China Consulate in Manchester, UK

 Visa Application Form of PRC
 Procedure for Application at CVASC/by Post

Consul General: Mr. Li Yongsheng
Denison House, 71 Denison Road, Rusholme, Manchester M14 5RX, United Kingdom
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Districts:
Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire, Tyne and Wear, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Durham and Derbyshire

Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Manchester

Inquiry Tel: +44-0161-2248672 (answered by staff during 14:00-16:30, Monday to Friday, except for public holidays) 
Tel: +44-0161-2247443 (Chinese citizen consular assistance only, not for general inquiry)
Fax: +44-0161-2572672
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Important Notice about Application

From July 7th, 2009, all the ordinary passport holders must submit applications to the Centre (CVASC), and the General Consulate of PRC in Manchester doesn't accept any application from ordinary passport holders. 

CVASC is a commercial entity completely independent from the Consulate General in Manchester, neither its consular office, nor part of it, nor its subordinate. CVASC has no involvement in the visa assessment and decision-making process. Whether a visa is to be issued or not, and what type is to be issued as well as its period of validity, number of entry and duration of stay shall be decided by the consular office in the light of China's relevant laws and regulations.

CVASC collects visa fees from each applicant on behalf of the Consulate General, and at the same time charge each applicant a fee for its service regardless of approval or rejection of his or her visa application. The applicants are strongly encouraged to make online appointment at CVASC's website to shorthen their waiting time at the center.

Detailed Information about CVASC

Address: First Floor, 75 Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3HR 
Business Hours: Monday - Friday
Submission: 09:00-15:00                     
Payment and collection: 9:00-16:00
Tel: 0161 236 1070                                 
Fax: 0161 244 5883    

By Metrolink tram: St Peter's Square or Mosley Street stations are the nearest Metrolink stations. Both are on the Altrincham and Eccles lines.

By bus: Nearest bus stops are St Peter's Square or Piccadilly Gardens.

By car: Manchester is ringed by the M60, linking to the UK's extensive motorway network. Follow signs to the city centre. Car parking is available at the NCP car parks on Chepstow Street, Faulkner Street or Sackville Street. All are within five minutes of the centre. The nearest disabled parking is on Nicholas Street or Princess Street, approximately 60m from the main entrance.

By taxi: The drop off point could be the crossover between Princess Street and Mosley Street.

Map of the Consulate

Address: Denison House, 71 Denison Road, Rusholme, Manchester M14 5RX, United Kingdom

The Consulate-General of the PRC is located in the south of Manchester. Go from the City Center, Piccadilly Gardens (close to Piccadilly Railway Station); take Bus No. 41, 42, 142 or 143 to get off at Rusholme; walk eastward through Park Crescent, and then go along Denison Road. Look at the map for detailed information.

 Recommended Tours:
China Tours from UK
China Tour from Manchester UK

- Last modified on Jan. 15, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulate in Manchester
Asked by Pete Andrews from UK CHINA | Aug. 07, 2020 02:54Reply
Family Visa
I am contacting in regards to obtaining a Family invitation visa to return to China. My Visa is currently an X1 visa, as I am a PhD student with UCAS. I hold a resident permit and this is due to expire August 15th 2020.

Me and my fiancé are due to get married, but I am stuck in the UK. I have heard that it is possible to get a Family invitation visa. Can I get a family invitation visa as we are due to marry directly on my return to Beijing?


Answers (1)
Answered by Rita from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 10, 2020 00:27

Since you are not married yet, I'm afraid you can't apply for a family invitation visa.
Asked by JAMES HUGHES from UNITED KINGDOM | Jul. 13, 2020 02:07Reply
Current visa, is it still valid
I have a 2 year visa valid until May 2021, is it still going to be valid for travel later in the year or have the Chinese cancelled all visas and I would have to apply for a new one
Answers (1)
Answered by Oliver from SPAIN | Jul. 15, 2020 20:32

James, this visa is still valid. Once China opens its border, you can enter with this visa.
Asked by Gary Sanderson from GB | Jun. 30, 2020 09:21Reply
I am a British citizen who has been living and working in Shanghai for 20 years. See below..
I am a British citizen who has been living and working in Shanghai for 20 years. In Feb this year, I returned to UK for a brief visit and since, I hv been unable to return to China due to restrictions re world C19 situation.
I need to return to Shanghai asap, but I don't know if I will be able to gain entry into China due to the pandemic. I have a valid Work permit (cat B) and a valid visa …. please can anyone tell me whether or not I will be allowed into China when I plan to go there late July? Any quarantine on arrival? Thank you.
Answers (1)
Answered by Janet from USA | Jul. 05, 2020 22:53

Gary, sorry, at present, foreigners are not allowed to enter China. Please check this with the Chinese embassy in UK.
Asked by Ellie Slater from UNITED KINGDOM | Jan. 15, 2020 01:09Reply
Can we get a visa to travel in one day
We are UK citizens who are residents in Portugal. We aim to go to China in March 2020 on a 14 day tour. We need visas and will be flying from Manchester so we want to come to Manchester then collect the visas and then fly on our holiday. Is this possible? We don’t want to spend a long time in Manchester but need to be able to get the visas quickly. It takes 4 days to get them in Lisbon and we don’t live anywhere near Lisbon. We want to know the best solution.
Answers (1)
Answered by Anna from UNITED KINGDOM | Jan. 15, 2020 19:24

Ellie, sorry, you can't get a visa in Manchester in one day. Even the express service takes 3 working days. I would advise you to apply from Manchester, and stay there for a few days to wait for the visa.
Asked by Marie from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 26, 2019 12:37Reply
Uk citizen - visa requirements for Shekou
We are going on a cruise in March 2020 which stops in Shekou for 9 hours only. If we don’t get off the ship, do we still need to get visa for China?
Answers (3)
Answered by Ellen from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 27, 2019 19:40

Marie, so what is your route? If your immediately stops before and after Shekou are different and do not belong to China, you don't need the visa.
Answered by Marie from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 28, 2019 01:35

Thank you for such a quick response. The stop before Shekou is Singapore and the stop after Shekou is Hong Kong.
Answered by Marie from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 28, 2019 02:56

..sorry also meant to say that after Hong Kong we stop in Taiwan With our final destination being Japan
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)