVASC to save queue time. Then just wait for the result for about four working days and collect your passport and visa on the date shown on your pick-up slip.


 1. Is the 10-year China visa actually valid for ten years?
 For US and Argentina citizens, the validity of the visa is exactly 10 years; while for Canadian citizens, it depends on the remaining validity of their passports because the longest validity shall not exceed the remaining validity.

 2. For the 10-year L visa, do I need to show flight and hotel arrangements each time of entry?
 No, you just need to show flight and hotel arrangements for the first entry.

 3. If my passport expires within ten years, will my 10-year China visa also expire?
 No, your 10-year China visa is still valid. You can enter China by carrying both your old and new passports, provided that your personal details on both passports are consistent. While for Canadians, their visa expires along with their passport.

 4. Can I work on a 10-year China visa?
 Definitely not. If you are on a 10-year M visa, you can conduct commercial activities, but it is not equivalent to taking a job in China.

- Last modified on Oct. 19, 2018 -
Questions & Answers on 10-year China Visa
Asked by Frederick Crook from USA | Oct. 19, 2018 07:07Reply
10 Year Chinese Tourist Visa
I currently have a 10 year Chinese Tourist Visa. Will applying for a 30 day Chinese business visa invalidate my current 10 year Chinese Tourist visa?

Thank you,

Dr. Frederick Crook
Asked by thomas gatrell from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 18, 2018 12:57Reply
marrying a Chinese woman in China.
can this be done on a 30 day tourist visa?--and if so what are the limitations for future visitation / residence rights to be with ones Chinese wife in China?
Answers (1)
Answered by Wilder from GERMANY | Oct. 18, 2018 19:51

You can get married in China under a tourist L type. After that you can try to change your L type into a family Q type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. If it can be done, you don't have to go back to your country to apply for that.
Asked by thomas gatrell from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 18, 2018 11:58Reply
is it fairly straight forward to marry a chinese national in china and retire ?
does this entail qualifying for a retirement visa prior to marrying your chosen prospective chinese wife?
Answers (1)
Answered by Fitch from BELGIUM | Oct. 18, 2018 19:50

After you marry a chinese wife, you can apply for a family Q1 type from the CVASC in your country. If it can succeed, you can go to China to apply for a residence permit to live in there.
Asked by Winnie from CANADA | Oct. 17, 2018 11:42Reply
Visa for Canadian but will be elsewhere in Asia before China
My husband and I, with our 8 year old, are on a 6 month trip that will start in Malaysia in mid-Feb 2019 so we'll be leaving Canada at that time. However, we plan to start the China portion of our trip on May 18. Since it's recommended to apply for our China Visa 1 month in advance but no earlier than 3 months in advance, what is our best option if we want this looked after before we leave for our trip? I'm assuming a 10 year entry permit is our best bet even if we're unlikely to return within that time (although you never know). Thanks!
Answers (1)
Answered by Solomon from FRANCE | Oct. 17, 2018 23:02

If so, you can try to apply for a 10-year tourist L type before your departure.
Asked by Patty from UNITED STATES | Oct. 16, 2018 04:55Reply
I have pearl earrings on in my passport picture. Is this acceptable for visa photo?
Answers (1)
Answered by Day from SAN MARINO | Oct. 16, 2018 23:06

I think that's acceptable. If you are still worried, you can contact the China embassy to confirm that.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)
media recommendationfeatured on media