Chinese Embassy in Chile

Ambassador: Mr. Niu Qingbao
Address: Avenue Pedro de Valdivia 550, Providencia, Santiago
Tel: +56-2-2339880
Fax: +56-2-2341129
Office Hours: 09:00-13:00, 15:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office

Office Hours:
Visa Application: 09:30-12:30 from Mon. - Fri. (except holidays)
Visa Pick-up: 15:00-17:00 (visa pick-up) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (except holidays)
Details about applying a visa in Chile, refer to How to Apply A Chinese Visa?

Visa Application

All visa application should be submitted to the consular office of the Embassy. Nationals of Chile can enter and stay in Hong Kong for 90 days and in Macau for 30 days visa-free.

Regular Visa Fee (CLP)

Nationality / Types Fees
Chile L, M, F, Q2, S2 0
Other types 23,000
Other countries Single-Entry 15,000
Double-Entry 23,000
Multi-Entry  45,000
 Effective from Dec. 11, 2023 t0 Dec. 31, 2024.

Expedited Service Fee

1 working day processing CLP 26,000
2 working days processing CLP 20,000
3 working days processing CLP 14,000


Consulate-General of the PRC in Iquique

Consul General: Ms. Fu Xinrong
Address: Calle Simón Bolívar 202, Edificio Finanzas, Oficina 1401, Iquique, Chile
Tel: +56-57-2217827; +56-9-66127618 (for emergency)
Fax: +56-57-2217830
Office Hours:
Accept visa application: 10:00-13:00 
Collection: 15:00 - 17:00

 Please contact Embassy of Chile in China if Chileans are in problems there.
 China Tour from Chile
 Related Chinese Embassies in South America: Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana  

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Esteban Dominguez(USA)
Hello, my name is Esteban Dominguez I am a USA citizen visiting Chile until May 28th. I 'm planning to travel in mid June for business, But I will not be in the USA long enough to apply for Chinese Visa before my next travel. My question is, Can I apply for a Multi- entry here in Santiago to travel from USA? Thank you for your Assistance.

 Answered by Mr. Jacques
You can have a try to apply for a multiple-entry at the Chinese embassy in Santiago. However, Officers are empowered to make final decision on the validity, duration of stay and times of entry. According to my experience, the USA passport holders can easily get a single-entry in a third country. Good Luck!

  Asked by Ana Diaz(United Arab Emirates)
Hello, I am from Chile and I am just finishing my internship in United Arab Emirates. I am thinking to travel from here, Hong Kong and Mongolia, so I would like to apply here for the Chinese visa. My itinerary would be: start in Hong Kong, then travel to Shanghai and arrive in Beijing before I cross to Mongolia by train (I will not return to mainland or Hong Kong). I would like to spend two weeks visiting Hong Kong and China. My question is: for this trip I only need to apply for a Chinese single-entry and I don't need to apply for a Hong Kong visa also?

 Answered by Ryan
Yes, you just need to apply for a Chinese single entry and you odn't need to apply for any a Hong Kong because Chilean passport holders are exempt from it to Hong Kong for 90 days.

  Asked by Alicia Madrid 
If my boss has a Visa with an M (multiple?) valid for two years and is traveling to China now, does he only need to present it at the airport?

 Answered by Kevin
He also needs to present his valid passport at the airport.

- Last updated on Feb. 07, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Chile
Asked by Rodrigo from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 23, 2017 02:09Reply
Australian applying for M Visa in Chile to China
I'm dual Australian - Chilean citizen and I'll be in Chile visiting my family, is it possible to apply as Australian passport holder for a business (M) visa to enter to China in Chile? I need to apply for this job as Australian citizen.

Answers (1)
Answered by Becky from GERMANY | Nov. 23, 2017 03:40

Hi, you can apply for the business M type in there by using your Australian passport as long as you have all the right documents. Don't worry.
Asked by Jochen Ghyselbrecht from BELGIUM | Sep. 27, 2017 04:25Reply
Belgium citizen and traveling true South America, is it possible to apply for a single entry?
Hi, I'm traveling for 3 months true South America and would like to apply for my Chinese visa in Santiago because it's the last place I stop before heading to china.
Is it possible to do so and how many days should I stay in Santiago before to get the entry permit?
Friendly regards,

Answers (1)
Answered by Natalie from GREECE | Sep. 27, 2017 20:29

It's possible to get it in Santiago. It usually takes four to five working days for the processing, so you need to stay there for 4 to 5 days at least.
Asked by Daniela from CHILE | May. 07, 2017 03:42Reply
Greetings, I hold a Chilean passport but I don't have any pages left.
Can I obtain a Chilean passport while in China? I travel back and forth on an M visa and will now have an L tourist visa. Thanks!
Answers (1)
Answered by Candy from UNITED KINGDOM | May. 08, 2017 01:18

Hi, it's possible for you to get it within China. You can give it a try!
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)