Chinese Embassy in Austria

 From March 14, 2024 to end of 2025, China implements a 15-day visa-free policy for Austrian citizens. Austrian ordinary passport holders can enter China without visa application for business, travelling, family visits, and transit.

Ambassador: Mr. Qi Mei
Address: Metternichgasse 4, A-1030 Vienna (Wien), Austria


Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Austria

Address: Neulinggasse 29, Stiege 1, 3.Stock, 1030 Vienna (Wien)
Tel: +43-1-7103648, manual service from 14:00 - 16:30 on Tuesday and Thursday.
Fax: +43-1-7136816
Office Hours:
08:30-11:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (except holidays)
14:00 - 16:00 on Friday (except holidays) 

CVASC in Vienna

China Visa Application Service Center accepts visa applications from Austria citizens or citizens of other countries staying in Austria with appropriate legal status.

Address: Schönbrunner Straße 108,Top 1.01,1050 Wien
Tel: +43 1 544 3601 from Monday to Friday 09:00-12:00,13:00-15:00 (except public holidays)
Office hours:
Urgent and Express Service Visa: 9:00-13:00
Ordinary service visa applications: 9:00-14:30
Pick-up time: 09:00-16:00

Visa Application Fees

Regular Fee (Euro)

Types Normal Express Urgent
Austria and Shengen States 45 66 76
The USA 129 150 160
Canada 55 76 86
Argentina 105 126 136
Brazil 86 107 117
Third Countries Single Entry 25 46 56
Double Entries 38 59 69
Multiple Entries in 6 Months 53 74 84
Multiple Entries in 12 Months 75 96 106
Note:  The fees above are available from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.

Service Fee of the CVASC

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
Urgent Service (2 working days) 102
Express Service (3 working days) 90

2024 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC in Vienna

Public Holiday Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Monday
Chinese New Year February 12 - 13 Monday - Tuesday
Easter April 1 Monday
International Labor Day May 1 Wednesday
Ascension Day May 9 Thursday
Whitsunday May 20 Monday
Corpus Christi  May 30 Thursday
Dragon Boat Festival June 10 Monday
Assumption Day August 15 Thursday
Chinese National Day September 30, October 1 - 2 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
All Saints' Day November 1 Friday
Christmas Day December 25 - 27 Wednesday - Friday

2024 Holiday Schedule of Chinese Embassy in Austria

Public Holiday Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Monday
Chinese New Year February 12 - 13 Monday - Tuesday
Easter April 1 Monday
Dragon Boat Festival June 10 Monday
Chinese National Day September 30, October 1 - 2 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Christmas Day December 25 - 27 Wednesday - Friday

 Please contact Embassy of Austria in China if Austrians are in distress there.

 Related China Embassies in Europe: Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. CHRISTIAN
I am Nigerian citizen, residencing here, I would like to take short visit to China base on varification and tie up business trade proposal, What are my requirment?

 Answered by Mr. Leo
A tourist visa is required for your entry into China. Since you are a foreign passport holder, besides the basic documents (valid passport, application form, photo), you should also hold a valid Austrian visa or resident permit. Other materials such as flight tickets, confirmation of hotel reserve and your bank statement of last 3 months may also be required.

  Asked by Mr. Puhl
Hi, I would like to do a 3 month internship in Hong Kong. I do not need a visa for visits and business for 3 month. But does that include internships? Or do I need an extra visa? Thank you for your Time.

 Answered by Mr. Nicholas 
You are free of visa to Hk for 90 days not 3 months.
I'm not sure whether that include intership, you can confirm this with the Immigration Department by enquiry hotline at (852) 2824 6111 or by fax at (852) 2877 7711

- Last updated on May. 07, 2024 by Brenda Lian -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Austria
Asked by Giovanni from UNITED KINGDOM | Apr. 09, 2021 09:58Reply
Italian citizen, UK resident. can I travel to China transiting from Vienna? London, Vienna Shanghai?
How can I deal with Covid test requested from Chinese government?
how do I get the QR code to fly to China?
do I have to arrive in Vienna and quarantine then fly to China?
thanks for help
Answers (1)
Answered by Annie | Apr. 18, 2021 23:07

Yes, you can, but you had better confirm this with the embassy before leaving.
Asked by carmelo from ITALY | Jan. 20, 2021 04:04Reply
travel vienna -shanghai
I am an Italian citizen holding a valid RP and WP please confirm whether I can go to China from vienna .
Answers (1)
Answered by Andy | Jan. 24, 2021 23:57

Carmelo, when did you get this residence permit, dear?
Asked by Sophie I. from UNITED KINGDOM | Dec. 31, 2020 13:54Reply
Austrian Citizen living in UK - Want to travel to China as a tourist
I hold Austrian citizenship and have an Austrian Passport but I permanently reside in the UK. I wish to enter China as a tourist. What visa and documents do I need?

Many thanks
Answers (1)
Answered by Jenny | Jan. 04, 2021 00:07

You need to get a tourist visa. The documents include your passport, application form, recent photo, a copy of your residence permit of UK, and round-trip tickets and hotel bookings.
Asked by Elisa from ITALY | Nov. 22, 2019 12:09Reply
Non-resident visa
I'm Italian but currently studying at Salzburg University. Can I apply for touristic visa in Vienna? Which documents I require besides passport, application form and photos?
Answers (1)
Answered by Bonnie from AUSTRIA | Nov. 24, 2019 22:36

Yes, you can. Besides the above documents, you need to provide a visa for Austria, and round-trip tickets and hotel bookings.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)