Chinese Embassy in Suriname

Ambassador: Mr. Han Jing
Address: Anton Dragtenweg 131, Paramaribo, Suriname
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 3042, Paramaribo, Suriname
Tel: +597-451570
Fax: +597-452540

Consular Office

Tel: +597-454521, 08:00 - 12:00 from Monday to Friday
Office Hours: 08:30-11:30, Tuesday-Friday (except holidays)

30-Day Visa Free Entry Policy

China granted 30-day visa free entry for citizens of Suriname. All nationals of Suriname can enter and stay in China Mainland for up to 30 days cisa-free. Nationals of Suriname enjoy 14-day visa-free entry to Hong Kong, China.

Visa Application

Citizens of Suriname plan to staying in China for more than 30 days are requested to apply for a China visa at the consualr office of the Embassy. 

Regular Visa Fees (USD)

Nationality / Types Fees
Suriname Single-Entry 11
Double-Entry 19
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 23
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 38
The USA All types 139
Canada All types 60
Brazil All types 165
Other countries Single-Entry 23
Double-Entry 34
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 45
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 68
 Effective from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.

Expedited Service Fee

The regular processing time is 5 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:

1 working day processing USD 37
2-3 working days processing USD 25

 Please contact Embassy of Suriname in China if Surinamese citizens are in problems there.

 Related China Embassies in South America: Uruguay, Venezuela, Argentina

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. max
Hi, I'm planning to Yiwu via Shanghai on this July with my family-wife and 2 kids. My intentions is to get an idea of outsourcing exporting small quantity from China to Suriname. I will take samples for my business here and enjoy our trip for few days in Shanghai before depart for KL. Which type is suit for us? Thank you.

 Answered by Ms. Ruth
Citizens of Suriname are exempted from visa application if staying for no more than 30 days.

  Asked by Ms. Renata
I would like to know an information. My fiancee is going to work in China for 6 months and I would like to go with him for this time. He got an F. What type should I get? He is italian and I went to the consulate to get information, they told me to get a tourist L and then ask for a permit when I get there so I can stay more than 3 months. How do I do that? Can I work with the permit? Thank you.

 Answered by Mr David
You can enter China visa-free first, and then apply for an extension of stay or temporary residence permit  within 30 days when you are in China. It’s illegal to work with the tourist L or temporary residence permit.

- Last updated on Feb. 08, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Suriname
Asked by Herman P. Alendy from SURINAME | Jul. 24, 2019 16:01Reply
Me and my wife are holding Suriname passports and would like to visit China for vacation aug 8 to 16
We have not applied for a visa while at home in Suriname and we are now in the USA, Florida. The intention was to travel to China, debarking from Miami, Florida. It is only when we were completing our tickets and stay on line, we noted that a visa for China is needed for Surinamers. Just a note why I got confused: I attended with a delegate a Bauxite Summit in Singapore (June 24th -26th) organized by Elay Zhang of The Bauxite Club
Tel: +86-185 1630 9994, that is located in China; on that occasion we could enter Singapore without a visa and got an visa exemption of 30 days. My question is can we get a two weeks visa exemption while visiting China. My name: Herman P. Alendy and wife Sonja M. Alendy-Rensch
Answers (1)
Answered by Greta from USA | Jul. 24, 2019 18:26

Dear, you can't get visa exemption for two weeks in China and you should apply for Chinese visa in advance.
Asked by Veronique CHENG from FRENCH GUYANA | Mar. 01, 2019 07:35Reply
Appointment for renew my chinese passeport
I would like make a appointment to renew my Chinese passeport because the China Embassy will be here at Guyane (I live at FRENCH GUYANA). How can I make it?

Thanks for the answer

Answers (1)
Answered by Andrew from DENMARK | Mar. 03, 2019 18:39

You can check the detailed information from the official website of the China embassy in Guyana.
Asked by Piet from SURINAME | Apr. 10, 2018 12:14Reply
What are the opening hours of the visa issuing department?
Answers (1)
Answered by Gale from DENMARK | Apr. 10, 2018 21:49

Opening hours of the embassy: 08:00-11:00, Tuesday-Thursday (except holidays)
Asked by ria from SURINAME | Sep. 19, 2017 20:34Reply
A friend lost his passport. But needs to go to taiwan urgent because of his sickness.
My friend from tiawan lost his passport. And he needs to go back to taiwan due his sickness. He has a police report. In how many days can he get a urgent travel document.
Answers (1)
Answered by Marco from GERMANY | Sep. 19, 2017 22:07

It usually takes five working days to process the application. You can call the China embassy in Suriname to consult that if there is an express service for that. TEL: 00597-454521
Asked by Aloysia Kort from SURINAME | Aug. 17, 2017 18:37Reply
Apply visa china
Hello, having a Dutch passport being a citizen from Paramaribo, being 2 weeks in the Netherlands before travelling to China in september.Where can I best apply for it: in the Netherlands or in Surinam. Do you have to apply in person or somebody els can do this ? I will travel with my brother who lives in the Netherlands. Thank you. Regards wies h.
Answers (1)
Answered by Seth from FINLAND | Aug. 17, 2017 20:55

Aloysia, you can make the application from both the Netherlands and Surinam. But chances are you cannot get a multiple-entry visa if you do that in Surinam. You can find someone else to do that on your behalf if you cannot go to the embassy or the consulate in person.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)