China Embassy in Peru

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Ms. Huang Minhui
Address: Jr. Jose Granda 150, San Isidro, Lima 27, Peru
Tel: +51-1-4429458, 2220841, +51-1-99363368, 99274089 (Mobile Phone)
Fax: +51-1-4429467
Office Hours: 09:00-13:00, 15:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office

Address: Calle Carlos Porras Osores 419, San Isidro
Tel: +51-1-4429466, 4429458
Fax: +51-1-2222609
Office Hours:
For application: 09:00-12:00, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except holidays)
For payment and collection: 16:00-17:00, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except holidays)

Sections of Chinese Embassy in Peru

Sections Information
Secretary to Ambassador Tel: +51-1-2220841
Political Office Tel: +51-1-2224446
Consular Office Tel: +51-1-4429466
Cultural Office Tel: +51-1-4420840
Economic & Commercial Office Tel: +51-1-2615919, 4604676
Fax: +51-1-4619855
Defense Attaché Office Tel: +51-1-4419651

Visa Application

Please refer to How to Apply A Chinese Visa to get detailed requirements about application.


Regular Fee per Person

Types Peruvian Citizens American Citizens
Single-Entry USD 40 USD 140
Double-Entry USD 60 USD 140
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity USD 80 USD 140
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity USD 120 USD 140

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 5 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. In addition, more money will be paid as following:

3 working days processing USD 25

 Please contact Embassy of Peru in China if Peruvians are in problems there.

 Related Chinese Embassies in South America: SurinameUruguayVenezuela

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Ms. Magda  
Dear Sir/Madam,
I'm peruvian and I'm studying in Australia (Brisbane City) until May. I have a month to travel and I really want to go to China, but i don't know if I can get a tourist L here in Australia, and how to apply.
Your sincerely,

 Answered by Mr. Mike (USA )
You can get a tourist L in Brisbane, the valid Australia visa or residence permit can prove your legal status in Australia.

  Asked by Ms. Schipper  
I would like to visit Tibet for a long period of time to practice Buddhism. I don't know yet for how long, maybe a couple of years... Is that possible? And what type do I need?

 Answered by Mr. Maxine
Stay in Tibet for a couple of years? To visit Tibet, besides a Chinese tourist L, you should also apply for a Tibet Travel Permit from the Tibet Tourism Bureau. I am sure not sure if you can apply for a residence permit after your entry into Tibet. You'd better contact the Tibet Tourism Bureau for enquiry.

- Last modified on Dec. 15, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Peru
Asked by Any from PERU | Dec. 15, 2019 10:39Reply
Visa for transit through China
Hey. Im a peruvian citizen and Im planning my vacations to HongKong. Im flying from Lima to Los angeles then to Xiamen in China to finally go to HongKong. Do i need visa to transit? I’ll be there on a 5 hours layover.
Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from PERU | Dec. 15, 2019 22:53

Dear, you don't need a visa.
Asked by Dave from CHILE | Aug. 27, 2019 13:15Reply
If a visa is applied for on the wednesday under the urgent basis is the visa ready by friday
I refer to the 3 working days and wether the wednesday is counted as one of the 3 days
Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from PERU | Aug. 27, 2019 23:33

If you submit the application early on Wednesday, then Wednesday is counted as one of the 3 days. You can confirm this with the consular officer.
Asked by Steve Thomas from AUSTRALIA | Jul. 31, 2019 00:51Reply
Chinese student visa in Peru
Hello. I am an Australian studying in China and I am going to Peru to meet my Brazilian girlfriend in November. My student visa will expire during this time so I am hoping I can reapply during my time in Peru for a new Chinese student visa. Is this possible? I really hope so. Thanks.
Answers (1)
Answered by Greta from USA | Aug. 01, 2019 23:04

Steve, you'd better to contact with Chinese Embassy in Peru for detailed information. Here is the e-mail
Asked by Jessica from ALEXANDER | Jul. 08, 2019 12:10Reply
X2 Visa in Lima
Hi, I am an Italian citizen currently traveling in South America. I am going to study abroad in China starting in September with an X2 visa (I have all the needed documents) and was wondering if it would be possible to apply for the visa in Lima? Any advice is appreciated.
Answers (3)
Answered by Jenny from USA | Jul. 11, 2019 18:24

Jessica, you may not apply in Peru if you don't have long-term legal stay there.
Answered by Jessica from PERU | Jul. 12, 2019 05:13

Is there any exception to this rule in which I would still be able to apply in Lima?
Answered by Jenny from USA | Jul. 14, 2019 18:34

Jessica, I guess not. You'd better to contact with Chinese Embassy in Peru for more detailed information.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)