10-Year China Visa for UK Citizens
How long can I stay in China on a 10-year visa?
|Visa Type||Max. Stay Duration after Each Entry|
|Tourist (L)||60 days|
|Business (M)||60 days|
|Private Visit (S2)||120 days|
|Family Reunion (Q2)||90 days|
Who are eligible for a 10-year China visa?
The 10-year Tourist (L), Business (M), or Private Visit (S2) visa is available for all UK citizens provided that they have been granted a 5-year China visa before.
Therefore, for many applicants, actually the first step is to get a 5-year China visa by meeting either of the following requirements:
1. The applicant has been granted two or more 2-year China visas by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in UK.
2. The applicant has been granted one China visa with the validity of two or more years, and has visited China for at least three times each year in the past two years.
However, British spouses and children of Chinese citizens, and spouses and children of British Chinese, with the invitation from their Chinese family members can directly apply for a 10-year Q2 visa once they meet the above requirements.
What documents do I need to prepare?
1. A valid passport with the remaining validity of at least six months. It means your passport may expire during the validity of your 10-year China visa. In such a case, you can travel with both passports to enter China, saving the trouble of applying for a new visa.
2. A printed application form which has been completed online on the website of the CVASC center.
3. Documents justifying for your reasons for the travel, for instance, round-trip tickets and hotel booking for tourism purpose, an invitation letter from your business partner in China for commercial purpose…
How to apply for 10-year China visa in UK?
1. Navigate to the website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC). On the homepage, select the CVASC in London, Manchester, Edinburgh or Belfast according to their service areas.
2. Complete the Chinese Visa Application Form on the website of the respective CVASC office. Then print it out and sign on it.
3. Collect other documents such as your passport, round-trip tickets, hotel bookings…
4. Make an online appointment on the above-mentioned website. Note that it's compulsory to do so if you apply for China visa from the CVASC in UK.
5. Submit your application to the CVASC on the appointed date and pay the visa fee.
6. Collect your visa on the date shown on your pick-up slip.
How much does a 10-year China visa for UK citizens cost?
|Visa Type||Regular Service||Express Service||Postal Return|
|10-year||321 pounds||352 pounds||345 pounds|
|5-year||236 pounds||267 pounds||260 pounds|
You May Like
My partner (French) is about to sign a contract to work in China (Shanghai) for 3 years. I have my own online business and I don’t want to find employment in China. What kind of visas should I get if I want to live in China with my partner? Or at least spend 90 days visits on a regular basis? I am a UK passport holder.
On the Q1 visa do you need to leave the country every 90 days still?
Which visa should I apply for?
How and where?
Hi I am a British Citizen Living in Germany and previously held a 5 year Residence & Work Permit for China.
As a British Citizen, can I apply for a 10 year Visa at the Consulate General in Münich ?