Embassy & Consulate of Chile in China

Embassy of the Republic of Chile in Beijing

Ambassador: H.E. Mr. Luis Schmidt Montes
Address: No. 1, Dong Si Jie, San Li Tun, Chaoyang District
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 6532 1591
Fax: (+86)10 6532 3170
Email: embachile@echilecn.com
Hours for Visa Interview: 10:00-12:00, Monday-Friday


Consulate General in Shanghai

Address: Room 2501, No. 2299, Yan'an West Road
Tel: (+86)21 62360770
Fax: (+86)21 6249 8333
Consular Areas: Shanghai Municipality, Zhejiang Province, Jiangsu Province, Anhui Province

 Nationality Policy
The Republic of Chile does not recognize dual nationality except for Spain because Chile and Spain have signed the Recognition Dual Nationality Agreement.

Fees for Applying for Chile Visa

Generally speaking, it takes five working days to process the visa applications. Please make payment when you present application; RMB 432 for a Single-Entry permitting 30 days of sojourn in Chile, RMB 642 for a Multiple-Entry permitting a duration of stay for up to 90 days, RMB 1,294 for Resident or Student Visa. Moreover, applicants should pay extra RMB 90 per person for return visa fees. But if the return service is not needed, the RMB 90 will be returned to you. Return visa means that your application will be first permitted by Chile Immigration Department and it give a visa issuance permit to the Embassy in China. 

Custom Regulations

Chile has strict quarantine on entry of animals and plants. According to the prescription of customs, people go there should make a declaration if they take the following articles:
1. fresh milk, butter, cream, cheese, all kinds of seed, dried fruit
2. fresh fruit or flowers, plants
3. insects, trial bacterium, bees, honey, animal sperm and biological products
4. little animal, pets and fowl, sample of rare wild animals, fur products or auxiliary product 
5. all kinds of meat, charqui, meat intestines

 Please contact China Embassy in Chile if Chileans will go to China.
 China Tour from Chile

- Last modified on Nov. 10, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulate of Chile in China
Asked by Yumeng Wang from CHINA | Jun. 03, 2019 19:45Reply
Chinese citizen, US F1 visa holder applying for tourist visa
Hi, Mr/Ms
I'm a Chinese citizen who holds US F1 student visa. Now I'm back to China due to my school's summer break. I want to travel to Chile during my break. Due to the basis that I have a US F1 visa, do I still need to apply a Chilean tourist visa? If I do need, can I apply the visa in Chilean consulate in China instead of in US, because I won't return to US until Oct.
Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Andy from USA | Jun. 04, 2019 00:41

You should contact with Chilean Embassy in China for more information.
Asked by Miguel Aguirre from UNITED STATES | Dec. 20, 2018 07:22Reply
Chileans living in USA traveling to China
With my wife and 7-year-old son, we are planning a trip to China in April 2019. We are Chileans but we live in the USA. My son has a dual citizen, what is better for us? Travel with both passports or all the 3 of us with the Chilean passport? Where do we process the Chinese Visa in the USA?
Answers (1)
Answered by Angle from DENMARK | Dec. 20, 2018 19:06

You should apply from the consulate general where your living area belongs to. I think you would be fine no matte which passport you take in your trip. Just make sure you have valid visa for mainland China.
Asked by enkh from MONGOLIA | Oct. 16, 2015 22:48Reply
i want to visit Chile for a one week, do Mongolian citizens need a visa?
Answers (3)
Answered by Gloria from NEW ZEALAND | Oct. 17, 2015 02:54

Enkh, you need to apply for a tourist type in advance.
Answered by enkhmaa from MONGOLIA | Oct. 20, 2015 02:44

Hello dear, i wanted to know procedures and how many days would spend for get it. Could you give me whole information about traveling entry permit.
Answered by Gloria from NEW ZEALAND | Oct. 20, 2015 03:02

Sorry, Dear, I don't know much about the details as there is rare information on it. You can contact the embssy for further answers.
Asked by MM from CHINA | Oct. 03, 2015 22:54Reply
chinese citizen but austrlian permanent resident, do i need a visa to chile
Hi im PRC citizen but live in australia permanently. Im travelling in PRC now have my return ticket? Thanks.
Answers (1)
Answered by Zack from SWEDEN | Oct. 09, 2015 02:46

Hi, if you have a entry permit for US or Canada and it's valid for more than six months, you don't need the entry permit for Chile. Otherwise, you'll need one.
Asked by Jackie | Oct. 02, 2012 03:12Reply
Chinese National Needs Visa to Chile
Hi, i am living in Shandong. I need a visa to go for a maximum of 5 days. what is the process to apply and how long will it take.

Thanks in advance
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Oct. 06, 2012 01:56

You need to submit your application to the embassy in Beijing. They have no offivial website for reference, so you'd better contact the embassy directly for details.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)