China Embassy in Colombia

Ambassador: Mr. Lan Hu
Address: Carrera 16 # 98-30, Bogotá
Tel: +57-1-6223213
Fax: +57-1-6223114 

Consular Office

Tel: +57-1-6223126
Fax: +57-1-6223114

Details about applying a visa in Colombia, refer to How to Apply A Chinese Visa?

Sections of Chinese Embassy in Colombia

Sections Information
Political Office Tel: +57-1-6223258
Fax: +57-1-6223114
Defense Attaché Office Tel: +57-1-6223248
Fax: +57-1-6223248
Economic & Commercial Office Tel: +57-1-6222879, 6223103
Fax: +57-1-6222879
Cultural office Tel: +57-1-6223228
Fax: +57-1-6223228
Consular Office Tel: +57-1-6223126
Fax: +57-1-6223114
Administrative Office Tel: +57-1-6223213
Fax: +57-1-6223114


Regular Fee per Person (the Currency Unit is Peso)

Types Colombian Citizens American Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry with 3-month Validity 75,000 280,000 80,000
Double-Entry with 6-month Validity 113,000 280,000 120,000
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 150,000 280,000 160,000
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 230,000 280,000 240,000

Expedited Service Fee per Person (the Currency Unit is Peso)

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
2-3 working days processing 52,000


Consulate-General of the PRC in Barranquilla

Consul General: Ms. Wang Huijun
Address: Cra 51B Nº 80-58 oficina 1002 Smart Office Center, Barranquilla, Colombia
Tel: +57-5-3187607
Fax: +57-5-3187210
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except holidays)

 To improve the work efficiency, the consulate-general in Barranquilla has temporarily been closed since June 30th 2017. All diplomatic and consular affairs of this consulate are now under the charge of the Chinese embassy in Bogotá.

 Please contact Embassy of Colombia in China if Colombians are in problems there.

 Related Chinese Embassies in South America: Ecuador, GuyanaPeru

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Santiago(Linares)
Hi. I am a Colombian citizen currently living and working in London. I may need to go to Hong Kong to visit our offices there. It would be a short stay (not longer than 1 week). Would I need to apply for a visa? Thanks for your help.

 Answered by Ms. HELPER
You don't need to apply for it to Hong Kong because Colombians are exempt from it to Hong Kong for up to 90 days. 

  Asked by Mr. Gonzalo M.(USA)
I am a Colombian citizen living in Phoenix Arizona US. I have lived 15 years in the US and I am waiting for my Green Card but I am not officially a Permanent Resident of the US. I plan to travel to the PRC (GUANGZHOU) early January for two weeks, but possibly returning later for series of two weeks every 3 or 6 months. I would be engaged in a work as a consultant to a goverment agency. Questions:
1. What type do I need?
2. Where should I process it here in the US?

 Answered by Mr. Noah
1. You can apply for a work Z or business F to the PRC, but it is up to the documents provided by the government agency, if it can provide your Alien Work Permit and Notification Form, you can apply for work Z, if it only provide you  notification form, you can apply for Business F.
If you don't have the two documents, you can apply for a tourist L to Guangzhou for your two weeks trip.
2. You can apply from Consulate General of PRC in Los Angeles because Arizona is under its consular jurisdiction.

- Last updated on May. 05, 2023 by Brenda Lian -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Colombia
Asked by Stephen from UNITED KINGDOM | Jun. 02, 2023 10:21Reply
China work visa for non Colombian
I'm a tourist in Colombia, my nationality is UK. I need a Chinese work visa. Can I apply for it in Bogota?
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Jun. 04, 2023 22:54

I'm afraid the rejection rate is very high and it is suggested to apply the visa in UK.
Asked by Sophia Chen from USA | May. 02, 2023 09:53Reply
Visa for American Citizen, not colombian resident
Hi, I am an American citizen in Colombia on a tourist visa, and need to reapply for my Chinese visa for a visit in June. Can I do this from Colombia or do I need to return to the US? Can I get it expedited here?

Also, if so, is it possible to apply for the 10-year visa?
Thank you very much!
Answers (1)
Answered by May | May. 05, 2023 01:43

It is suggested to return to US as you are very possibly rejected if applying in Colombia. It is possible for you to apply for the 10-year visa in US, especially when you have traveled to China many times before.
Asked by Michael Eakman from COLOMBIA | Mar. 03, 2023 06:02Reply
American Citizen living in Colombia
I am an American citizen married to a Colombian and living in Colombia. We are developing a project here and may need to travel to China to visit a supplier/manufacturer of glamping domes. Which visa would we need and Can I/we get the required visa at the Chinese embassy in Bogotá (even though I’m American (with a Colombian marriage visa)…
Answers (1)
Answered by Kathy | Mar. 05, 2023 19:10

You need business visas. It's possible for you to get it in Bogotá; the additional residence permit in Colombia is required.
Asked by Julieth from GERMANY | May. 17, 2021 03:27Reply
Working visa for Colombian citizen in Germany
I live and have residence in Germany for three years, my job requires me to process a work visa for China. can I do it in Germany because I am a resident of this country or I must process it directly in Colombia?
Answers (1)
Answered by Chris | May. 18, 2021 02:14

You can do it in Germany providing your local residence permit.
Asked by Gabriel Herrera from CHINA | Jan. 04, 2021 19:02Reply
Requirements for trip from Colombia to China
I am currently in Shanghai and I plan to go to Colombia on February 6 and come back CHINA on February 23,2021. I have work permit and resident permit validated up to September 2021
Answers (2)
Answered by Mandy | Jan. 10, 2021 23:58

Before you re-enter, you need to go through PCR and Igm tests and get the health code.
Answered by Gabriel Herrera | Jan. 13, 2021 20:58

During the connection flight to Shanghai , is it requested additional test before boarding the flight to Shanghai?
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)