Chinese Embassies in North America

Antigua and Barbuda: Cedar Valley, Saint John's, Antigua and Barbuda

Bahamas: 3rd Orchard Terrace, Village Road, Nassau, the Bahamas (P.O. Box SS-6389)

Barbados: No.17 Golfview Terrace, Rockley, Christ Church, Barbados

Canada: 515 St. Patrick Street, Ottawa, Ont. K1N 5H3, Canada

Costa Rica: De la casa de D. Oscar Arias 100 metros al sur y 50 metros al oeste, Rohrmoser, Pavas, San Jose, Costa Rica

Cuba: Calle 13 No. 551, Entre CYD, Vedado, Ciudad de La Havana, Cuba

Dominica: Morne Daniel, Roseau, the Commonwealth of Dominica

Grenada: Azar Villa at Calliste St. George's, Grenada

Jamaica: 8 Seaview Avenue, Kingston 10, Jamaica

Mexico: Avenue Rio Magdalena 172, Col. Tizapan San Angel, Mexico, D.F.C.01090

Trinidad and Tobago: No.39, Alexandra Street, St. Clair, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

United States of America: 2300 Connecticut Avenue, N. W., Washington D.C. 20008, U.S.A.


Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Steven Lee(USA)
Should medical examination be conducted before application of Z or after Z granted?

 Answered by Mr. JOHNNASH(United States)
Mr. Steven lee, the Medicinal examination should be done before the Z application, please do it in Singapore General Hospital or Raffles Hospital.

  Asked by ANNE LAFRAMBOISE(Mexico)
I'm Canadian passport holders but living in Mexico now. I am planning to travel to China. I have filled out the visa application form for Mexicans and also the supplementary for foreigners living in Mexico, filled out the part d section only. Is there something else that is needed from me to fill out?

 Answered by Mike
Besides the application form V.2011A and the application form V.2011B, you don't need to fill out other forms. For China tourist L application, you also need to provide your Canadian passport, the Mexican FM2 and its copy, the round-trip flight tickets.

  Asked by Ms. HK
Would like to know where to renew my Old HK ID card to the latest HK Smart ID Card and where to apply for the HKSAR passport here in Toronto? Yes! Both are for getting the $6000.00 from the HK Government. Please advise :)

 Answered by Bob
If you apply for HKSAR passport renewal and the Hong Kong ID card renewal together, you can apply it through China consulate in Toronto. The consulate will mail your application to the immigration department of Hong Kong government; it takes about 1 month for the application. You'd better go to the consulate in person to enquire the whole procedure, requirements; it is complex to tell you all the details.

- Last modified on Mar. 13, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassies in North America
Asked by Georgette from CANADA | Mar. 13, 2019 10:34Reply
cruise stops 1 day in Sanya, China on April 19 and then debark in Shanghai on April 28
I am on a cruise ship with seabourn and we have 1 stop for 1 day in Sanya, China and then debark in Shanghal on April 28. we are taking the flight back to Montreal same day on April 28.

Do we need a china visa. We are Canadian citizens with Canadian passprt?

Thank you for letting me know.

Answers (1)
Answered by Rupert | Mar. 13, 2019 19:35

Yes, you are supposed to apply for visa for China before your departure.
Asked by Timothy Gabriel from ST. VINCENT & GRENADINES | Nov. 05, 2018 12:29Reply
3 weeks in China
Hi, My wife and I are planning a tourist trip for 3 weeks throughout China but the application is expensive for us as we live in St. Vincent & The Grenadines, no consulate or Embassy so need to travel and stay in another country (Barbados or Grenada) to get visa. Is it possible to go to Shanghai for 144 hours free transit and then apply for tourist L to travel in China for 2 more weeks?
Answers (1)
Answered by Sarah | Nov. 05, 2018 19:18

I'm afraid you cannot do that. You should apply for a tourist L type before your trip to mainland China.
Asked by Li from CANADA | Jul. 27, 2018 10:20Reply
Can I renew the new HK ID card in Calgary? Please provide info and Embassy office and phone no.
Answers (1)
Answered by Joey from USA | Jul. 29, 2018 20:49

You can renew your HK passport from the China embassy in there. But maybe you need to go back to HK to renew your HK ID.
Asked by Evelyn Rucker from USA | May. 21, 2018 16:18Reply
where do we apply visa from Sacramento
Answers (1)
Answered by Bucs from FRANCE | May. 22, 2018 03:26

Hi, you can try to submit the application to the Chinese consulate general in San Francisco.
Asked by Daren from USA | Apr. 30, 2018 14:09Reply
US Citizen traveling from Singapore to China
We are currently visiting family in Singapore, and would like to travel from here to Hong Kong for 7 days. Where would we start to get a visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Patrick from USA | May. 02, 2018 03:17

Daren, you don't need to apply for a visa for the 7 days visit to HK. Don't worry.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)