Home / Embassy / Visa /

China Visa Fees

China visa fees vary enormously according to your nationality, the number of entries required, the country you are applying in, and whether you want an express service. Generally the cost is $140 for an American citizen, and for citizens of other countries, the fee ranges from $30 to $90. It is normally paid on visa collection, but in some localities it must be paid when you apply.

In most countries, the embassy and consulate charge fees according to the number of entries on the issued visa. Usually, the more entries you get, the more expensive your visa is. While for some countries, like the US, UK, and Canada, citizens need to pay a fixed fee no matter how many entries they apply for. Besides, extra money is required for express services.

Countries Exempt from China Visa Fees

Albania Bosnia Bulgaria Maldives
Micronesia Pakistan Slovakia the Republic of Montenegro

China Visa Price List for Some Major Countries

Country 1 Entry 2 Entries
Australia * AUD 109.5 AUD 139.5
Brazil BRL 460 BRL 460
Canada * CAD 142 CAD 142
France *
EUR 126 
EUR 126
Germany * EUR 125.45 EUR 125.45
India * INR 5,552 INR 7,502
Ireland EUR 40 EUR 60
Italy * EUR 127.1 EUR 127.1
Japan * JPY 8,000 JPY 10,000
Netherlands * EUR 126.55 EUR 126.55
New Zealand NZD 140 NZD 210
Mexico MXN 730 MXN 1,090
Poland PLN 220 PLN 220
Russia SUR 3,300 SUR 6,600
Singapore * SGD 85 SGD 95
Spain * EUR 126.55 EUR 126.55
United Kingdom * GBP 151 GBP 151
United States of America USD 140 USD 140 

1. The fees listed here only apply to those who apply in their own country rather than in a third country.
2. For countries marked with *, citizens must apply through the Chinese Visa Application Service Center, also called CVASC. The fees shown in the table include the cost of visa to China, the service fee charged by CVASC, and tax as well. In some countries, tax varies in different regions, so there might be slight change in the China visa fees.
3. For details of China visa fees in your country, please click the link of Chinese Embassies and Consulates.

The application fees of China Visa on Arrival and the cost of getting or renewing a visa at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China are the same as a single-entry visa, ie., CNY 168 for most countries.

China Visa Cost for Application from Visa Agents

They operate in China and in some other countries. At the simplest they can take over your application and handle it for you. This is convenient if you do not live in a city where there is a consulate, or if your situation is more complex, especially when you apply within China.

Visa agents will be helpful for they can provide supporting documents such as invitation letters. The agent is genuine in being able to deliver the application more flexibly than the individual applicants. A disadvantage is that they will charge higher fees from you.

Further reading: How much is a 10-year visa to China?

Currently, only US, Canada, and Argentina citizens are eligible for the 10-year multiple-entry China visa. The fee is:
US Canada Argentina
140 US dollars About 142 Canadian dollars 2,470 pesos
- Last modified on Dec. 10, 2018 -
Questions & Answers on China Visa Fees
Asked by Gsel from PHILIPPINES | Dec. 09, 2018 13:15Reply
Philippines passport holder coming from Canada to Philippines. Will have a 24 hr layover in China
Agent offered us a free hotel to stay in for the 24 hours layover in China. Do we need to purchase a visa to go out the airport? Or maybe just a transit G?
Answers (3)
Answered by Shay from FRANCE | Dec. 09, 2018 22:13

May I know in which Chinese city you will transit?
Answered by Gsel from PHILIPPINES | Dec. 10, 2018 03:52

In Shanghai. PVG.
Answered by Easter from RUSSIA | Dec. 10, 2018 17:16

You can try to apply for the 24h twov, and maybe you are allowed to leave the airport by showing your hotel reservation.
Asked by Irfan Allahi from PAKISTAN | Dec. 08, 2018 06:25Reply
I want to apply for a Tourist Visa to travel to Chengdu China?
I have no one in China who send me an invitation letter from the duly authorized unit. what is the application fee? kindly guide me?
I need a tourist L for 7 days only.
Answers (1)
Answered by Swan from GREECE | Dec. 09, 2018 22:13

You have to join a tourist group to apply for a group tourist L type for China.
Asked by Anil Solanki from INDIA | Dec. 06, 2018 06:36Reply
Visa fee for indian applying from Hongkong?
I am indian passport holder.. Currently in Hongkong..
If i want to go to Shenzen/China.. What is the application fee.. And how much will be duration?
Answers (1)
Answered by Swan from CHILE | Dec. 06, 2018 18:55

If you want to apply for visa to visit mainland China from HK, you need to pay HKD310 per person. It usually takes four working days for the processing.
Asked by Gopal Agawal from INDIA | Dec. 04, 2018 08:14Reply
Flying from Delhi to San Franciso, 15 he lay ghonzhou
Delhi to SFO, via ghonzhou , 15 hour layout. (Night 8 pm to next 11 am ). 11 am ghonzhou to Wuhan 2 hr flight and after that Wuhan to SFO. Shall I need any transit g. Return also same . SFO to Wuhan then Guangzhou and ,9 hr lay at ghonzhou and then to Delhi. Pls suggest.
Answers (1)
Answered by Carl from SAN MARINO | Dec. 04, 2018 18:52

You are eligible for the 24h twov in mainland China in both ways. No visa will be required.
Asked by Hassan from PAKISTAN | Dec. 04, 2018 01:43Reply
Visa from third country
I m British national but staying in Pakistan for few months, can I apply China entry permit from Pakistan on my British passport and will they charge fee according to UK fee structure cause I read somewhere there is no fee for China entry permit from Pakistan.
Answers (2)
Answered by Anessa from DENMARK | Dec. 04, 2018 18:50

Yes, they would charge fee according to UK fee structure, and you might need to pay 4500 rupees/person for the application.
Answered by Hassan from UK | Dec. 06, 2018 13:05

Thanks Anessa.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)