Chinese Embassies in South America

Argentina: Crisologo Larralde 5349, CAP FED. Buenos Aires 1431, Argentina

Bolivia: Calle 1, No. 8532, Lospinos, Calacoto La Paz, Bolivia (Casilla No.10005)

Brazil: Q813, Lote51, Avenue of Nations, Brasilia-DF 70443-900, Brazil

Chile: Avenue Pedro de Valdivia 550, Santiago, Chile

Colombia: Carrera 16 # 98-30, Bogotá, Colombia

Ecuador: Av. Atahualpa 349 y Av. Amazonas, Quito, Ecuador (P. O. Box 17-1105413)

Guyana: Lot 02, Mandela Avenue, Botanic Gardens, Georgetown, Guyana

Peru: Jr. Jose Granda 150, San Isidro, Lima 27, Peru

Suriname: Anton Dragtenweg 154, Paramaribo, Suriname

Uruguay: Miraflores 1508, Carrasco, esq. Pedro Blanes Viale, Montevideo. Casilla de correo 18966, Código Postal 11500

Venezuela: Av. Orinoco con Calle Monterrey, Urb. Las Mercedes, Municipio Baruta, Caracas 1060, Venezuela (P. O. Box 80665)  

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Bos(Netherlands)
My Name is Pieter Bos
I am a Dutch passport holder currently in Santiago
I need a Chinese Visa for employment on a cruise ship. I understand I need only Single Entry Crew Visa as it is only for my embarkation to the ship not debarkation which is in Europe (Please confirm)
I have a letter of employment, and would like to obtain it and process the application via Santiago Chinese Embassy as I live in Mendoza.
Please advise if I can do so. I would be happy to speak with someone in person.
If it is possible to obtain it? Please advise asap. OR please advise if I could send all necessary info (incl. photo letter passport payment) from Mendoza to your office in Santiago.
Please advise asap Thank You

 Answered by Ms. Lilian
Hello, Pieter Bos, I guess you can apply for it from the embassy in Santiago if you can present the valid Chile visa or residence permit of Chile. Please don't send all documents to Consular office of Chinese embassy in Santiago by mailing because your passport or documents maybe lost.

  Asked by Mr. Acevedo(Colombia)
My name is helbert Acevedo, i'm colombian citicens and live in Orlando Fl. in this moment. I want tht you let me know what document i need to present in the Embassy in Colombia to obtain China visa to visit my costumer in Shanghai?

 Answered by Mr. Bobby
You need prodive the following documents to Chinese embassy: your original passport; application form attached one recent passport photo; Invitation Letter from your costumer; Visa Notice Sheet issued by Shanghai Foreign Trade and Economic Relations Commission.

- Last updated on Jul. 07, 2023 -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassies in South America
Asked by Jose Ventura from USA | Jan. 01, 2020 09:17Reply
Two adults and a minor all US citizens. We arrive at PKE around midnight and don’t leave until the next evening for LAX.

We have reservations at Hilton next to Forbidden City. Do we need Visa for this layover?
Answers (1)
Answered by Mandy from UNITED KINGDOM | Jan. 02, 2020 18:27

Jose, you don't need a visa for this layover because you can enjoy the visa-free transit policy.
Asked by Shayleen from SOUTH AFRICA | Sep. 14, 2019 02:57Reply
How long does a tourist Visa last?
How long does a prolonged Chinese Visa last?
Answers (1)
Answered by Alexis from USA | Sep. 16, 2019 00:22

Currently, it seems that one month is the standard period for regular tourist visa extension. However, the accumulated length of the extended stay cannot exceed the duration of stay on your original visa.
Asked by Matt from POLAND | Sep. 21, 2018 17:25Reply
Backpackers in SA
Hello, me and my wife are traveling in SA now. We are both Polish citizens. Our next destination is supposed to be China.
I know what documents we need to have, but I am not sure if we can apply for the visa at any embassy in SA?
Answers (1)
Answered by Swan from DENMARK | Sep. 25, 2018 01:10

Hi, as I know, if you don't have valid residence permit in South Africa, you cannot apply for Chinese tourist L type from the CVASC in South Africa.
Asked by Sarah from SCOTLAND | Apr. 09, 2015 10:29Reply
UK Backpacker in SA needing onward visa for China
I am from the UK and backpacking around SA and am then planning to go to Mongolia and mainland via HK. How far in advance can I apply, and how do I go about arranging one when on the road? Many thanks
Answers (1)
Answered by Mia from INDONESIA | Apr. 10, 2015 02:05

Sarah, you should apply as early as three months ahead of your trip. However, the Chinese mbassy suggests that the applicants should submit their applications about one month of their departure date.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)