Home / Embassy / North America / China Embassy in Canada

Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Canada

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Luo Zhaohui
Address: 515 St. Patrick Street, Ottawa, ON. K1N 5H3
Tel: +1-613-7893434
Fax: +1-613-7891911
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays) 

 Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Canada

Tel: +1-613-7893434 ext. 232 (manned service available between 15:30 to 17:30 on working days)
Fax: +1-613-7891414
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)  

 Consular Districts of the Embassy/Consulates in Canada

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
Embassy of PRC in Ottawa Ottawa Region,  Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador
Consulate General of PRC in Calgary Alberta, Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories
Consulate General of PRC in Toronto Ontario, Manitoba
Consulate General of PRC in Vancouver British Colombia, the Yukon Territory
Consulate General of PRC in Montreal Quebec, New Brunswick

 Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)

Tourists to China have grown rapidly in recent years. To provide a better service for the applicants, CVASC in Ottawa, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Calgary are introduced. Applications from all ordinary passport holders should be submitted to the center (applications to HK and Macao are not included): 

 CVASC in Ottawa:
Address: 220 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 1450, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5Z9
Working Hours: 09:00-15:00 (submission)
                   09:00-16:00 (payment and collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Tel: 613-563-8472
Fax: 613-563-8473

 CVASC in Vancouver:
Address: 250-999 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1K5 
Business Hours: 09:00-15:00 (submission)
                     09:00-16:00 (payment and collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Tel: 604-336-8866
Fax: 604-738-1100

 CVASC in Toronto:
Address: Suite 1501, University Center, 393 University Avenue, Toronto
Business Hours: 09:00-15:00 (submission)
                    09:00-16:00 (payment and collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Tel: 416-345-8472
Fax: 416-345-8473

 CVASC in Calgary:
Address: Suite 200, 855, 8th Avenue, SW, Calgary
Business Hours: 09:00-15:00 (submission)
                    09:00-16:00 (payment and collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Tel: 403-930-2288
Fax: 403-699-9776

 CVASC in Montreal:
Address: Suite 700, Centre Manuvie, 2000, Mansfield Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2Z6
Business Hours: Business Hours: 09:00-15:00 (submission)
                    09:00-16:00 (payment and collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Tel: 514-680-8472 
Fax: 514-680-8473


1. Regular Fee in CAD per Person

Entry Number Validity U.S.A Canada Other Countries
single 3 months 140 100 50
double 6 months 140 100 75
multiple 6 months 140 100 100
multiple 12 months 140 100 150
multiple > 12 months, ≤ 10 years 140 100 NA

2. Express and Rush Service Fee per Person 
The  processing time regularly takes 4 working days. The expedited service is available as well, and extra fee should be charged as following:

Rush Service 2 working day processing CAD 50
Express Service 3 working days processing CAD 35

3. Application Service Fees of CVASC (including HST)
in Vancouver & Calgary in Ottawa & Toronto in Montreal
Regular Service (fourth working day collection) CAD 42 CAD 45.2 CAD 45.99
Express Service (third working day collection) CAD 64.05 CAD 68.93 CAD 70.13
Urgent Service (second working day collection) CAD 90.3 CAD 97.18 CAD 98.88
Post service (excluding postage ) CAD 58.8 CAD 63.28 CAD 64.39

1. The total fees = visa fees + application service fees charged by CVASC
2. CVASC will no longer accept credit card as the form of payment. Please pay by cash, debit card or company cheque.

 Major Visa Types & Requirements

Types Purpose
Tourist (L) It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for sight-seeing.
Business (F/M) F is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for non-commercial business activities, such as research, lecture, science and technology exchange visits on invitation.
M is issued to those who intend to visit for commercial and trade activities.
Employment/Work (Z) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for employment or work.
Student (X)

It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for study.
X1 is for those who plan to stay for more than 6 months, while X2 is issued for short stay.

Private Visit (S) It is issued to family members who intend to visit the foreigners working or studying in PRC, or to those who intend to go to PRC for other private affairs.
Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in PRC.
Transit (G) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for transit to another country/region.
Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visas

1. Canadian citizens are exempted from Hong Kong Visa if they go to Hong Kong for visit or sightseeing and they stay at Hong Kong for not more than 90 days.
2. Canadian citizens are exempted from Macao Visa for up to 30 days.

 On February 28, 2015, China and Canada signed a bilateral agreement on issuing long-term multiple-entry visa. The agreement takes effect from March 9, 2015, meaning that from then on Canadian citizens can get a Chinese entry permit (L / M / S2 / Q2 type) valid for up to ten years by submitting all required documents. Generally speaking, the longest granted validity may not exceed the passport’s remaining validity and each stay may not exceed 180 days. The cost for such entry permit is 100 Canadian dollars. Applicants should pay attention that if the remaining validity of their passports is relatively short they had better secure a new passport before setting about the application.

 2017 Public Holidays of CVASC in Ottawa

Festival Date Day
New Year Day January 2 Monday
Chinese New Year January 27 - 31 Friday - Tuesday
Good Friday April 14 Friday
International Worker's Day May 1 Monday
Victoria Day May 22 Monday
Dragon Boat Festival May 30 Tuesday
Canada Day July 3 Monday
Civic Day August 7 Monday
Labor Day September 4 Monday
Chinese National Day October 2 - 4 Monday - Wednesday
Thanksgiving Day October 9 Monday
Remembrance Day November 13 Monday
Christmas Day December 25 Monday
Boxing Day December 26 Tuesday
Note: The holidays schedules above are subject to change as necessary according to the embassy.

 Please contact Embassy of Canada in China if Canadians are in problems there.

 Recommended Tours:
China Tour from Toronto Canada
China Tour from Vancouver Canada
China Tour from Montreal Canada

 Other Chinese Embassies in North America:
Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Grenada