China Embassy in U.K.

 Visa Application Form of PRC
 Application Procedure and Fee

Ambassador: Mr. Liu Xiaoming
Address: 49 Portland Place, London W1B 1JL, UK
Tel: +44-020-72994049 (General Line) 
Office Hours:  09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except British and Chinese Holidays)
Website: http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in UK

Address: 31 Portland Place, London W1B 1QD
Tel: +44-020-76311430 (Answer phone 09:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00)
Fax: +44-020-74369056
Email: visa@chinese-embassy.org.uk
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00 Monday-Friday (except holidays)
The Station Nearby: Great Portland Street Station, Regent's Park Station , Oxford Street Station

Consular Districts of Chinese Embassy/Consulates in UK

Embassy/Consulate General Consular Districts
Embassy of PRC in London Except the consular district of Consulates in Manchester, Edinburgh, other regions are the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy in London.
Consulate General of PRC in Edinburgh Scotland, Northern Ireland
Consulate General of PRC in Manchester Greater Manchester, Durham, Derbyshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear

Notice for Application

CVASC is responsible for receiving applications to mainland China from all ordinary passport holders who are UK citizens and citizens of other countries. It collects visa fees on behalf of the Embassy and the Consulate General. Currently, there are three branches in London, Manchester and Edinburgh. The applicants who apply in London are required to make online appointment at http://www.visaforchina.org/. If they apply in Manchester and Edinburgh, they can directly submit their applications to the centers. However, they are still strongly advised to make online appointment in advance to guarantee a short waiting time.

For people who apply for Diplomatic/Service/Courtesy Visa, Visa and Enter Permit to Hong Kong/Macao, they still submit their application to the embassy or consulate directly. 

CVASC in London

Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Submission); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Address: 12 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8DP
Tel: 020-7710 6000
Fax: 020-7710 6001
E-mail: ukcentre@visaforchina.org

CVASC in Manchester

Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Submission); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Address: First Floor, 75 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HR
Tell: 016-1236 1070
Fax: 016-1244 5883
Email: manchestercentre@visaforchina.org

CVASC in Edinburgh

Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Submission); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Address: 2nd Floor, Exchange Tower,19 Canning Street, City of Edinburgh, EH3 8EG
Tel: 0131 2292519     
Fax: 0131 2291598
E-mail:  edinburghcentre@visaforchina.org

Major Visa Types & Requirements

Types Purpose
Tourist (L) It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for sight-seeing.
Business (M) It is issued to those who intend to go there for commercial and trade activities.
Noncommercial Visit (F) It is issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
Employment/Work (Z) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for employment or work.
Student (X)

It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for study.
X1 is for those who plan to stay for more than 6 months, while X2 is issued for short stay.

Private Visit (S) It is issued to family members who intend to visit the foreigners with Work Z or student X in PRC, or to those who intend to go to PRC for other private affairs.
Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in PRC.
Transit (G) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for transit to another country/region.
Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visas 1. UK citizens are exempt from Hong Kong visa if they go to Hong Kong for visit or sightseeing for less than 180 days.
2. UK citizens are exempt from Macao visa for up to 180 days.

 Procedure for Application at CVASC      Visa Fees
 UK citizens can now apply for a 10-year China visa with multiple entries, if they plan to visit China for the purposes of tourism, commercial or business activities, and short-term family visits. Compared with regular visas, the required documents are the same while the price is higher.

Meanwhile, the 5-year multiple-entry China visa is now also available for UK citizens.

2019 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC in London

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Tuesday
Chinese New Year February 4 & 5 Monday & Tuesday
Good Friday April 19 Friday
Easter Monday April 22 Monday
Early May Bank Holiday May 6 Monday
Spring Bank Holiday May 27 Monday
Summer Bank Holiday August 26 Monday
Mid-Autumn Festival September 13 Friday
Chinese National Holiday October 1 - 3 Tuesday - Thursday
Christmas Day December 25 Wednesday
Boxing Day December 26 Thursday
Note: The holiday arrangement of the CVASC may be different. Please log on their official website for detailed holiday notice.

 Please contact Embassy of U.K. in China if British are in problems there. 

 Recommended Tours:
China Tours from UK
China Tour from London UK
China Tour from Manchester UK

 Other Chinese Embassies in Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus
- Last modified on Nov. 06, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in U.K.
Asked by Tom from ENGLAND | Nov. 06, 2019 03:50Reply
Do I have to submit in person?
If I am applying for a Z visa, do I have to submit then documents in person, or can somebody else do it for me? I do not live in London but my dad works there, can I give the documents to him to submit?

thank you
Answers (2)
Answered by Jerry from UNITED KINGDOM | Nov. 06, 2019 18:37

Please be aware that from 17th December 2018 onward, the visa centres in the UK will take a photograph and capture fingerprints for each applicant who are aged 14 to 70 inclusive when the applicants submit their applications at the Centre. Therefore, I think you need to submit the application in person.
Answered by Tom from UK | Nov. 07, 2019 05:32

Right okay thank you
Asked by Kev from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 24, 2019 08:49Reply
Visa requirements
Hi we are travelling from Australia to Beijing in Jan 2020 , we are a family of four 2 adults 2 children 16&13 do we need a visa as it looks like a cost of £600+ we are visiting for 4 days and then from Beijing we ar3 travelling home to United Kingdom, thanks for your help Zupan !!
Answers (1)
Answered by Reck from USA | Oct. 27, 2019 23:09

Kev, as long as your route is Australia - Beijing - UK, and you don't have other layovers in mainland China, you can enjoy the 144h visa-free transit, providing that all of you hold a British passport.
Asked by Charlie from UK | Oct. 16, 2019 13:21Reply
China tourist visa fees for Malaysian passport holder travelling from London to Xiamen for holiday.
I am a Malaysian passport holder intending to fly from London Heathrow to Xiamen for 7 days holiday in November 2019. How much is the China tourist visa fees?
Answers (1)
Answered by Tina from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 17, 2019 19:56

If you apply from the CVASC in London, the fee is 94 pounds.
Asked by Ruth Exton from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 14, 2019 02:05Reply
My son lives in China, about to marry. I need to get Visa's for me and my daughter.
Hi my son works as a teacher in China, and he is about to marry a Chinese citizen (lady). I need to get Visa's for myself and my daughter. Can you tell me which one I need and how much they cost. Thank you.
Answers (1)
Answered by Samantha from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 14, 2019 19:27

You will need a tourist visa. The cost for each of you is 151 pounds.
Asked by Frances from SPAIN | Oct. 12, 2019 23:32Reply
Applying for a visa with uk passport in another country
I am hoping to visit my son and his family in China but need to know if I can obtain a visa from the embassy in Madrid in Spain as I now spend most of the year over here instead of going back to uk.
Answers (2)
Answered by Josey from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 14, 2019 19:25

Yes, you can have a try at the CVASC in Madrid.
Answered by Fran from SPAIN | Oct. 17, 2019 11:41

I can only get a visa if I have Spanish residency so I have to go back to U.K. to get one
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)